Southern vs Mississippi Valley State Game Thread: 2:00pm CT

Can't blame this on the offense this week. Eason, even with the INT, played his best game at Valley by far against a GOOD SU team. The tight ends from SU killed us for 3 TDs. Valley controlled their run and pass other than the tight ends. I've praised their OC for how he uses them

I was just as dumbfounded as to why SU faked that punt or went for it so many times on 4th down.

NCCU is another physical team that should be a challenge but winnable
Valley’s offense wasn’t good, and neither was SU’s football team. NCCU could be a fun game for Valley, but in the end, the Eagles are the better team.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yall finally made the switch. Do you know if they will give Skelton a shot at RB/WR. He's too talented to not be on the field at all

LOL ...

I just wanted to the QB to be efficient in the offense. Skelton was not. Bubba was in two games. Still have to find a way to incorporate Skelton into the offense on either short yardage/goal line stuff or in general.

I saw some good stuff from the offense with Bubba running the offense. Big thing is, HE DIDN'T TURN THE BALL OVER. He got other people involved in the offense. HE TOOK WHAT THE DEFENSE GAVE HIM.

Granted, he's not the athlete Skelton is. Hell, there's not a QB in the conference as athletically gifted as Skelton. However, he's not what we need to do what we need to do offensively.

Also, Kobe Dillon (No. 16) was an all-state dual threat QB at Ferriday. So, I do expect some RB pass stuff with him in the game.

SIDENOTE: Is Shedeur's shoulder OK?

LOL ...

I just wanted to the QB to be efficient in the offense. Skelton was not. Bubba was in two games. Still have to find a way to incorporate Skelton into the offense on either short yardage/goal line stuff or in general.

I saw some good stuff from the offense with Bubba running the offense. Big thing is, HE DIDN'T TURN THE BALL OVER. He got other people involved in the offense. HE TOOK WHAT THE DEFENSE GAVE HIM.

Granted, he's not the athlete Skelton is. Hell, there's not a QB in the conference as athletically gifted as Skelton. However, he's not what we need to do what we need to do offensively.

Also, Kobe Dillon (No. 16) was an all-state dual threat QB at Ferriday. So, I do expect some RB pass stuff with him in the game.

SIDENOTE: Is Shedeur's shoulder OK?

Your offense definitely looked efficient with Bubba in. I'm sure he will improve as the season goes on.

Yes Shedeur is OK just a left shoulder stinger. We had a ton of starters out (linemen included) and almost lost QB1. Coach made him come back in as a decoy but he didn't attempt another pass after going down with 12 minutes left in the 3rd. Our backup need some touches.

Yall finally made the switch. Do you know if they will give Skelton a shot at RB/WR. He's too talented to not be on the field at all
Your offense definitely looked efficient with Bubba in. I'm sure he will improve as the season goes on.

Yes Shedeur is OK just a left shoulder stinger. We had a ton of starters out (linemen included) and almost lost QB1. Coach made him come back in as a decoy but he didn't attempt another pass after going down with 12 minutes left in the 3rd. Our backup need some touches.

fa sho … hopefully that shoulder stuff doesn’t linger and he bounces back.

But, we ran the ball effectively without Jerodd Sims (24). Think he’s coming back after the bye week against Texas Southern. We’ll have all of our backs ready with Bubba taking more first-team snaps going into the TSU game.

Bubba’s TD throw to Howard down the seam just over the LBs head was a thing of beauty. We have playmakers in the skill positions and a hellafied O-line. Don’t need the QB to be a hero. Just get the ball in them dudes’ hands

fa sho … hopefully that shoulder stuff doesn’t linger and he bounces back.

But, we ran the ball effectively without Jerodd Sims (24). Think he’s coming back after the bye week against Texas Southern. We’ll have all of our backs ready with Bubba taking more first-team snaps going into the TSU game.

Bubba’s TD throw to Howard down the seam just over the LBs head was a thing of beauty. We have playmakers in the skill positions and a hellafied O-line. Don’t need the QB to be a hero. Just get the ball in them dudes’ hands
That oline is the best in the conference. TEs and RBs looked good. Defense isn't what it was in the spring. Particularly the LB group. Seems the dline is the same though

While a lot of ppl are putting Skelton down, let’s realize Bubba did do a better job against a D2 squad and a valley defense. Now, I’ve always liked Bubba as a passer, and watched the 2019 SU/ JSU game online. I vividly remember jsu announcers laughing at Skelton’s passes. On one drive, the announcer said ‘he hit the ambulance!!!’

Skelton is nowhere near in the passing game, but his confidence when the reins are off and he can scramble instead of being forced to be a pocket qb makes him nearly the best qb in the conference.

That oline is the best in the conference. TEs and RBs looked good. Defense isn't what it was in the spring. Particularly the LB group. Seems the dline is the same though

We miss Caleb Carter as that thumper LB.

Rollins' biggest challenge is to kick the team into a higher gear in October on out.

While a lot of ppl are putting Skelton down, let’s realize Bubba did do a better job against a D2 squad and a valley defense. Now, I’ve always liked Bubba as a passer, and watched the 2019 SU/ JSU game online. I vividly remember jsu announcers laughing at Skelton’s passes. On one drive, the announcer said ‘he hit the ambulance!!!’

Skelton is nowhere near in the passing game, but his confidence when the reins are off and he can scramble instead of being forced to be a pocket qb makes him nearly the best qb in the conference.
Lmao that's harsh lol. Skelton can kill you with his legs. If you don't put a spy on him he will make you pay. He can also go over the top on you as well. He isn't a traditional QB but he can ball

Sounds like something "Coach" Rob J or Coach D. Asberry might say!! 😂🤣

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

In 2019 Skelton may not have hurt JSU passing the ball, but he was dominate running the ball. He was the difference in that game.

Back