Speed..........

Let's see. I had a moment with the PV police. Here are some speedtraps that I have driven through over the years.

Georgia:
Henry and Clayton County (redneck counties)
Gwinnett and Dekalb County at night.

Louisiana:
I-10 from Port Allen to Lake Charles :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: - Deputies in Baton Rouge warn people of the deputies west of the river. I have never gotten a ticket on this stretch but almost had an incident. :redhot: Some law enforcement officers here can get on a brother's nerves.

Texas:
Bryan/College Station (college town)- This is where Texas A&M is located. Watch out in both cities, especially in College Station.

Prairie View :mad: - This is the only place where I got a speeding ticket. I got in on the old 290 in '93. In the end I paid $87. It took me a long time to get over that ticket. It was my only one. :mad: After pulling an all nighter I remember seeing the PV police catching someone before 6 AM Friday morning on the old 290. When I was driving back from home (GA) to Bryan/College Station I saw the PV police with its radar on at about one in the morning. Yes, the College Station police was out that morning too. You get the picture.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well, err....this one wasn't exactly on the highway....:(

Man PVPD has black cars with yellow writing. At night, it's not even fair. You don't see the yellow till you right up on 'em. Then they some of the cars don't even have light bars now....they got the emergency lights in the window.

Not even fair on a dark PV road.

And this is my first ticket.....well...ok not my first.......ok not my second....
But the first one was bogus. HPD stopped me when I was 16 drivin my moms car (legally) for runnin a stop sign that wasn't even there. Thrown out....
The second one......come to think of it was a PV po-po too.....stopped me for runnin a stop sign that I sat at for a while. If I would have run the stop sign even a little I would have gotten T-boned in a Neon by and Expedition......Defensive Driving....:snore:

Now this....*sigh*....at least this time I know I was guilty.....:D

I heard them PV popos trip on the traffic... I didn't believe it though......

62 in 35 = deserves a ticket!

Man that is almost double the speed limit.........dayum you might want to umm slow down playa!

Originally posted by Suge
62 in 35 = deserves a ticket!

Man that is almost double the speed limit.........dayum you might want to umm slow down playa!

LOL....Man I know, I know......I said at least this time I actually was guilty.:lmao:

But I still don't remember seein a 35 mph sign on that country road.

mane you too???? F@#$ SWAT....

my court date is tommorrow....if I wanna pay I gotta do it before 5:30

I got the cheeze but hell I just dont wanna give up bout 100 bucks and some more change:redhot:

Im still tryin to decide whether I should pay the damn thang or ask for an extension.....:confused: :redhot: :confused: cuz I was suppose to make a trip up to chatt-town(chattanooga) to see my EX....mannnnnnnnnnnn I dont know what im gonna do cuz she called me and asked was I still coming! she even took off saturday for ya boi:bawling:.............

im gonna miss out on some guaranteed puddin over a damn speeding ticket this weekend........ON MY SPRING
BREAK!!!!:redhot:

<i>will someone give me some money so I can go see my chick??????? come on nah help a young man out</i>

Originally posted by s phi s
......is expensive.

62 in a 35 = $186.50.

Dayum PVPD!!!!!!!:bawling: :redhot:

Let me guess....University Blvd?

Coming down that hill off of 290 is a GUARANTEED ticket. It would'nt be right if you didn't do AT LEAST 50.

Naw Kay Bee. That would have been TOO dayum easy. They got me on Wyatt Chapel Road (behind Phase I & II going to Hempstead). I was late for the symphonic band's performance at the honors convocation :)rolleyes: ), and I was comin from Mickey D's gettin my coffee and bacon egg and cheese. I was grubbin and flyin and he was chillin by a tree around a curve. From what I hear around campus, that is the new speed trap. They hip to the shortcut now. Might as well hit the highway.

Originally posted by s phi s
Naw Kay Bee. That would have been TOO dayum easy. They got me on Wyatt Chapel Road (behind Phase I & II going to Hempstead).

