Stealing from TM'90 - Discipline

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
His thread got me to thinking about this.

How do you discipline your child(ren)? Do you beat their asses or do you let em show out, courtesy of Devin:D, in public, home or anywhere for that matter? Do you put them in time-out or do you just punish them? I know most of us as black people got our butts beat down growing up as kids, but do you use the same disciplinary tactics with your own kids?

Personally, my son is very well mannered and behaved and that's because I spank his ass. He acts out more around his grandparents cuz they tend to allow him to get away with more. He already knows upfront not to clown me in a store, cuz I'll brang the heat with the quickness.

I do what's needed, when and where it's needed. Different tactics work with different children, because their personalities are different. Take mine, for example.

In public, all it really takes is a look, because they know that if I have to go past a look, it is probably gonna involve some pain for them.

They know that I pop ass at the scene of the crime!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I've seen both sides of the spectrum:

I was at a doctor's office in Houston. This white lady came screaming in the office asking for someone to call the cops. It turns out this black lady was whooping her kids(she had 5). She came inside and told them to sit down and be still. The lady was asking the nurse "Aren't you going to call the police" The lady said "No mam" The white lady went in the back asking to speak to a doctor. I see nothing wrong with spanking your kids in public as long as you don't give them the right jabs and body blows like that ofay a couple of weeks ago.

I was in a barbershop in Dallas (Alfredas) and this is the first time I saw a black child catch a temper tantrum. I mean this little black boy was on the ground kicking and screaming...yelling...hollering at the top of his lungs and his uppity ass father wasn't doing anything. Talking about "You're not going on vacation with us..you're going to stay here with Gram" Every person in that barbershop wanted to upper cut the little boy and body slam the father. That timeout ish was not working.

Point blank: HANDLE YOUR KIDS AT HOME AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM EMBARRASING YOU IN PUBLIC. IF THEY ACT A FOOL AT HOME, DON'T EXPECT THEM TO ACT ANY DIFFERENTLY IN PUBLIC!!!!

GG thanks for the help!!!

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Point blank: HANDLE YOUR KIDS AT HOME AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM EMBARRASING YOU IN PUBLIC. IF THEY ACT A FOOL AT HOME, DON'T EXPECT THEM TO ACT ANY DIFFERENTLY IN PUBLIC!!!!

<marquee><font size=6>Amen on Dat Isht!!!!!</font></marquee>

:nod::nod2:

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE

GG thanks for the help!!!

I agree totally NN. You don't even have to have children for this to make sense. I do know that when I do have some chaps......THEY WILL KNOW WHAT'S UP!

Did anyone get the back-hand slap from their mommas? Mane I tell ya, that was the worst thing ever. My mama is famous for this one. I still don't stand too close to that woman when we're having a disagreement.

I don't have kids

but I have a 16 year old brother who knows he will get popped in the mouth if he says something out of line. He's too big to spank, so I just go for the mouth.

You know how children are when they come back from their grandparents who let them get away with anything. They always need a reminder of who they have returned to. I have a 2 year old cousin that I pretty much take care of and she has fear in her heart. One day we were in a store and she saw a toy she wanted and tried to do the fall out thing that her grandma let's her get away with. She fell out on the floor kicking and screaming. I did not say a word. All I did was throw her around my hip(she's tiny, tiny) and started walking towards the door. She knew what was coming. She started hollering "don't whup me JSTUS(my real name)". When we reached the door she was dead silent and had wiped all those fake tears. She knows I don't play. She will get whupped, not spanked anywhere.

OK All, I got one little one. He is 20 months and he really haven't given us an problem as far as discipline goes, but I know when he gets a little older. I am going to put the beatith down.

At what age do you pull out the strap?? I am waiting for the 2 yr. birthday then it is own of Docmump, Jr. At what age did you guys start the spankings.

:devil2::devil2::devil2::devil2::devil2::devil2::devil2:

That's a good question docmump.

I don't know what age I'll stop whuppin' up on Devin. I don't really have to hit him much now, I just usually threaten him or give him the look and he usually straightens up. I guess it would be after elementary school age, I don't know. **shrugs shoulders** Plus, my son is pretty big for his age and will probably be pretty tall/big like his daddy, so I'll have to start boxing with him after age 12 or so.

