song in A minor

JSU*Toi

by Alicia Keys...

This has to be one of the best cd's i have got this year... Has anybody else got the cd? if so what do you think about it?

I think my favorite songs are

Fallen,Girlfriend and troubles

I haven?t bought the CD but I did take a listen on the web site and I enjoyed it greatly.
I have to wait until Tuesday to get it though?that?s when I can trade in my old CDs for a new one at Wherehouse Music.

I like the Girlfriend joint.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Very nice CD...

I really like Troubles & Why Don't You Call Me Anymore. I saw her perform live a couple of weeks ago. Just her on the piano. The lady has skills. She tore up Why Don't You Call...

This is a must for anyone that loves adult vocals. No faking in her voice. She can sing.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Man I love this CD. Its the best to come out in a while. I can just let it play. I like all of the songs. Its sold out in Gainesville.

Did yall see her on 106 & park? She sang Mary J's "Real Love" and sounded better than mary does on the song. Nothing in the world can replace talent.

I guess that I'll hit the mall before it closes today at 6. If you all are giving such <b>glowing</b> reviews, I have to have it.

I do like her first single off the album (Fallen) and I may have to get the CD.....

Click the pick to listen to the album

I've heard ssome of the album off the net.

It's aiight, I guess...it'll probably just have to grow on me.

But why did she even ATTEMPT to do a remake to Prince's "How Come You DOn't Call Me"??? That was garbage! :mad:
Man...if you're not gonna do ANY justice to the original, LEAVE THE DAYUM SONG ALONE!!!:redhot:

She did lose points there...

Pure Garbage

I didn't like this CD at all....I don't think she can even grow on me.:rolleyes:

It's only 1 or 2 songs on the entire CD that sound like anything.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I loved fallin' the very first time I heard the song and saw the video. I think Alicia has a true gift. The girl can sing!! I'm going to get her CD the first chance I get.

Re: Pure Garbage

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
I didn't like this CD at all....I don't think she can even grow on me.:rolleyes:

It's only 1 or 2 songs on the entire CD that sound like anything.
I have to agree with you Dtown. I went to the store to see what the hype was about and I just didn't feel her. She has a pretty voice and she has skills on the piano but its just something missing. I really was dissapointed in the Prince remake and I will leave it at that. I don't know maybe I need to give it another listen and maybe she will grow on me.....,

However, she did make me want to go back and listen to a talented female pianist from back in the day. Patrice Rushen!!!!!!

Debuts @ #1

Her album debuts at #1 on the BillBoard Top 200.

R&B singer/songwriter Alicia Keys sings of "Fallin'," but her star is rising ? her first album, Songs in A Minor, will debut at the top of Billboard's 200 albums chart next week.

Keys' album sold more than 235,000 copies last week, according to SoundScan data released Wednesday.

Her single "Fallin' " ? a moody, piano-driven ballad topped with lush vocal and string arrangements ? has garnered heavy radio play, as has a remix featuring Busta Rhymes. Keys' label, J Records, also credited the album's success to her recent performances on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" and "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

I haven't heard that one song to make me vibe yet

I'm not feeling Falling or whatever the name of the song is. I admit that she is pretty. I saw her on 106 and Park. She has talent....but how many other pretty women have sat down and bammed out a tune on the piano. Can you say Angela Wimbush? How about bamming out an original tune next time you're on TV sweetie! This isn't your high school talent show anymore. Let me hear what YOU'VE got!!! I don't think I'll be buying her joint but I will download it.

Many have attempted to redo a Prince classic. Other than D'Angelo's "She's Always In My Hair", I haven't heard one that I like yet.

Jill Scott send help

Ok

Originally posted by blaquebuterfly
Hmmm... why does this thread seem so familiar?????

http://www.swacpage.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=4394

Wasn't there some "rule" about posting the same topic or something.... :confused:

Well, you know what I think of the CD.

Making an Attempt at not being a smart ares

Well in this case I did not know you started the same thread. But maybe if the title had something to do with the Album or the Artist this would not have happen. But the key term in that statement was Maybe :rolleyes: :p :eek:

*ATL ... the VP of Chin Check Policing for DGAF, Inc.

The CD is aight. However, since DTown doesn't like it, instead of buying it, I will just get hers! :D

Re: *ATL ... the VP of Chin Check Policing for DGAF, Inc.

Originally posted by Vinita
The CD is aight. However, since DTown doesn't like it, instead of buying it, I will just get hers! :D

Girl, I didn't purchase that mess....my co-worker burnt it and I listened to hers.

It is recorded on my real player here at work tho.:p

Re: Ok

Originally posted by SexyASSJSU*ATL

Making an Attempt at not being a smart ares

Well in this case I did not know you started the same thread. But maybe if the title had something to do with the Album or the Artist this would not have happen. But the key term in that statement was Maybe :rolleyes: :p :eek:

not a problem... maybe I will do a better job of naming my post next time....

:rolleyes:

I thought this thread was about Alicia Keys ...

... not who started talking about her first ...

I dunno ...

MAYBE I was mistaken!

:rolleyes: :p :D

Back