SU, GSU & other La people

PNeck019

Anybody interested in picking the HS playoffs? For fun, of course. Post if you're interested and I'll try to come up with a way to do it.....

Originally posted by PNeck019
Anybody interested in picking the HS playoffs? For fun, of course. Post if you're interested and I'll try to come up with a way to do it.....

Good idea PNeck. Hope you stick around (even after Ackley graduates)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Re: SU, GSU & other La people

Originally posted by MikeBigg

boy I wished this was on the smack board. But count me in.

Originally posted by GMAN
3A #6 Bunkie Panthers 10-0

GMAN, pleeeeeease tell me you're not a Bunkie Panther.

LOL

My wife and I were talking this morning about a bet on Friday's game. I have no confidence in my alma mater though. I only went there one year, but I disliked Bunkie at my other school as well-----Marksville Tigers baby....lol

Re: Re: SU, GSU & other La people

Originally posted by MikeBigg

Damm, the boy's a freshman and you're trying to graduate him already? lol

On a related note, I'll reveal one of my picks here....

Biggest arse-whipping of the playoffs will be Ackley's alma mater, 3-7 LaGrange going to John Curtis.....

I noticed in 4A, we have a couple of teams that have 3-7 records. How can you make the playoffs with that type of record?

By the way, I will be pulling for the Plaquemine Green Devils.

Originally posted by bam Bam
I noticed in 4A, we have a couple of teams that have 3-7 records. How can you make the playoffs with that type of record?

By the way, I will be pulling for the Plaquemine Green Devils.

Power Ratings

LaGrange got lots of points for playing three 5A teams (Barbe, Airline, Natch Central). Their only wins were over three poor teams: LC-Boston (sorry Lenny), Leesville, and DeRidder.

Eunice is in the same district, beat LaGrange, had a better overall record, and a better district record, and didn't make it. But at least they don't have to go to New Orleans and take an arse-whipping....

Well well,

If you played ball, you and I tangled on the gridiron. We took the Catskin from y'all your senior year for the first time in forever. I was a sophomore that year.

I graduated from Menard in 89, but went to Marksville K-11. My wife graduated from Bunkie in 89, but went to Cottonport K-11.

OK,

I'll start a thread called

La HS playoffs

I'll list the games (all 80 of them). Just do like some people do for the other picks and quote me and erase all but who you think will win. It'll make it easier to keep track of if everybody picks in the same order.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by PNeck019
Power Ratings

LaGrange got lots of points for playing three 5A teams (Barbe, Airline, Natch Central). Their only wins were over three poor teams: LC-Boston (sorry Lenny), Leesville, and DeRidder.

Eunice is in the same district, beat LaGrange, had a better overall record, and a better district record, and didn't make it. But at least they don't have to go to New Orleans and take an arse-whipping....
This is the 1st season in about 10 years that Eunice isnt in the Playoffs. Rich Tradition in High School Football.........
Born and Raised in Eunice to only expereince Non-playoff teams 2x in my lifetime.........Good Luck to LaGrange..You're going to need it:saw:

LHSAA

CLASS A WILL BE BLOCK HIGH BEARS THEY HAVE SCORED 461 POINTS TO THEIR OPPONENTS 106. THEY HAVE A RUNNING BACK WHO IS A SOLID 4'2 40yd HE HAS SCORED 29 TD'S THIS YEAR HE ALSO HAS OVER 1200 YDS ON LESS THEN 80 CARRIES.

Originally posted by jag4life
Thibodaux Tiger...C/O 1991.

The first ever Class 5A State Champs.

Cheaters!!

But still one of the best games I played, and played in!

Back