SU gets a potentially great one!

SU Jag 79

Jaguar ALUM
Guys, you have to read this ...... makes me even more proud to be a Jaguar!

WTG Mr. Stewart Jr. and Southern!!!!

Stewart believed to be youngest fulltime college student to enroll in Southern
By JORDAN BLUM
Advocate Capitol News Bureau

Fourteen-year-old Polite Stewart Jr. on the surface seems like a typical freshman starting at a new school.

But typical he isn?t.

Stewart is beginning his first semester today at Southern University, weeks before most people his age have even entered high school.

Polite (pronounced poh-leet) is believed to be Southern?s youngest full-time student ever, according to the college.

The home-schooled Scotlandville product isn?t your stereotypical, socially awkward prodigy either.

Stewart stands about 5 feet 9 inches tall and he?s already growing a little facial hair, maybe to fit in better at college. He speaks more eloquently than most people 10 years his senior.

But it was just a couple years ago when he realized he was so much more advanced academically than others his age.

?It doesn?t bother me because, to me, I?m still just a regular kid,? Stewart said. ?I just did the work required to excel.

Read the rest at http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/19520584.html?index=1&c=y

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Good Deal....

Glad Ole Skool Took that time with his son....
Im sure it will pay off..:)

Although Stewart Jr.?s focus is on schoolwork, he also is very active at Greater Mount Carmel Baptist Church, where he works with the youth ministry, sings in the choir and is learning piano.

He goes to my pops church. I know him. :tup:

Wow! Mr. Stewart taught me when I was attending Scotlandville Middle! Stewart retires to teach his son speak volumes about his character!!

Back