Summer school

PNeck019

Question for the board:

Do athletic scholarships now pay for summer school as well?

It seems like the majority of student-athletes now attend summer school. When I played, scholarships only paid for the fall and spring semesters.

That's a good question (although I don't know the actual answer.)

It would seem to me that some type of compensation would be in order, particularly when you consider all the "voluntary" workouts these guys must attend. Besides, the summer is the best time for many athletes to catch-up on coursework.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Good ques PNECK.

I thought that the actual scholarship was based on a student "budget" that allowed for some 'max' FISCAL YEAR stipend that actually could carry over to the summer months <b>OR</b> a grant-in-aid/'other' compensatory measure could be added to the student's summer fees to be applied towards summer school. :D ;)

Those 2 options I'm familiar w/.

as far as I know, a scholarship only covers fal and spring semester. during the summer, the kids are on their own. however, some schools have monies that they use from various foundations to help students who attend summer school and those who use up their eligibilty and come back to school to finish working on their degree.

Back