Spring fishing?

I've only been fishing once. I went deep sea fishing with a bunch of guys from the station. It was my first time out at sea also where we didn't see any land, just a bunch of oil rigs. Caught a bunch of Red Snapper. After being out there a few hours, I was done and ready to head back but this was a full day fishing trip.

I've only been fishing once. I went deep sea fishing with a bunch of guys from the station. It was my first time out at sea also where we didn't see any land, just a bunch of oil rigs. Caught a bunch of Red Snapper. After being out there a few hours, I was done and ready to head back but this was a full day fishing trip.

So how many time did you get sick and throw up? 🤣

I went offshore one about 5 years ago. I caught my limit of red snapper (2) as soon as they anchored. Once everybody landed snapper they moved to boat to another spot to fill out the day...caught a bunch of spade fish. It was not worth the 80 bucks for two red snapper in my opinion.

I went offshore one about 5 years ago. I caught my limit of red snapper (2) as soon as they anchored. Once everybody landed snapper they moved to boat to another spot to fill out the day...caught a bunch of spade fish. It was not worth the 80 bucks for two red snapper in my opinion.
I would have been .38 hot.

I've been deep sea fishing about six times. I enjoyed it. The first couple of times was just for the experience. The last few times I went with some friends.
I've been once. It was good as long as the captain sat in one spot. As soon as we hit a honey hole, he moved. I mean the fish were hitting as soon as the bait was going down.

Last edited:
So how many time did you get sick and throw up? 🤣

I ain't go lie, it was once early on the trip before we stopped for our first set. I think it was those dam pills that you can take to prevent it. They didn't go well with my stomach and those waves.

I've been deep sea fishing about six times. I enjoyed it. The first couple of times was just for the experience. The last few times I went with some friends.
I went for the experience. But that 2 red snapper limit is the pits. You catch all the spade fish you wanted. It is a lot of meat on those snappers.

I tried to talk my Pop into trying salt water fishing. He said those fish have too many teeth. He says can deal with the fresh water fish with teeth but he wants no parts of salt water teeth.

You must have been on a party fishing charter boat. Several years ago, 4 high school classmates and me, charter a 4 hour fishing trip offshore (MS gulf). We each were able to catch our limit of Snapper. Once that was done, the guide baited for shark. We each caught our limit. than we settle fished for several other types. Caught a mess of fish, and once back on shore, the guide cleaned and package the fish for us. It was well worth it. And on a side note, I didn't get sea sick however, the others were x military navy. And go figure, one of them stayed sick. there is a difference between being on a small boat and a massive ship.

You must have been on a party fishing charter boat. Several years ago, 4 high school classmates and me, charter a 4 hour fishing trip offshore (MS gulf). We each were able to catch our limit of Snapper. Once that was done, the guide baited for shark. We each caught our limit. than we settle fished for several other types. Caught a mess of fish, and once back on shore, the guide cleaned and package the fish for us. It was well worth it. And on a side note, I didn't get sea sick however, the others were x military navy. And go figure, one of them stayed sick. there is a difference between being on a small boat and a massive ship.
I caught all of my fish on fishbites. I had bought this bait they said I needed for red snapper and did not get any bites so I switched to fishbites. This was a 12 hour trip. Four hours out...fish for four hours then four hours back. Only two snapper was not what I was looking for. I did not want any shark. There were guys at the dock who cleaned our fish for a 20 bucks.

Back