SU performed at a Falcons game in Atlanta once?

atl hornet

I was watching this video about the 1991 Atlanta Falcons, and near the end they threw together some clips to show how much a fun time that was in the city and for the team. At 42:29 Its a clip of the Jukebox in what looks to be the old Fulton County Stadium. I know yall came to Atlanta in 91 to play against SCSU at Georgia Tech, was this that same weekend?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTY_TAWVyNU

Ive looked on youtube and cant find it anywhere..does anyone have this performance?

Yeah SU played at a Saints Failcons game the day after we played South Carolina State at Georgia Tech. I remember the band played Do What You Wanna and had 20,000 plus Saints fans going bananas in Fulton County Stadium lol.

Yeah SU played at a Saints Failcons game the day after we played South Carolina State at Georgia Tech. I remember the band played Do What You Wanna and had 20,000 plus Saints fans going bananas in Fulton County Stadium lol.

the rivalry was big back then to where saints fans would travel up here & falcons fans would go to New Orleans? I didn’t know that!
Thanks for the info

The Falcons and Saints rivalry has been big for decades. I remember my pops and uncles going to New Orleans for the game in the late 70's.

Will be glad to see when the Jukebox returns to the ATL

speaking of SU in the ATL...I wonder what they will do about the SWAC/MEAC challenge for the football season after this one coming up. It was supposed to be SU & NCAT. Who knows if the MEAC will even be around then

atlhornet thats a good question because outside of FAMU and a couple of other teams in the MEAC, there isn't many other times I would enjoy seeing play in the MEAC/SWAC challenge.

I THINK ITS TIME TO GET NORFOLK STATE IN THE MEAC/SWAC CHALLENGE.

atlhornet thats a good question because outside of FAMU and a couple of other teams in the MEAC, there isn't many other times I would enjoy seeing play in the MEAC/SWAC challenge.

I THINK ITS TIME TO GET NORFOLK STATE IN THE MEAC/SWAC CHALLENGE.

i agree! I don’t know how NSU’s football team is, but the Jukebox vs the Legion has been my dream band match up for damn near 15 years!

Back