Southern University at Shreveport was denied reaffirmation

theSWACdecider

Bennett College had its accreditation continued “for good causeâ€￾ but was placed on probation for six months over questions about its financial ability. Southern University at Shreveport was denied reaffirmation and placed on “warningâ€￾ status, due to questions about its financial stability and other issues.

SACS denied reaffirmation to tiny St. Paul College in Virginia and placed it on probation for another 12 months due to financial stability concerns. SACS continued St. Paul’s accreditation.

Meanwhile, Tugaloo College near Jackson, Mississippi, was placed on probation for 12 months while its accreditation was continued. Again, SACS expressed concerns about financial difficulties at Tugaloo.

http://diverseeducation.com/article/15928/

So tired of hearing about financial problems at HBCU's.

I know what you mean, but it seems to be mostly with monetary issues. I believe they can right the ship financially. I visited SUSBO back in 2010, and it looked pretty good, and the everyone seemed to be happy to be there. I am pulling for them and Tougaloo.

Seems like a lot of the HBCUs are getting hit hard by this same issue. I hope SU-Shreveport can recover. Will this have profound affect on SUBR? Just an inquiry....

Seems like a lot of the HBCUs are getting hit hard by this same issue. I hope SU-Shreveport can recover. Will this have profound affect on SUBR? Just an inquiry....

It's more so with the System. The reduction in endowment has hurt us all over. Besides this, SUSBO is fine.

Could somebody explain something for me and that is does the financial instabilities stem from poor accounting records as a result of stealing or just misplaced numbers here and there or are they not meeting financial compliance by because they flat out just don't have a clue where money has gone to whether it be from stealing or they just didn't "jot" it down and apply it to their accounting records :noidea:?

When you have limited funds, you have to move money around. President who run public institutions need to bring in hardcore alums, provide them with the financial information and allow them to go hard at Governors and State folks who deny us our far share of public education monies.

Fisk has no one to blame but themselves..

Truthfully, there are some HBCU's that need to be shut down unless they get their act together.

Back