Spike Lee: BLACKkKLANSMAN

Spike won the Cannes Grand Prix for this movie!
I heard that they gave it a standing ovation? Interesting...I've been a fan of Spike Lee's work as much as someone would be into the music of someone like Prince. In the recent years, I've had serious issues with the way his movies end. I simply felt their could have been better closure for the viewers sake. So when I heard that, I'm like wow! Let's see what's up.

I heard that they gave it a standing ovation? Interesting...I've been a fan of Spike Lee's work as much as someone would be into the music of someone like Prince. In the recent years, I've had serious issues with the way his movies end. I simply felt their could have been better closure for the viewers sake. So when I heard that, I'm like wow! Let's see what's up.
I've never heard of this story until buzz for this movie came out. Sometimes our truth is stranger than fiction.

@PsychoJag I saw the original Black Klansman Movie (1966) on Amazon Prime last night and it was pretty good. Two characters that I recognized was a young Whitman "Grady" Mayo (Sanford & Son) and a young Max "Goldie" Julien (The Mack).

View attachment 5950

View attachment 5951
1966? Wow! There are a lot good stuff out there that is not mainstream but it is so culturally relevant. Another one of those films that came out around that time was Nothing But A Man (1964).....

I went to the see the movie on Saturday. The movie was good. The ending will piss you off. The theatre was so quiet at the end that you could hear a mouse pissing.
I wish I could have seen it already...between job, funerals, my classes, and family, it just doesn't look like I can get to this anytime soon. Plus, I wanted to see 2 other movies that have already been out to much critical acclaim as well...1. The Purge & 2. Sorry to Bother You

I'll see the Klansman, but it will be a minute....

I wish I could have seen it already...between job, funerals, my classes, and family, it just doesn't look like I can get to this anytime soon. Plus, I wanted to see 2 other movies that have already been out to much critical acclaim as well...1. The Purge & 2. Sorry to Bother You

I'll see the Klansman, but it will be a minute....
I'm sure it will be out on fire stick soon.

I finally got around to seeing it via Redbox DVD. It was enjoyable, but I'm not sure just how Spike pulled this one off. Spike managed to direct it in away that made white supremacist ideology sound stupid to the point of being flat out laughable, but somehow he also directed it in away to make one feel somewhat sorry for anybody dumb enough to drink that foolish kool-aid. If a white supremacist sees this movie and does not feel like the dumbest shyt walking there simply is no help for him or her.

Last edited:
I finally got around to seeing it via Redbox DVD. It was enjoyable, but I'm not sure just how Spike pulled this one off. Spike managed to direct it in away that made white supremacist ideology sound stupid to the point of being flat out laughable, but somehow he also directed it in away to make one feel somewhat sorry for anybody dumb enough to drink that foolish kool-aid. If a white supremacist sees this movie and does not feel like the dumbest shyt walking there simply no help for him or her.

Word is David Duke didn’t want this movie to come out for that very reason lol

I see this movie got 3 Golden Globe nominations:

Best Motion Picture - Drama
Best Director
Best Actor in a Motion Picture (John David Washington, son of Denzel Washington)

I still have not seen it yet, though.

Back