Southern, Grambling use different ways to build rosters

interesting breakdown of the rosters, based on philosophy and geography

Nearly two-thirds of Southern’s roster are Louisiana natives while nearly half of Grambling’s are from Louisiana.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_5d639d8a-cb1c-11e7-a097-8ffd8f96d7d7.html

The national appeal of Icon Grambling is a factor. The origin of G-Men on the roster was similar to the overall student enrollment when I was in school. Breakdown for student enrollment was 52% out of state back in the early to mid 90s. The pedigree of Grambling has been always one of the most diverse in the state.

It is the reason why Icon Grambling is known from the Far East Japan to the African continent.

Last edited:
Since 2014 Fobbs has lost 2 regular season SWAC games. that was to Southern and Alabama State his first year. He has lost one post season game to Alcorn.....and 7 non-conference gamesl....37-10....LOL Fobbs has not lost to a SWAC team twice.

Look much of this had to do with the loss of Comegy, Barlow and Hopson... The last 3 years, the EAST has been trying to find itself.

Look much of this had to do with the loss of Comegy, Barlow and Hopson... The last 3 years, the EAST has been trying to find itself.

Loss of Comegy....negro he coaches at Valley he is still in the SWAC...LMAO!!!!

JSU screwed themselves when they fired Comegy and the sad part is you busters can't admit that because you want justify a firing a coach who was wining. On one when it suits you, you proclaim that JSU was the best team over the last 15 years...much of that due to Comegy.....yet you flip that when people say they have not won but one championship and you state that Comegy was not the coach to get you to the championship.

JSU fans are like hormonal women going through the "change"

So JSU is trying to find themselves? I mean I thought thee was..........don't worry about it. LMAO

I use to wonder growing up in Jackson y j st got so amped up playing Southern and Grambling. After doing my research i saw y!! LOL!! Go Bayou Classic!!

In the 70's Southern U. had a bad rap for not recruiting and starting enough players from Louisiana. In attempt to turn the tide on that rap, Southern hired in the early 80's New Orleans' St. Augustine Coach Otis Washington. I believe Coach Washington's hire did a lot to change the tide of getting more athletes out of New Orleans in particular and Louisiana in general.

Back