SWAC Baseball Opening Weekend

Not only does SU charge for admittance to its baseball games, but that revenue together with funds generated from working with the Rickie Weeks organization, will go to revamp the SU baseball facility, including artficial playing surface.
Plus SU baseball concessions the best in America no lie. People come to games to eat lol.

To get better as a team, conference. This isn’t football or basketball. In baseball, nearly every team has defeated a P5 school. And this is a sport where the main difference is the pitching. Find some pitching talent, then all the schools are even....even with our less than facilities

What you mean. We can win OC games in Baseball. We do it every season. TSU probably pitched a freshman. That’s what happened to SU in game 3 vs UNO. Started a freshman and he gave up 5 runs in the first. SU Only gave up 1 the rest of the game.
It's evident you two don't understand what I'm saying. I can't explain it to you now, cause I'm sleepy.

We are D-1, play a D-1 schedule. Stop scheduling non D-1 schools. Baseball has a chance to be great.

Exactly, if there is any of the major sports where you can compete and beat P5s, it’s baseball.

I can understand wearing one on the chin against a high P5...but when you’re getting throttled by Mercer, Southern Illinois and Southeastern Louisiana, you can’t complain about competition. You’ve gotta simply play better.

Exactly, if there is any of the major sports where you can compete and beat P5s, it’s baseball.

I can understand wearing one on the chin against a high P5...but when you’re getting throttled by Mercer, Southern Illinois and Southeastern Louisiana, you can’t complain about competition. You’ve gotta simply play better.
Much like this. ^^^^^^ There are other D1 schools you can play. Getting molly whoop by a ranked or top 10 team is doing what? If we can't compete with the unranked D-1 teams, why schedule the top rank ones?

It's evident that we're lacking somewhere. Either in the coaching department, batting, pitching, or fielding area. Or maybe all the above, but playing a top rank team does what if those problems are evident?

I AGREE!

We are D-1, play a D-1 schedule. Stop scheduling non D-1 schools. Baseball has a chance to be great.

Now this I agree with in baseball. And I'm saying this knowing we play Delta State annually but not this year though. Hail State is our only remaining scheduled OOC opponent)

JSU beating #1 ULL a few years ago and Southern beating LSU recently shows what our league is capable of.

Now this I agree with in baseball. And I'm saying this knowing we play Delta State annually but not this year though. Hail State is our only remaining scheduled OOC opponent)

JSU beating #1 ULL a few years ago and Southern beating LSU recently shows what our league is capable of.
SU has a long history of win int OC games.

Come on Alabama a&m, how in the world do you give up 73 runs in three games. I know you all have had about 10 coaches over the last 15 years. But............ Does the athletic administration care at all about baseball?

Or... it lets you know the difference between P5 programs and SWAC schools

It's a night and day difference between Hail State's baseball facilities/program and Valley. Same for other SWAC schools in the same state as P5 programs.
They charge money to attend their games

PV charges for it's games too. You can buy a season pass for baseball or buy a All Sports Season Pass that gets you into everything.

Back