SWAC Baseball 4/21 to 4/23

Yeap, kind of like how TSU's football team went from 1st to worst in the blink of an eye after the *.

I don't get all butt hurt about that...So this statement doesn't bother me.

There's no comparison between TSU football as we never had far to fall. The former HBCU Golden Baseball program (*) has fallen further because of the level you all experienced to where you are now.

I don't get all butt hurt about that...So this statement doesn't bother me.

There's no comparison between TSU football as we never had far to fall. The former HBCU Golden Baseball program (*****) has fallen further because of the level you all experienced to where you are now.
Fixed it for you.

Hey sujagtilidie, will Cador make the SWAC tournament this year? What are your thoughts?
If you don't mind..... I would like to provide a reply.

1st, let me say thanks to you, JayRob, for providing weekly threads regarding baseball schedules for us baseball fans. I enjoy coming in and reading the updates.

As far as SU making the tourney, if UAPB is not eligible, then SU is a lock. If everyone is eligible (to make the tourney ONLY), then next weekend's series SU vs. UAPB could determine who's in or out. Keep in mind, PV is 9-9, PB is 8-10, and SU is the caboose at 7-13. If SU loses this series, then they are out. But if they win it, then we will have to wait a week to see.

But, as all have said, SU and struggling baseball teams normally don't go together. Even with the scholly losses, the teams are not the same and could/should be better.

However, even as SU struggles this year, there's no clear cut team this year much better than the rest. Even a crappy rpi SU team can win this tourney.

But, I think it will come down to J-State, Bama State, and Grambling.

Last edited:

1st, let me say thanks to you, JayRob, for providing weekly threads regarding baseball schedules for us baseball fans. I enjoy coming in and reading the updates.

As far as SU making the tourney, if UAPB is not eligible, then SU is a lock. If everyone is eligible (to make the tourney ONLY), then next weekend's series SU vs. UAPB could determine who's in or out. Keep in mind, PV is 9-9, PB is 8-10, and SU is the caboose at 7-13. If SU loses this series, then they are out. But if they win it, then we will have to wait a week to see.

But, as all have said, SU and struggling baseball teams normally don't go together. Even with the scholly losses, the teams are not the same and could/should be better.

However, even as SU struggles this year, there's no clear cut team this year much better than the rest. Even a crappy rpi SU team can win this tourney.

Great point!

PB also has a weekend series against PV which could be crucial as well.
In regards to PB, Why would they be ineligible? That's the first I've heard of this possibility.

Last edited:
Back