SWAC Announces Baseball Tournament Seedings & Tournament Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
The 2021 SWAC Baseball Tournament is scheduled to run from May 19-23 at Toyota Field in Madison, Alabama. The opening-round matchups are as follows:

Wednesday, May 19
West #2 Grambling State vs. #3 East Alabama A&M- 9:00 a.m.
East #2 Alabama State vs. West #3 Southern- 12:00 p.m.
East #1 Jackson State vs. West #4 Texas Southern- 3:00 p.m.
West #1 Prairie View A&M vs. East #4 Alcorn State- 6:00 p.m.

We have data to back it up lol. Don’t lose the first game , in typical JSU fashion. Just joking, JSU had a great regular season. TSU has the best arm in the conference. Tough matchup.

We've been finishing 2nd and 3rd except 1 year since 2014. This is the first time we've had this kind of season

This first round game has me very concerned. Texas Southern has beaten Us eight or nine times in a row in the tournament. Coach Robinson seems to be able to get his teams to rise to the occasion during SWAC tournament time. It happens regardless of what their overall and conference records are coming in. He's one of best tournament roster managers I've witnessed. He gets everything he can out of his players. If we win this game, I think we will be crowned champions Sunday afternoon.

This first round game has me very concerned. Texas Southern has beaten Us eight or nine times in a row in the tournament. Coach Robinson seems to be able to get his teams to rise to the occasion during SWAC tournament time. It happens regardless of what their overall and conference records are coming in. He's one of best tournament roster managers I've witnessed. He gets everything he can out of his players. If we win this game, I think we will be crowned champions Sunday afternoon.

You have truly done your homework pal. 😂

Alabama A&M is set to face Grambling State in the opening round of the SWAC Tourney! Check out our preview with Coach Elliott Jones.

View: https://youtu.be/5hZotW_-UO0

@CEE DOG @2kool @Mr. SWAC @BulldogM.Ed.23 @DAHILL @Dog81 @dieharddawg @Normal1875 @PQUE
It is huge for our baseball program that Coach Elliott Jones was able to take this team to the tourney in his 1st season. All without any of his players on the team, and it's purely because of culture shift and management style. He's been putting together a great 1st signing class that I can't wait to see on the diamond next year.

The future is starting to look bright for the Diamond Dawgs! 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back