Stopping ASU's Hoffman a tall order.....

SWAC defensive backs can thank Ronald Bartell for Hoffman's increased confidence.

Bartell, who is expected to be a first-round NFL draft pick out of Howard University next year, drew the assignment of guarding Hoffman one-on-one in ASU's season opener against the Bison.

It didn't go so well for Bartell. Hoffman leaped over him to pull what was basically a jump ball out of the air for a touchdown.
That TD over Bartell was very Randy Moss-like.
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The writer makes it seem as if this young man has to talk trash to have confidence. He can dominate just by simply catching the ball when it's thrown to him. I'd rather see a quiet silent assasin than a loudmoth halfway guy any day.

Be yourself dude and keep catching the ball!

I think you misunderstood:

"He's a quiet kid who just doesn't boast about his personal accomplishments or talk trash during games."

:rolleyes:

No I didn't misunderstand. If you take the statement before your quote and Hoffman's statement after, perhaps you will understand.

Ohh nevermind...I'll talk to ya'll next week. Should've known.... :smh:

Bengal E said:
The writer makes it seem as if this young man has to talk trash to have confidence. He can dominate just by simply catching the ball when it's thrown to him. I'd rather see a quiet silent assasin than a loudmoth halfway guy any day.

Be yourself dude and keep catching the ball!
When on the football field I'd rather see touchdowns. It really doesen't matter if they are the Barry or Dieon type of touchdown, the end result is the same, 6 points. Cris Carter talked more trash than anyone else in the NFL and he's a minister.

enswaclopedia said:
When on the football field I'd rather see touchdowns. It really doesen't matter if they are the Barry or Dieon type of touchdown, the end result is the same, 6 points.

That's all I was saying. The writer made it seem IMO that this young man needed some type of swagger to dominate. And because he is a quiet unassuming type of person that he has no confidence.

All I was saying was just catch the ball dude. If you catch it when they throw it your way, you'll get confidence and dominate.

Consistency is the key, not showboating.

I saw the Alcorn and Asu game on Asu's web site. The kid is very impressive. We also had a 6-5 receiver with 4.4 speed but didn't have the grades after we redshirted him . Hopefully he will be back next year.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
I saw the Alcorn and Asu game on Asu's web site. The kid is very impressive. We also had a 6-5 receiver with 4.4 speed but didn't have the grades after we redshirted him . Hopefully he will be back next year.
Is the game televised on the ASU website?

Bengal E said:
If you take the statement before your quote and Hoffman's statement after....

ok, here they are....

One of the toughest things for Hoffman to develop is a confident swagger.

He's a quiet kid who just doesn't boast about his personal accomplishments or talk trash during games.

IMO these statements by the writer don't say that he needs a "swagger" to dominate. They say w/more game experience and skills improvement, he will gain more confidence aka "swagger." But hey...it's semantics, bottom line is ya'll have 2 maybe 3 more years to deal w/him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SlickPartna said:
Not televised, but added under the Media Center in the Athletics section of the site -- its a part of the Coach Coe Show ;)

...headed that way now!

http://www.alasu.edu/ASUSportsMediaCenter/AthleticsMedia.aspxcenter
from there you would select Alcorn Game or any game listed... good work those media guys on the yard!!! ;) :D
I watched the show on the internet last night. It was well done and I was able to see all of the key plays for most of the drives for both teams. We need to do something like that at SU. I was really impressed with that tall receiver. Good job ASU overall... Nice production.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back