Steve McNair Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girlfriend had hoped to wed McNair

Marriage anticipated
There were trips, dinners, a promise of living together and ultimately marriage, according to Abdi, 27.

"I don't know if he had filed for divorce but I thought it wouldn't happen," Abdi said, adding that Kazemi was a child when adopted into the family after her mother died in Iran. Abdi's mother is Kazemi's sister.

McNair took Kazemi, known as Jenny to friends, on trips to Key West in Florida, Las Vegas, California, Hawaii and McNair's farm in Mississippi , with the couple seeing each other often, Abdi said. Pictures of the smiling couple parasailing were posted Sunday afternoon on the celebrity gossip site TMZ.com.

Kazemi told Abdi they would take a break when McNair would go away on his own with his children. McNair and the children recently returned from Mexico, Abdi said.

"I was under the impression that his family knew about her," Abdi said. "That he took the children alone with him on vacation is a sign that they were separated."

Kazemi told her sister, Sepideh Salmani, that McNair was in the process of divorcing.

Kazemi, though younger than Abdi and Salmani, was actually their aunt but they were raised as siblings.

Salmani talked to her sister every day and said she was very happy in her relationship with McNair.

McNair and Kazemi met earlier this year in January or February at Dave & Buster's. She was attractive and approachable, family and friends say. McNair was a regular, often coming in with family, friends or alone.

"He was one of the nice guys who would talk to you, not like the other athletes," said Brandon Millichamp, who worked with Kazemi at the restaurant. "And she was a super sweet girl. I was surprised to hear about their dating and this was so out of the blue."

When Kazemi was moving to a Hermitage apartment, McNair was also there, prompting neighbors to wonder who was moving in. But Kazemi had a roommate who quickly moved out as she had moved in, neighbors said.

Kazemi also didn't like living alone, Abdi said. One of the conversations turned to talk about Abdi going to a shooting range in Florida. He told Kazemi that since she didn't like being alone — or if she felt unsafe — getting a gun carry permit would be an option.

"She told me she didn't have to because Steve had lots of guns," Abdi said.
Kazemi first came to Nashville nearly four years ago with her then-boyfriend, Keith Norfleet. They broke up about six months ago, and she started seeing McNair soon after. The family says the ex-boyfriend was not happy about her seeing the former quarterback and wanted to rekindle their relationship.

But Kazemi had moved on and remained friends with Norfleet.

Neighbors said they overheard arguments come from her Hermitage apartment periodically, and occasionally saw Kazemi dropped off by a limo service. Abdi said they were minor arguments without giving details of the spats.

Girlfriend had hoped to wed McNair
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like McNair was a little "whipped" by the youngin. I still say he should have divorced his wife before he went parading around with her.

wow.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am really hurt.... I was over my best friend's house when I got this news and I couldn't do anything but breakdown. I was a student at Alcorn(92-94), 3 of the 4 years Steve was on the football team. Those years were the most exciting times of my college years, watching him "clown" on the football field. I was enrolled in one class with him (he only showed up 3 or 4 times that year..lol.). I had Steve to sign my Sports Illustrated magazine, t-shirts, footballs, etc. for family members and friends and he never once complained about doing it. He would just laugh at me for all the stuff I brought to him to sign and hold a conversation while he signed it. I was in the Sounds of Dynomite with Mechelle his wife, she was a Golden Girl. My heart goes to his family, Mechelle and the children.

Steve was not only a phenomenal athlete, he was a great person and he will be greatly missed.

R.I.P. Alcornite

Last edited:
Its sad on all kinds of levels.

Too many deaths this summer. It all has me a bit overwhelmed.

The media here in Nashville is having a field day reporting this story!:shame:I personally think this is one of the worst celebrity summers....but Steve AIR McNair jus takes the cake this is too sad!

Last edited:
It is a tough deal that McNair went out the way he did, but I am numb to it at this point. I live in a city where it is routine for school kids to be shot and killed, gang violence is part of every day life and there seems to be no end in sight. It was the same with Michael Jackson when he died two weeks ago. Just was not sad about it at all even though I was tremendous fan of his as a kid.

I mean, we live in a world where we get daily updates about how many soldiers are killed overseas on the field of battle. There are stories about some bus or church or school in the Middle East or other foreign nation the target of terrorist attacks or mass killings and kidnappings.

You have corruption in local, state and federal government. We have come to the point over the years where not only death but disappointment is expected and is common place.

Every day when I arrive at work one of the first things I do is call the coroner and ask if someone has died. And I do the same right before I leave for the evening.

Short of one of my immediate family members or friends dying, I just don't feel sad or disturbed when a someone dies I don't know personally now. (The last time I did was 9/11)

Not to say that one should not, but it is seems that bad things are expected these days.

It is a tough deal that McNair went out the way he did, but I am numb to it at this point. I live in a city where it is routine for school kids to be shot and killed, gang violence is part of every day life and there seems to be no end in sight. It was the same with Michael Jackson when he died two weeks ago. Just was not sad about it at all even though I was tremendous fan of his as a kid.

I mean, we live in a world where we get daily updates about how many soldiers are killed overseas on the field of battle. There are stories about some bus or church or school in the Middle East or other foreign nation the target of terrorist attacks or mass killings and kidnappings.

You have corruption in local, state and federal government. We have come to the point over the years where not only death but disappointment is expected and is common place.

Every day when I arrive at work one of the first things I do is call the coroner and ask if someone has died. And I do the same right before I leave for the evening.

Short of one of my immediate family members or friends dying, I just don't feel sad or disturbed when a someone dies I don't know personally now. (The last time I did was 9/11)

Not to say that one should not, but it is seems that bad things are expected these days.

ok.

Why does attention seeker comes to mind?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Kendrick, I feel you on this. I used to really get distraught about death but now it has come to a point where I just shake my head and move on. I have come to the conclusion that people generally don't care about well being of other people, they just like to holla for attention every now and then. How much outrage have we heard over the chicago school children, now compare that with the hysteria we heard about swine flu....

Kendrick, I feel you on this. I used to really get distraught about death but now it has come to a point where I just shake my head and move on. I have come to the conclusion that people generally don't care about well being of other people, they just like to holla for attention every now and then. How much outrage have we heard over the chicago school children, now compare that with the hysteria we heard about swine flu....

I live right on the South Side where kids can't play outside because there is a REAL chance gunshots will ring out in their hood. I am not surprised when something happens anymore. It is scary and disappointing? Yes, but not shocking.

I used to believe when I was kid that there was no way pro athletes or entertainers will be subject to horrible crimes and situations like regular people do because the Lord had them on this planet for a divine purpose. As I got older I found out how wrong I was. It does not matter.

There was a report out last week that a bunch of people killed themselves because Michael Jackson died. Wow! Does it suck that the pop singer died? Yes, but not so serious that I would take my own life or take off work.

Keep it in perspective. That is what I try to remind myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back