Soul Food

kellis

SU Jags!!!
Did anyone watch the season finale last night? The show had me crying the entire 55 minutes.

1. Why didn't Damon leave Christine alone when he found out she was in love with him? I mean he was downright cold when she thought she was pregnant.

2. What is really going on with Bird? Will she experiment with lesbianism next season.

3. Kenny and Maxine. I'm at a loss for words.

4. Terry and Damon. I think this is going to bring them closer together....not necessarily back together.

I'm going watch it again on Sunday and record it this time.

I am still in shock. Had me in tears also. I think she knew Damon was not in love with her. I would not have killed myself... He really did not have to be so cold to her when she said she was pregnant.

Max and Kenny will be okay. If he admits to her that he did dream about Lila, maybe Max will come around. I think she is more upset because he is not being completely honest with her.

I can not wait until the new shows start this summer.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I must say it was definitely my favorite episode so far. I thought Bird was giving off some gay vibes last night too; especially when she stop dancing with her husband to turn around and put her azz on ole girl....WTF. :eek: I definitely knew ole girl was str8 gay.

I hate to see Kenny and Max go through, but he was stupid for leaving the darn letter, open right there on the desk for anyone to see. Just plain ole dumb.:rolleyes:

Now, Christine is a damn fool.....I never knew if she was actually pregnant or not but there's no way I would have taken myself out. It is sad that grown azz men still can't and won't accept responsibility tho. :tdown:

Okay from a man's perspective:

1. L naw, Bird ain't gay and she ain't gonna get with that chick (on purpose). Now ol' girl may hem her arse up somewhere and break her down,but Bird won't be a willing subject. She is just messing with Lem's head. I sat ther and said "don't tell her the truth, remember last time" and his dumb butt did it anyway. I'm really tiring of Bird's character lately, since the accident she has been acting very immature. Other than caring for Terri, she works a nerve.

2. Kenny did the right thing. He didn't give in to Maxine's full court pressure. First of all, she shouldn't have read his letter (even though his dumbarse left it there in plain view and forgot about it, SMH), then she came at him wrong. Instead of asking, "What is going on or what is the deal?", she automatically assumes the worst, that they had sex. So Kenny wouldn't dignify that crazy stuff. I do agree, however they dragged this out way too long, they should have talked by now. They'll be okay. Still LOL@ Max driving all the way to WI and Lila locking that darn door. ROTF!!:lmao:

3. Damon and Christie, wooo. Got to admire brother's spunk. He knew that crazy girl loved him and she knew he wasn't stuttin' her behind. That's why she did it. That girl wasn't a bit mo pregnant than I am. (I know I look more pregnant that she does! hahaha:D ) She was just looking for an answer and didn't get the one she wanted. She didn't have to take it that far though. But boyyy did her deranged tail mess up that apartment!!:eek2:

4. Damon and Terri. I think it was very sweet what she is doing and also very dumb. Yes, take the drunk fool in, call his daddy, but don't let him stay with you! Then heck don't give up your bed!! Sheesh! Therapy must be going very well or those drugs are kicking in because she was very civil. I don't expect anything to come of this though. Not until it is explored deeper in therapy.

Overall, not a very good show to me. Full of drama, yes but not up to par as their regular shows. Everything just jumped ahead for season endings. I don't know what ya'll were crying about.....Ladies stuff I guess. But like the rest of you, I can't wait until next season....I guess I'll have to though.

Dumbarse broad went and killed herself for someone who didn't want her.....and she already knew that anyway. She should have left long ago. Plus that chic wasn't pregnant..she is just like a lot of triflin arse chcis who want to try and play the baby card thinking that it is going to magically change a man's mind!

To borrow D-Town pharse...... It is sad that grown arse women still can't stop playing games about being pregnant!

Bengal E I am with you. I wouldn't have told Max ish either. She came at him all wrong. I would let her suffer soome too!

Man I wish I had Showtime...

But I'm just cheap :lol:

Anyone know if they're going to release the series on video or DVD? I'd probably buy them that way!! I'll at least rent them!

To much drama and it was to easy to figure out what was going to happen, it appears they don't know what to do with the show.

Lem and Bird: What man would answer that question, Lem is suppose to be street smart and he fell for that.

Kenny and Maxine: Ain't know brother going to go thru some stuff when he didn't do it. Give me a break, tell the women nothing happen and move on.

Terry, Christie, and Damon: The show is called Soul Food not Brunch. The only thing they got right was Christie tearing up his apartment. Black women will do that, plus she had the right to do that, but to kill herself, "L" no, that what white women do. Woman tell you she's pregnant and you're going to the gym. He should have arrested for being stupid. Terry should run as fast as she can, but again she's dumb.

I refused to read this thread until I saw the show. Well I watched the last 35 or so minutes. I knew Christine was going to kill herself I just had that feeling. But I have to agree with SUGE(yep) She should have left Damon alone along time ago. Hell she knew he didn't love her. :smh:

Kenny dumb arse..he needs to be himmed up by Max. He was stupid enough to leave the letter for Max to find..:rolleyes:

I missed the whole Bird mess. But the repeats start up....

Kenny ignored rule #1........

All get rid of the evidence.......... I frankly say he deserved it.....

Damon's stupid arse ignored ruled #2..... Never leave an uptset...crazy and deranged woman is your house....WTF!!!

Say what you want, but...

looking back on my childhood, I can relate with Ahmad copping his "feel", just that I remember the "feel" being a little bit more involved ...and the girl not quite as fine! What are friends like Reggie for?

Now as far as the rest of the games, some of ya'll knuckas know that ya'll spill your gutz at the merest hint of losin' out on lovin' for the week. I guess I would have to say that Kenny messed up when he left the dayum letter where Max could find it! Gotta have a system in place...like me. :D If I die or disappear for some unexpected reason, my boyz have been instructed to go to my job and clear all my isht outta drawer #(**) on the left hand side of my desk and shred it! See? Gotta have a plan (along with a backup)!!! *Now you can't tell that one brotha who been scopin' your ol lady out for the last year or so... nuthin' but ammo for his arse! No good b%^$@rd*

As far as Lem is concerned, he has put his foot in his mouth because he's "in love". He's trying to be truthful with the ol lady. That isht don't work with the young ones. They're too independent. It takes years to un-do all that isht those aunts and mamas and girlfriends and soap operas have imbedded in their systems. After you're married to them for at least TEN years, you can un-do some of that isht and suggest some freaky isht like that!!! Ain't gon' work, but you won't have to sleep with one eye open!

;)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Soul Food is the reason I now have HBO and Showtime. This is probably my second favorite show now (Law and Order being my favorite).

The last show was a tear jerker type show. I loved it. I thought they should have let Shirley Ceasar tell them how the church attendees were suppose to be acting towards her singing... :) Other than that, I thought it was an excellent show.

PEACE!!!

Back