I stopped getting whippings around the ages of 10 to 12. My mama just started giving me the back-hand slap right in the mouth. I had and still have a smart mouth. I would mumble stuff under my breath and that heffa would still hear me...:lol: She started to punish me after that pre-teen stage.

I got my last arse whipping at eleven. I think that was about the point my mother realized that I knew the difference between right and wrong but would do wrong any way, confess, and take my punishment with shedding a tear and with no regrets.

My daughter is difficult to punish because there is nothing in her life that means enough for her to miss it. I have taken the phone, t.v., game boy, playstation, and everything esle extra.

I realized it was time to beat some arse on a regular basis when I started threatening to take away toilet paper, soap, and red meat.

You're never too old...

I don't have any children but whenever my neices and nephew finished getting a whipping, my sisters call me. When they hear me tell them that they'll get another one when I see them, they start crying.

My mom is famous for throwing things at ya. I don't recall getting popped in the mouth too much but I do recall getting snactched..

My mom will still knock us out. She hit my sister when she was 28. My sister called me crying. I asked her what provoked it and she said she was yelling when she and my mom were arguing. The next thing she knew, she had been hit. :lmao: :lmao:

She tried to beat my arse when I was 17. I told her I'd leave before she hit me...so I did. I stayed at my aunt's for a few days. When I came home she told me I was going to Mississippi Valley and that I could forget about going to Southern. We all know how that turned out. :cool: ;)

Dtown, you know Devin runs thangs!!! :D :D

That'un of mine is 19 months going on 30. He has begun to test us to see what we'll let him get away with. I have to tap them legs every so often to let him know he ain't finna get away with nothing.

I will go with whatever works. But timeout ain't high on my list. I got my ass whupped, and he'll get his ass whupped. As he gets older, I'm sure taking away a privilege or two will get his attention. Who knows when's the time to stop. My dad last hit me with a belt when I was in the 9th grade. The next time he had to "discipline" me, it was a quick hand to the throat. I was 11th grade then.

We are going through the terrible 2s right now. My daughter just does not listen but what is there to expect from a 2 yr. old. I tend to give her that look and she straightens up pretty fast.

Another Thing

I started 1st grade in 1976. When I was coming up, our parents gave the teachers permission to whoop our ass if we were cutting up. Now you shouldn't cut up too much if you get it at home. But you know how kids are...they love to talk when they're not supposed too. This was cool.

But nowadays, the parents(2 parent homes) are nearly extinct. Big brother or big sister or a grandmother that is too damn old to do much are left to raise a kid. The kids are growing up in the streets. And the teachers are supposed to discipline. Well guess what. TEACHERS ARE NOT BABY SITTERS. If I was a teacher, I would have a ZERO TOLERANCE for that B.S. But these fair weather parents always want to blame someone else when something happens to their little monster.

Ray Ray is supposed to be on punishment. After his momma gets off of her Telemarketing/Collections job, she runs to the mall, gets her nails done, then meets her girlfriends at Broadway Jazz Cafe for happy hour. She calls Ray Ray from her cell phone(after nearly running me off the road) to tell him to do his homework and clean up the house. Yea right. Ray Ray sneaks out the house with the rest of his thug friends and decides to steal from a supermarket. An overzealous security guard spots Ray Ray and tells him to stop stealing. Ray Ray curses the security guard out. The security guard runs them out of the store. Ray Ray sees me driving to my complex and decides he wants to break into my car. My alarm goes off...I walk outside and blow Ray Ray's ass away. Now the mother is trying to sue me, the security guard, the store, and the school.

The point I'm trying to make is that maybe these parents need to be held accountable for their waywards children. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. I'm sick of these snotting trifflin heifers crying about their "Baby Mansons" as if they're perfect little angels!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Dtown Jag
Did anyone get the back-hand slap from their mommas? Mane I tell ya, that was the worst thing ever. My mama is famous for this one. I still don't stand too close to that woman when we're having a disagreement.

