Sprint Customers

Some of yall speaking on your area as far as network service.. Down this way Sprint is all good.. Best plan and I don't get dropped calls... I'm good!

Cosign. I just got the Sprint Instinct and that phone is just as good or better than the Iphone.

Cosign. I just got the Sprint Instinct and that phone is just as good or better than the Iphone.

How can you compare the phones? What makes it better than the iphone.. (or who made the iphone, the phone to compare all phones to?) When it comes to the iphone... its basically the same argument as pc vs mac. If you have a mac, you the iphone is for you. I have a mac and a Blackberry Storm. I cant do nothing with my Blackberry on my mac. I have to use my PC. IF we had an iphone, I would definitely have it because I HATE using a pc every since I got my IMAC.

Been with Sprint for about 8 years now and before I got with the Palm phones, I use to drop calls and it was annoying, but there plans are outstanding. I have the Palm 800w and it is SWEET no issues with dropped calls. People talk about all the other carriers, but since Sprint added the 99.00 everything plan, I keep my phone on roaming, so the phone signal is great no issues. I would suggest every put there phone on roaming as long as its free.

How can you compare the phones? What makes it better than the iphone.. (or who made the iphone, the phone to compare all phones to?) When it comes to the iphone... its basically the same argument as pc vs mac. If you have a mac, you the iphone is for you. I have a mac and a Blackberry Storm. I cant do nothing with my Blackberry on my mac. I have to use my PC. IF we had an iphone, I would definitely have it because I HATE using a pc every since I got my IMAC.

Me being a paying consumer that has tested both of them led to my opinion. Plus Sprint has a dayum good government discount!

Me being a paying consumer that has tested both of them led to my opinion. Plus Sprint has a dayum good government discount!

I agree. We have a family plan with 4 phones and our bill is $200 per month. That includes 3000 anytime minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data, unlimited sprint to sprint and night/weekends start at 7p to 7am. We have yet to go over the minutes and with a teenager, a computer junkie, and a semi-geek teacher wife, we really use the heck out of the text and data services.

I'm not going to leave because I don't see where I can get a better plan for $200/month for 4 phones.

My Sprint works fine! I've been with them since 2001 and NEVER had a problem!!! I too have tha family plan with 3 phones and the majority of people I know around here has sprint along with my family! I goess I'm a rare case because I've never had a problem with customer service! As a matter of fact I just might get the new phone when my plan ends in June! I'm hooked on my Treo750!!!

I tried switching to sprint in 2001...I got so many dropped calls in and around the Houston Area I ran back to Verizon. On top of that Im able to get and place calls when most folks cant...especially with sprint...on my last vacay I could place calls on my treo...but my friend couldnt on his iPhone...

The down side is Verizon is VERY expensive! I pay $150/month for unlimited everything.

I agree. We have a family plan with 4 phones and our bill is $200 per month. That includes 3000 anytime minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data, unlimited sprint to sprint and night/weekends start at 7p to 7am. We have yet to go over the minutes and with a teenager, a computer junkie, and a semi-geek teacher wife, we really use the heck out of the text and data services.

I'm not going to leave because I don't see where I can get a better plan for $200/month for 4 phones.

:tup:

Me being a paying consumer that has tested both of them led to my opinion. Plus Sprint has a dayum good government discount![/quote]

+1..... $99.00 a month Unlimited everything!!!!!!!!!!

Yup! And I regularly travel I10 btween San Antonio and Tallahassee and I20 between Dallas and Atlanta, and haven't had any major problems with Sprint. Matter of fact Sprint and Nextel were the only phones working in South Louisiana right after Katrina. Now AT&T does have America& Canada covered like a blanket, but none of the rest are any better than sprint. Hell T-mobile is like Cricket, you better be careful crossing state lines with that janky crap!

Im just trying to educate you.. I work with cell phones 40 h ours a week. Every carrier has "good" government discount.....Verizon's is 25%... you wont see too much better than that.

Matter of fact Sprint and Nextel were the only phones working in South Louisiana right after Katrina.

that is TOTALLY false.... Verizon Wireless won wireless awards for its network during Katrina
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $800 million in its Florida
network during the past five years, earning honors for call quality from
numerous organizations, such as J.D. Power. The company invests more than
$4 billion nationwide each year -- about $1 billion every 90 days -- in its
advanced voice and data networks.

Preparations for Hurricane Katrina included:

- Fine-tuning the company's digital network across the state to add call
capacity in threatened areas before the storm hit. During the 2004
storm season, call traffic spiked dramatically on the day before
landfall, and continued to be heavy on the Verizon Wireless network as
other land and wireless networks failed.
- Strategically positioning fleets of mobile generators and mobile cell
sites to be deployed immediately in any hard-hit areas. The company has
dozens of Cells on Wheels (COWS), which are self-powered transmitters
that can be rolled into hard-hit locations or areas that need extra
network capacity.
- Pre-arranging fuel delivery to the mobile units and generators at
permanent cell sites to keep the network operating at full strength
even if power is lost for an extended period of time. Nearly 80 percent
of the individual transmission sites operated by Verizon Wireless have
their own on-site generators. This capability is critical when power
goes out and if roads are impassable.
- Teams of "test men" from across the state were ready to roll in
specially-equipped vehicles to test the network in the wake of Katrina.

