Student Global AIDS Campaign (SGAC)

JSU*Toi

Hello SWACPager! My name is LaToia Jones (JSU*Toi) and I am a member of the Student Global AIDS Campaign (SGAC). Founded in February of 2001, The SGAC is a multi-racial, national student movement that is devoted to advocacy around the global AIDS pandemic. We currently have members at over 250 schools in 43 states. The SGAC is a project of Global Justice, a nonprofit organization that promotes human rights, development, and a more equitable, just world through education, leadership development, civic engagement, and service for social change.

This year, the SGAC is sponsoring a National Weekend of Action from April 26-April 28 across the U.S. to encourage the U.S. government to fund global AIDS programs at a minimum level of $2.5 billion, and to raise awareness of the global AIDS pandemic. The weekend will feature three large conferences/rallies in Atlanta, Boston, and Chicago and smaller solidarity actions at campuses nationwide to show the president and Congress that students, activists, and citizens care about the AIDS pandemic. I am writing on behalf of the Student Global AIDS Campaign to invite all SwacPagers to the Southeast Conference and Rally, April 26-28, 2002.

If you want more information about SGAC Conference or about starting a chapter please drop me an email

Back