Southern vs. Texas Southern: Game Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern up 3-0

1st and goal for TSU at the 8.
-- Boutte: no gain.
-- Lunnon: no gain.
-- Backpass to Lunnon and he's knocked out of bounds at the 4.
-- FG Try: Patrick 21 yard FG is GOOD.

SU 3, TxSU 3 -- 2nd Quarter

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DAMN!!!!

1st and 10 at SU 16 .... Richard intercepted again and TSU returns it for a touchdown.

SU 3, TxSU 10

Sidenote: Bama intercepts Mauck .... still down 10-0 to LSU in 2nd.

Richard is not looking good. TxSU is all over his passes. 3rd Pick goes for TxSU TD.

Team playing tight. Alright Jags we got to play. This TxSU's and Bill Thomas Super Bowl. :redhot:

Must be contagious...Bruce wasn't very sharp today either. But those things happen! Might be pressing too much!

TxSU up 10-0

Chris Davis tipped the Richard pass into a TxSU cornerbacks' hands.

SU -- 1st and 10 from SU 21.

Ard huge reception to SU 34. Penalty against TxSU (facemask)

Miller runs to SU 48.

SU moving the ball now, but slowly.

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Must be contagious...Bruce wasn't very sharp today either. But those things happen! Might be pressing too much!

Yeah that might be true. But Bruce was probably bored. We've just gone away from the run the last few games. We need to keep pounding Peoples. That opens the passing game.

I think we are pressing too much and trying too hard. Texas Southern usually plays us tough anyway. Hopefully we will get this thing going and get in the zone.

TOUCHDOWN!!!! Chris Davis!!!!

Excuse me .... TXSU up 10-3

Chris Davis 49 yard TD reception from Richard through double coverage -- Ackley (25 yard)PAT is GOOD.

Game Tied -- Southern 10, TxSU 10 5:04 left in 2nd.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sidenote: LSU goes up 17-0 on a pass from Mauck to TE Edwards with 2:00 left in 2nd Quarter.

TSU starts at own 9 yard line.

Originally posted by momof2ym
I think we are pressing too much and trying too hard. Texas Southern usually plays us tough anyway. Hopefully we will get this thing going and get in the zone.

TOUCHDOWN!!!! Chris Davis!!!!

I feel ya on the "pressing" comment. But you can never try too hard (although I understand what you mean). I'd much rather have a player screw up from trying...can't stand those "cool" guys!

When I coached, I used to always tell my players that the key to winning was "effort and execution". The team that gives the best effort and greater degree of execution is gonna win!

Originally posted by SUGrad06
Go somewhere else with that...

DSN just funning around to a point. Although no love is lost between GSU and SU. We all want the BC to be for all the marbles.

I know what you mean but I still think you can try too hard to do it yourself when you force a pass instead of taking the sack. Of course I'm speaking from the point of view of a fan and I don't "feel" too much of that "coachy" stuff. :)

Defense Jags...DEFENSE!!!!

You might want to consider coaching...you make a good point about trying to do it all yourself and forcing things.

But enuff commentary...Enjoy the game and good luck!

We're just not executing today. Orlando is on our arse with his playcalling. Then we miss picking up a loose football to stop a drive. SMH

17-10 TxSU is up.

Originally posted by SU Jag 79
TXSU scores on 10 yard run by James.

Tigers 17, Jags 10: :33 seconds left in 2nd quarter.

SU cannot go punch for punch with TxSU.......TxSU is just too unpredictable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back