Spring Football is over. Who did it help/hurt?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think it helped Valley. There improvement over the season was well noted. It took a talent team like Pine Bluff to beat them in the final minutes of the game.

I learned the SWAC East will have more parody than the SWAC WEST. I think FAMU, Bethune Cookman, Alabama’s , and us have a case to take the swac crown

FAMU is loaded and wants to come in and make a statement

Bethune has beaten famu and most of the SWAC historically and has Grams ole QB now... they’re the wild card.

alabama state has a solid young core and they’re not scared.... they will be a tough out week in and out...

the champs Alabama A&M have a outstanding offense and a NFL draft prospect at QB... A&M got some pieces coming in on the defensive side of the ball and some studs behind the current QB.. they’ll have a target they’ve never had before on their back...

Then there’s us.... now play time and pleasantries are out the way 4-3 in the spring keeps the hype on the historic recruiting class but the kitchen is hot in the fall for Deion and his sons... everyone is going to give JSU hell because of Deion and who he is... bengal mafia will ride with him but 1 game above .500 won’t cut it....

I believe this season showed you there are 5 contenders in the east... and the West as of now has 2 sure contenders and a possible with UAPBs recent success...
AWESOME comments!

It showed that PV can narrowly defeat winless SWAC football teams to remain VERY mediocre. It showed that PV still doesn't have a clue how to select, recruit, and develop a QB or OL. It showed that PV still has one and only one dog on DL worthy to occupy 2 blockers. It showed that PV has no resemblance to a strength program in that pretty lil' weightroom it gratuitously boasts about.

Perhaps coach Keeler and staff of Sam Houston State University can soon make a cameo on PV's campus, after their fcs title run w/ an obvious great QB-OL-DL-LBers-ST committed to excellence, to help educate and lead the aimless, blind, and clueless from being so "****ish." That cisd connection on O&D though... smh

Last edited:
Forgot. It's a 3-team race for SWAC West supremacy. I believe Alcorn St, SU, and UAPB are in the drivers seat and will be followed closely by Grambling St.

The texas schools are naturally clueless and will occupy the cellar as both battle it out for the best of the last place finishers.

Prairie View seriously missed the right splash when it allowed dude to go to SFA and showed loyalty to "skin color" over performance and experience w/ credentials. lol Duh.

Forgot. It's a 3-team race for SWAC West supremacy. I believe Alcorn St, SU, and UAPB are in the drivers seat and will be followed closely by Grambling St.

The texas schools are naturally clueless and will occupy the cellar as both battle it out for the best of the last place finishers.

Prairie View seriously missed the right splash when it allowed dude to go to SFA and showed loyalty to "skin color" over performance and experience w/ credentials. lol Duh.

Naw Panth. Yall will be right in the thick of things this fall. Seems like y'all offense actually started to roll again by game 3.

Bewild ... now ima need you to stop this... Dooley has some big ole collard green eating country boys coming in late to them locker rooms... I saw the 2nd coming offspring of deoin sanders cloned in the secondary saying we looking for them dawgs baby !!! I saw some redneck had sew two football pants together so he could wear the uniform lineman.... nah idk what black magic y’all got on Grambling but maybe y’all need to tap into it some mo for fall... You and Dooley ain’t slick ... y’all not rooking us ... nope...

What yah talking about Bewild? Don't have us city slickers whip out the straight razors on you all. Last place is TSU football territory, well if you can call what we do football, anyway back on topic. Look here, don't be trying that expansion mess on us,......cellar dwelling, bottom feeding and ground groveling belongs to me and my boys. Let me go sharpen my straighten razor incase the country heads fail to absorb.

Back