Sony Vaio

JSU*Toi

I am looking to purchase the Sony VAIO with the following specs. Does anyone have a VAIO or know anything about them?

14.1" WXGA & Camera

Wireless Lan:
Wireless LAN (802.11b\g)

Processor:
Intel Pentium M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz)

Memory:
1 GB DDR-SDRAM (DDR2-533, 512 MBx2)

Hard Drive:
80 GB Hard Disk Drive

Optical Drive:
DVD+R Double Layer / DVD+-RW Drive

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Service:
No VAIO Overseas Service

Pre-Installed Office Software:
Microsoft Works 8.0

Photo Software:
Photo Standard

Music Software:
Music Standard

Video Software:
Video Standard

My office uses Vaio's. They have all that stuff you posted. We have the Vaio all-in-one desktop. The keyboard, screen (17") and tower/hard drive are all connected and takes up little space. We have a wireless network through them. I have cable hooked up to it, as well. I don't think Vaio makes them anymore.

We love them. First we were all like kids on Christmas Day with new toys. Too busy showing them off to friends, rather than working.

This is the one we have in our offices:
PCVW700G_LRG.jpg

FJ180PG_1.jpg

FJ180PG_2.jpg

This is the one I want, not alot of people have the VAIO where I work so I am glad to find someone who is hype on it.

I have one. That's what I post most of my SWAC comments on. It's nice. You will especially like the DVD writing and authoring software that comes with it. The tech support guys are five stars also. They are very friendly and patient. My computer has A 240GB hard drive. I do a lot of video editing work. It's well worth your money. I don't have the laptop though, but if the laptop is anything like the desktop it's a great buy. I saw a lady using one in the law library in Little Rock and the screen was clear as I don't know what.

I purchased a Vaio VGN-250 in Jan 2005; I have been a Vaio bigot for many years. This is my 2nd Vaio, my sister has my first one. I usually purchase my VAIO and then "PIMP the thing out."

My sister and I highly recommend VAIO's. If you go with the VAIO you will discover that you have made a great choice. If you are able to PIMP you VAIO, you would realize that you made a spectacular choice.

pv_symbiotic said:
I purchased a Vaio VGN-250 in Jan 2005; I have been a Vaio bigot for many years. This is my 2nd Vaio, my sister has my first one. I usually purchase my VAIO and then "PIMP the thing out."

My sister and I highly recommend VAIO's. If you go with the VAIO you will discover that you have made a great choice. If you are able to PIMP you VAIO, you would realize that you made a spectacular choice.

Outside of ordering the matching Dooney bag that comes with it ( which I did) how can I pimp it out? Keep in mind I travel alot and don't need anything that will make it heavy.

JSU*Toi said:
Outside of ordering the matching Dooney bag that comes with it ( which I did) how can I pimp it out? Keep in mind I travel alot and don't need anything that will make it heavy.

Dooney that is okay. But if you were raised in Chicago such as myself you would have selected the Louis Vuitton Computer Bag.

Pimping out my VAIO is similar to Pimp My Ride on MTV. I pulled the memory out and placed the largest memory chips that would fit into the VAIO. My VAIO came with XP Home. Wiped out the hard drive and reload XP Pro, Office 2003 and every other full version application that I could think of to load. Zone Alarm, DVD Shrink, Nero, Photoshop?etc. If you can name it, more than likely it is sitting on my VAIO.

pv_symbiotic said:
Dooney that is okay. But if you were raised in Chicago such as myself you would have selected the Louis Vuitton Computer Bag.

Pimping out my VAIO is similar to Pimp My Ride on MTV. I pulled the memory out and placed the largest memory chips that would fit into the VAIO. My VAIO came with XP Home. Wiped out the hard drive and reload XP Pro, Office 2003 and every other full version application that I could think of to load. Zone Alarm, DVD Shrink, Nero, Photoshop?etc. If you can name it, more than likely it is sitting on my VAIO.

I was raised in Chicago (southside) but the Luie didn't match. The Dooney did :).

VGPAMB7G.jpg

As far as pimping it out. I have already upgraded the memory, and added XP Pro plus Office 2003 now all that other stuff I won't need. But good looking out.

I bought a VAIO desktop @ the end of the year, and I am impressed w/ this machine, I got one of the big boys w/ the 19" LCD and 300GB HD... I haven't put it to the test yet, but i am very comfident that its gonna do erthang that I need

Back