Southern Heritage Classic Part 2

Fred really burning bridges with a potential successor within the SWAC conference … Fred showing his true hand in this situation.
And his true hand is to.... hold JSU accountable for a contract vs just letting them back out penalty free? Is this what yall really arguing? lol

And his true hand is to.... hold JSU accountable for a contract vs just letting them back out penalty free? Is this what yall really arguing? lol
JSU has honored the deal to play another year, given notice they’re leaving, gave Fred and them folks 18 months to find a replacement, and is paying an exit fee per the breach. If that’s not accountability, then I don’t know what it is. This Fred and company trying to raise the price to make JSU play a game that’s no longer beneficial to them. And that’s facts.

This whole ordeal is just an ugly look all the way around. Why is it the conference has to have unnecessary drama just for reality tv?

Could have easily been avoided with professional folks sitting down and trying to renegotiate from the start or simply just buyout the deal. But we got future plans before the old plans were cancelled, then had the cancellation, then the make up, then got one last time, now we got a suing. And inside all of that multiple folks loud and wrong from THEE(we know our worth and we aint playing for pennies no mo, then next, y'all don't know how business works, then later, We done playing in Memphis, then afterwards, oh we just gone play one more time) Guess the next move is a fight in the Peabody lobby the weekend the game to see how many more games take place.

Smh, and I thought we had foolishness going on.

This whole ordeal is just an ugly look all the way around. Why is it the conference has to have unnecessary drama just for reality tv?

Could have easily been avoided with professional folks sitting down and trying to renegotiate from the start or simply just buyout the deal. But we got future plans before the old plans were cancelled, then had the cancellation, then the make up, then got one last time, now we got a suing. And inside all of that multiple folks loud and wrong from THEE(we know our worth and we aint playing for pennies no mo, then next, y'all don't know how business works, then later, We done playing in Memphis, then afterwards, oh we just gone play one more time) Guess the next move is a fight in the Peabody lobby the weekend the game to see how many more games take place.

Smh, and I thought we had foolishness going on.

You do. Plenty of it. From poor administration down to students not being able to graduate. From athletic & academic woes over to campus safety. It’s just that nobody cares to talk about your school. Which is why you’re here to talk about JSU instead of your declining university.

I Hate You Lol GIF by Lifetime

You do. Plenty of it. From poor administration down to students not being able to graduate. From athletic & academic woes over to campus safety. It’s just that nobody cares to talk about your school. Which is why you’re here to talk about JSU instead of your declining university.
You mofos actually got the conference sued. Let me said that again....Y'all foolishness and overall unprofessionalism got the SWAC in a lawsuit. No jokes can stop that from being real.

This is not good. JSU has taken a monetary whipping at this event and it is understandable, every contract has cancellation clauses. I’m with JSU, it’s just the way the matter was handled and hope there is a settlement soon.

The best option would be JSU fulfilling its contractual obligations through 2024 and then moving on as FAMU and TSU did with the AFC. Classics aren't meant to last forever and I personally prefer home and home agreements. But a breached contract is a breached contract.

Heck, a chance to renegotiate terms would potentially be good for all parties honestly.
Just put all of them in jail….lol

I'm not surprised by the lawsuit against Jackson State, but I am curious how the SWAC is being sued when there is no agreement between SMC and the SWAC.

I'm not surprised by the lawsuit against Jackson State, but I am curious how the SWAC is being sued when there is no agreement between SMC and the SWAC.
Fred clearly feels that the letter of termination he received from JSU mentioning "new obligations with the SWAC" is just cause with Charles McCelland's interviews with HBCU Gameday and Inside the HBCU Sports Lab is icing on the cake regarding alleged collusion.

And to be honest, none of this would've happened if JSU and SU could've figured out a way to keep the BoomBox a Home and Home series in '23 & '24. Apparently, Ashley wanted JSU to host the game both years.

Back