Speaking of snubs, the FCS playoff committee (once again) froze the SWAC and MEAC out of the FCS playoffs

We already knew this was coming since our Championship games were gonna be after they started their playoffs.

Reactions: EB
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Did I miss something here? Did we as a conference walk to go to FCS football playoffs? I thought we didn't participate in that because it was more meaningful and better financially to have our own championship in the celebration bowl or something like that this year.

Past history, when we did participate in Playoffs, the financial hit was a loss. It cost more to participate plus, they usually had the teams traveling somewhere. I believe the last time Alcorn went, was when Steve was playing, and they sent Alcorn to play somewhere far up North, in the snow??? That year, the bowl in Shreveport wanted The Corn and the NCAA denied it. It would have been a sell out and a windfall for the Corn and the bowl.

Past history, when we did participate in Playoffs, the financial hit was a loss. It cost more to participate plus, they usually had the teams traveling somewhere. I believe the last time Alcorn went, was when Steve was playing, and they sent Alcorn to play somewhere far up North, in the snow??? That year, the bowl in Shreveport wanted The Corn and the NCAA denied it. It would have been a sell out and a windfall for the Corn and the bowl.

I vaguely remember the Liberty Bowl (Memphis) was trying to get Alcorn to play when Steve McNair was there.

Youngstown State in Ohio

If FCS was smart, the take a page out of our book and move the start of the playoffs back two or 3 weeks to allow all conferences with enough school to have conference championship games, allow conferences to form alliances with each other to create bowl games, bring down the cost of hosting a playoff game and allow schools that host playoffs games to keep at least 95% of the gate receipts. This would make it more financially feasible for every school including our to be a part of the playoffs and still make money for their conferences.

If FCS was smart, the take a page out of our book and move the start of the playoffs back two or 3 weeks to allow all conferences with enough school to have conference championship games, allow conferences to form alliances with each other to create bowl games, bring down the cost of hosting a playoff game and allow schools that host playoffs games to keep at least 95% of the gate receipts. This would make it more financially feasible for every school including our to be a part of the playoffs and still make money for their conferences.

One thing is certain, the broken FCS playoffs are more their problem than ours. As it stands, we are structured in the future to change the G5 to the G6 or G7 depending on what the MEAC does.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I guess the Meac is changing their football schedule from what they put out earlier in the year. They said they would have a 6 game schedule from Feb 27th - Apr 24th with a Championship Game on May 1st. They should have stuck with this model and not get involved with the FCS Playoffs which is slated to start Apr 18th.

View: https://twitter.com/HBCUGameday/status/1308546417498230785?s=20

You know no matter what we have, what they have will always be better. We still have prove ourselves disease!

Back