SU board plans to fire Nathan Haymer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked down on TSU as an institution and looked down on the Ocean period, all eras just like all jukebox alumni and affiliates. You cannot go somewhere you had zero respect and love for and improve it. Now all of a sudden he will improve it and jags wishing luck to the program? Nah...he will just try and make it the jukebox.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
He looked down on TSU as an institution and looked down on the Ocean period, all eras just like all jukebox alumni and affiliates. You cannot go somewhere you had zero respect and love for and improve it. Now all of a sudden he will improve it and jags wishing luck to the program? Nah...he will just try and make it the jukebox.

iD0Exez.gif

I forgot there was a TBS chapter at SU. And how did they have a TBS chapter at SU in the 80s when I heard it wasn't until the 90s women were allowed to join the band. And I stand corrected about PV, he looked old from a distance so I thought he was old

Actually, the first female to rejoin the Jukebox in many years was in the Fall of 1988 when Dr. Spikes became SU System President. It was also the same year Prairie View's current band director was a freshman in SU's band. There actually was a female that played the trombone in 1982 that met the physical requirements to march in the band, but supposedly for medical reasons she didn't get the chance to march. I believe she pledged TBS.

Sounds like a chameleon to me. :(

Last edited:

lol
Man I look down on all other SWAC schools, but if one is writing checks for me, ill become their biggest spokesperson

Just steamroll over the points I said. None of you talking knew Mr. Thornton or even know Prof Butler so I don't expect you all to understand. Is what it is. This was not a good hire. Jukebox don't respect anyone so why hire them? That's a slap on the face to your students.

Just steamroll over the points I said. None of you talking knew Mr. Thornton or even know Prof Butler so I don't expect you all to understand. Is what it is. This was not a good hire. Jukebox don't respect anyone so why hire them? That's a slap on the face to your students.

The man is a music professor & band director. You want him to sit on his ass all day?

If AAMU or Skegee offered me more money that State, then hell yea I’d take the job.

Get out your feelings. He’s a grown man & can do whatever he feels like.

So...youre reppin Bama State. 🤔😐🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣That troll won't work here. I can feel how I want to feel. I put my hours in and still put my money into MY alma Mater. Also, at it's worst MY alma Mater in the midst of this mistake is better than the product YOURS fields year in and year out. Sit down somewhere.

So...youre reppin Bama State. 🤔😐🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣That troll won't work here. I can feel how I want to feel. I put my hours in and still put my money into MY alma Mater. Also, at it's worst MY alma Mater in the midst of this mistake is better than the product YOURS fields year in and year out. Sit down somewhere.

Whatever dude
You sound like a fool saying he shouldn’t accept the job because he went to SU. Do you know how many directors there are that work for different colleges they went to?

I knew you were dumb. I never said he shouldn't take the job. I said they should have hired an alum. 😐 check your reading skills...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I knew you were dumb. I never said he shouldn't take the job. I said they should have hired an alum. 😐 check your reading skills...

Their head director is from Alcorn, & TxSU is beasting.

Wtf is wrong with hiring someone from a different school?!

southern's future is in limbo if this guy Taylor has another year like this past year while Simmons continues to get the head nod from the alum as the "real" band director … now I'm sure Taylor don't care but I can see those two butting heads soon and one maybe leaving … I'll give it 2-3 years Simmons just got his masters and he's always had the mentality of a band director … Taylor just got it because he got his masters before Simmons not because he was head band director quality... just what southern alum have told me and gossip... don't attack the messenger...

Last edited:
southern's future is in limbo if this guy Taylor has another year like this past year while Simmons continues to get the head nod from the alum as the "real" band director … now I'm sure Taylor don't care but I can see those two butting heads soon and one maybe leaving … I'll give it 2-3 years Simmons just got his masters and he's always had the mentality of a band director … Taylor just got it because he got his masters before Simmons not because he was head band director quality... just what southern alum have told me and gossip... don't attack the messenger...

I actually agree with most of what you stated. Taylor should get another year or two. Brian has more of the “IT Factor” for SU Band Director job. Mr. Taylor will make a good band director somewhere else long term. Maybe a Bama school lol jk

Question in regards to Haymer’s respect, how do you know this to be true? Are you b friends or know each other personally? As far as SU, Jukes respect multiple programs. And being honest, many people outside of SU don’t have positive things to say about TSU band program in its current state. Should be jumping for joy for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back