Spady & Alabama A&M want to spoil UAB's return

NeedTE= "2kool, post: 262 357 h8, member: 10485"]@TvSportsGuy21 next time you interview Spady.... ask him how long does he plan to continue this government research 2 quarterback system experiment...

Ask him if he's aware of prior research that shows it never works elsewhere for anyone else....

Also, ask him to confirm his contract status for 2018[/QUOTE]

Playing two QB's was the thing to do. These are money games with no impact on conference standings. No need to get your starters hurt and should protect them as much as possible. Second, need to give backup time to have him ready just in case something happens to starter.

It makes little sense to criticize everything the coach does. Wait to see how we do in games that matter.

Playing two QB's was the thing to do. These are money games with no impact on conference standings. No need to get your starters hurt and should protect them as much as possible. Second, need to give backup time to have him ready just in case something happens to starter.

It makes little sense to criticize everything the coach does. Wait to see how we do in games that matter.

Spady mentioned himself in the SWAC teleconference that he plans to play 2 quarterbacks all season.This would be a non-issue if he played the better of the 2 backups... Because May was outplayed by Smith all Spring and Fall practice.

No sense being critical? Some of us are tired of losing, Oracle. You might like winning 4 games a year, but some of us don't. Contrary to most A&M folks and administrators (yeah I said it)... There is more to a football season than the MCC and homecoming.

Playing musical chairs with the QBs is what got us a 3-8 season with a loss to VALLEY two years ago...

Last edited:

That's true only because JSU did not play them. TNSU will have a lot less talent than UAB and I got this feeling JSU will come short by a large margin at the S.H.C. If JSU does not pull it's weight, TNSU will begin to look away (maybe in our direction). I pull for JSU but would not bet on them to win

Cool but dont' act like TNState wouldnt have drug ya'll over the last 7-8 years.

Spady mentioned himself in the SWAC teleconference that he plans to play 2 quarterbacks all season.This would be a non-issue if he played the better of the 2 backups... Because May was outplayed by Smith all Spring and Fall practice.

No sense being critical? Some of us are tired of losing, Oracle. You might like winning 4 games a year, but some of us don't. Contrary to most A&M folks and administrators (yeah I said it)... There is more to a football season than the MCC and homecoming.

Playing musical chairs with the QBs is what got us a 3-8 season with a loss to VALLEY two years ago...

I understand. We all want to win. But the coach is working under limitations. For years I argued for guarantee games with the money going to athletics. That is now beginning to happen. Let's see if additional money makes a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: J C
I understand. We all want to win. But the coach is working under limitations. For years I argued for guarantee games with the money going to athletics. That is now beginning to happen. Let's see if additional money makes a difference.

Additional money with an injured roster and an empty stadium

@TvSportsGuy21 next time you interview Spady.... ask him how long does he plan to continue this government research 2 quarterback system experiment...

Ask him if he's aware of prior research that shows it never works elsewhere for anyone else....

Also, ask him to confirm his contract status for 2018

Sorry for the late response. Had a lot going on this week. Since the Spring, Spady has said that he'd like to have a 2 QB system in place despite naming Glass as the starter. I'm guessing that's his philosophy.

He shut down another reporter during fall camp when she asked him about his job status going into his last year of his contract.

Sorry for the late response. Had a lot going on this week. Since the Spring, Spady has said that he'd like to have a 2 QB system in place despite naming Glass as the starter. I'm guessing that's his philosophy.

He shut down another reporter during fall camp when she asked him about his job status going into his last year of his contract.

He's not a head coach. Sadly, the people who could fix this dont care to.

What did he say to the reporter?

He said "I know there's pressure on me on to win in the final year of my contract, and I want to win as well. That's what I plan to do. But for future references, please don't ask me about my contract situations because that's not about of my game planning for any contest this year."

Back