As posted on the other thread, Yes I can attest to the back hand slap at age 17! Glad I can laugh about it now!

Dtown and Kellis: How about when I was around 12 or 13 in the mall with my Mom. We were trying on shoes in Gryder's shoe store. We decided I would not get the ones I had tried on. So she says... "take those off and I'll be right back...I'm running in D.H. Holmes for a minute."

I did what she said, then about 30-40 minutes later she had not come back so we (little sister and me) started looking for her. We walked thru the entire mall. We started out in D. H. Holmes and could not find her at all. We walked and walked then decided to sit in the very middle of the mall and wait on her. Well... just as we were sitting, she called my name in a tone like never before...
I said, "Mama we looked every-<b><font color=red>WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </font></b>Before I knew anything else I had been slapped across the face in the middle of the mall and snatched before any tear could even form in my eyes.... The sting of that slap resonated with me for a long time! A long time... all because she could not find us.....

I whipped at anywhere

I have a 4year old daughter and a 6 year old son. They are both very tall for their ages.

My son is more sensitive that his sister; however he will try to test me. I let him know that I will box him if I have to. I don't care where we are, if they cut up I first talk, then I start grabing. Don't care who is looking, my voice enough gets everyone to look, but they know when I am serious.

On the other hand my daughter punks her daddy which is why she cuts up everytime he drops her to school. I told him he needs to spank that A$$. All he does is threaten which by now she knows he is all talk.

I believe you have to train them at home, but kids will test you wherever you are and wherever we are, I show them who the boss is

Beat dat azzz

Man bump all that punk shat! I have a 4yr old & he is a trip & a half! He loves to test me but he always flunks! I don't care where I am at home,church,mall,car riding down on the freeway....where ever he get out of line I beat his azz & put him back on track. I will punish him when he gets out of hand at school(IT REALLY WORKS!!!!!!) He loves to watch Nick & Cartoon Network so when he cuts up at school no toons,candy,junkfood, or fun for a week or until his behavior improves at school. But he is a very stubborn,spoiled child....so that has a lot to do with it. But please belive I have no problems beating his butt when I have to. Now there is one thing I hate, my son & I can be somewhere with my boyfreind & D is acting up...all my boyfreind has to do is look at him & he gets his shat together! That happens with his dad also. Why is that? All a neegro has to do is look at a kid & they get right but I got holla & beat azz to get results.:rolleyes: That shat runs me hot!:redhot:

Believe It or Not

I have a 10 mon old daughter (who happens to be waaay out of her age group in everything:weight, height, mobility--she's walking, etc.) who's testing her limits right now...She knocks things off the table and when you tell her no or to stop, sometimes she will holler in that baby gibberish or if you're close enuff to her face she'll hit you...She started trying to break the big screen so we started BARELY tapping her hands..you know when you're like, "No you dont do that" She might pout then when you pick her up she'll hit you back..My moma said she trying to start too d@mn early....but she too young for a real whippin...It's like nothing in the house is at knee level anymore or Destructive Anne will tear it up--You cant even read the newspaper for her....Okay just a baby, she's steppin out of her league!

When they're younger you gotta beat that arse because they're too young for reason. As they get older you have to mix up beating with warning, taking away somethinbg they really wanted, and just making them feel bad about what they did.

short_1,

I bet your son figures that if you beat ass like you do, then your boyfriend would probably kill him. I'd rather my moms to whup me than dad.

My wife says she got one whupping her entire life. ONE!!! Said she never did wrong. I tell her that's bull. I ain't never met a kid that didn't deserve an ass beating or 20. So, I know she ain't gone be the type to really whup Kameron when he clowns.

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

I stopped getting whippings around the ages of 10 to 12. My mama just started giving me the back-hand slap right in the mouth. I had and still have a smart mouth. I would mumble stuff under my breath and that heffa would still hear me...:lol: She started to punish me after that pre-teen stage.

my momma might as well have named me Tammi Talkalot, cause i stayed runnin my smart azz mouth, i remember actually cryin when i got my phone taken away, and the pops in the mouth kept a coming.

Back