Wyatt Chapel Road, you have got to be kidding. I have always went through there doing about the same 50-60!! That road is so country, I did not know it had jurisdiction!!! *lol*

BTW,
One of the worst tickets and worst towns is Winnie, Texas located a few miles b4 Beaumont, Tx. I was on my way the Bayou Classic one year. Going 90 mph in a 70 speed limit. Had two pay 275.00 for fines a week before XMAS. Can you say NO XMAS shopping budget. I paid cash to the judge. Mighty strange that ticket never appeared on my driving record.

I have heard about Texas Police in general not being so friendly. I got popped right at Crenshaw and Florence, dude was on a motorcycle and I hit the corner going about 50-58 in a 35 zone. He took his time in putting the lights on, if I would have hit the corner before he got to me I would have cut the lights and gone. I am glad to this day I did not do it but that was my mentality at the time. Now I stay within the speed limit, that is an avoidable ticket. :)

Sorry man... I mean... :smh: ~snickle~ LOL@sphis.

Man, I feel sorry for all of y'all students @ PV now. I KNOW how bad they are now cause one of my homegirls works in the city of PV's police div and she constantly tells me about all of the citations they write up DURING the school year! LOL :emlaugh:

They were pretty bad when we were there as well. They couldn't catch us back then (erry'body had either IROC, Z-28, 'vette, five-dot-Oh, older muscle car, etc...) and we'd run circles around them. :lmao: In fact, we USED to race behind Fuller Hall (in front of the Engr Tech bldg going into that deep curve that takes you towards the campus po-pos). We'd LET campus po-pos through and then continue w/ our burn-outs, racing. LOL :lmao: The city of PV had only ONE car (an old azz black Plymouth w/ gold letters) and we USED to run circles around that guy. He used to come up on campus after chasing us and we'd park in front of one of the halls, get out of the cars, and start walking casually away. Ol' boy would come up, run tags, and sit there for a while looking stee-yupid! LMAO :emlaugh: :bawling: :emlaugh: ROTF CRYING LOL! :emlaugh:...kekekekekekekekekekeke If there was something he could do, he didn't do it. LOL He'd just sit there. What'd he expect? For one of us to COME back to the cars so that he could ticket us? :confused: ~snickle~ L8r that evening, we'd park where we were supposed to and repeat this the following week. He should've KNOWN certain vehicles and he'd corner us if we were ever alone @ UNCO getting gas or something. He cornered me once and sed: <b>"I KNOW IZ U! U DA' ONE DAT RAN 'WAY FROM ME YEST'DAY! IT WUZ U! I KNOW'D IT WUZ U!!!! :mad:"</b> Had veins popping out his neck and everything. LOL I calmly said: "Sir. Officer? I let someone else have my car yesterday to go to Bruno's (bbq) to get some food.... :confused:" ~snickle~ I was undefeated in PV (campus po-pos and city po-pos).

*sigh* The good ol' days... Now anticipating what lie I'll give the current judge and my atty for a recent ticket I got (129 in a 60). I was actually slowing down, so, there's no telling how fast I was really going. Dumb Ricky. :mad:

129 in a 60???? ahh Panthro a man I can admire.:)

:smh: @ ya'll saying 62 in a 35 is too fast.....

Country road...late for an appt....shoot I'da been doing 80...at least:p

If you were going 62 on Wyatt Chapel Road you were going about 20 mph too slow. You were going to fast to take defensive driving.... but if Ken Camminitti can get deferred adjudication for using the white powder you should be able to get it for that speeding ticket :idea:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ahhh... the memories. I remember when they first opened up the new 290 and I was "airing" out the Volvo. I cried my way out of that ticket. ;)

The second one, I was headed to my 8:00AM Anatomy & Physiology class and got a ticket by UNCO. :mad:

Third, I was in Hempstead at the McDonald's and just got a warning and a long convo from the po-po. :rolleyes:

Back