Residents are urged to help themselves with emergency wireless
communication preparations, including:

- Keep wireless phone batteries charged in case local power is lost.
- Have additional charged batteries and car-charger adapters available
for back-up power.
- Keep phones, batteries, chargers and other equipment in a dry,
accessible location.
- Maintain a list of emergency phone numbers -- police, fire and rescue
agencies; power companies; insurance providers; family, friends and
co-workers; etc. -- and program them into your phone.
- Distribute wireless phone numbers to family members and friends.
- Forward your home phone calls to your wireless number if you will be
away from your home or have to evacuate.

However, once a storm hits, residents should:

- Limit non-emergency calls to conserve battery power and free-up
wireless networks for emergency agencies and operations.
- Send brief TXT Messages rather than voice calls for the same reasons as
above.
- When necessary, check weather and news reports available on many
Internet-connected and other wireless phone applications when power is
out.

Last edited:

Thats wassup....

Once again I see it like this... you get what you pay for. When you provide a quality service you dont have to provide "cheap" prices to get customers. Like I said earlier.... Verizon Wireless's prices are slightly higher because we are constantly updated "America's most reliable network".... also Verizon spends alot of money on marketing. Sprint has one commercial out now.... Verizon has 5 just one one product (Blackberry Storm). Thats why Verizon can keep its prizes and still have over 2 times the customers that Sprint has. Sprint is firing people left and right... Verizon is hiring people left and right. In our monthly meetings Sprint doesnt even come into the equation.... AT&T is our only competition. I dont drop calls, I dont have to sit by a window to talk on my cell phone or run outside. I can say I have NEVER had a dropped call.

Basically, I started this thread for those who might be interested in the New Palm Pre. I do not know who is losing customers or who drop the most calls. I am happy with sprint minus the phone selections As long as sprint can keep me up and running and get new phones in, they will have me as a customer.

Dahill, however you not the first person that stated the problems sprint is having. Hopefully they will get back in the loop with everybody else.

Well, CJ, I'm glad you like Verizon, but until they have at least SOME kind of coverage in Poyen, Arkansas, I ain't gonna be able to fuggs with them.

Well, CJ, I'm glad you like Verizon, but until they have at least SOME kind of coverage in Poyen, Arkansas, I ain't gonna be able to fuggs with them.

Thats the thing... Verizon has money... if someone from Poyen, Arkansas called in and said they couldnt get a signal there.... we would make a trouble ticket, a test man would be there within the week.... a tower would be built in the area within the month. Thats exactly why you pay a LIL bit more money with Verizon.... btw Verizon Wireless has towers in the area.

btw Verizon wireless has excellent coverage in Poyen, Arkansas... and two towers in the area.

Thats the thing... Verizon has money... if someone from Poyen, Arkansas called in and said they couldnt get a signal there.... we would make a trouble ticket, a test man would be there within the week.... a tower would be built in the area within the month. Thats exactly why you pay a LIL bit more money with Verizon.... btw Verizon Wireless has towers in the area.

btw Verizon wireless has excellent coverage in Poyen, Arkansas... and two towers in the area.

Why pay a LIL bit more money with Verizon when you can pay less and Sprint is already doing the job?!?!

Why pay a LIL bit more money with Verizon when you can pay less and Sprint is already doing the job?!?!

ask over 80 million customers. Sprint may work for you... Ive tried it.... I hated it.. My mother tried it.... she hated it. Alot of people have tried it and hated it... thats why they lose millions of customers every quarter. Whatever works for you. Sprint doesnt work for me. Like I said earlier, you are in a metropolis so it really doesnt matter.

ask over 80 million customers. Sprint may work for you... Ive tried it.... I hated it.. My mother tried it.... she hated it. Alot of people have tried it and hated it... thats why they lose millions of customers every quarter. Whatever works for you. Sprint doesnt work for me. Like I said earlier, you are in a metropolis so it really doesnt matter.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

But majority (if not all) the people in this thread have said it works for them...but you still "beating a dead horse". LMAO

Just like a lot of people have tried Sprint and hated it...same can be said for Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, etc.

Im just trying to educate you.. I work with cell phones 40 h ours a week. Every carrier has "good" government discount.....Verizon's is 25%... you wont see too much better than that.

Cool. My Government discount with Sprint is 28%. I don't know why it's 28% and I'm not asking questions. I've been with Sprint for the last few years and after Katrina my family members who didnt have Sprint all got on with Sprint service. Since everyone was spread across the country the mobile to mobile feature came in handy.

Yup! And I regularly travel I10 btween San Antonio and Tallahassee and I20 between Dallas and Atlanta, and haven't had any major problems with Sprint. Matter of fact Sprint and Nextel were the only phones working in South Louisiana right after Katrina. Now AT&T does have America& Canada covered like a blanket, but none of the rest are any better than sprint. Hell T-mobile is like Cricket, you better be careful crossing state lines with that janky crap!

Actually, Cingular was working good for me after Katrina. When we had some work to do in the field after the storm, my AT&T phone worked in several places. BUT, we had Nextel and the chirp/2way worked. Different frequency.

Back