Some High School Football Programs going "Big-Time" Too

All of the above is why I appreciate Jack Yates High School. No stadium, inadequate weight facilities and inadequate practice facilities. In spite of all,
still trying to compete.

LMBH said:
... I don't wish to see school overcrowded, but ten high schools with an enrollment of near 2000+/- within about a twenty-five mile stretch seems a bit extreme.

We have 24 public high schools in our school district (with 2 more under construction) and they all have about 2000 students. Each has its own stadium that will seat about 4000 or so.

I read about these ISD stadium complexes above. Are these facilities shared by the schools, built for individual schools, or a mixture of both?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
dacontinent said:
I read about these ISD stadium complexes above. Are these facilities shared by the schools, built for individual schools, or a mixture of both?

In my district for the most part they are shared by all the schools, but mostly for the varsity sports. All of the high schools and middle schools do have a on-campus stadium for football. The high schools stadium is used for track, soccer and non-varsity football.

the band fan said:
Hall Stadium is an updated Mercer....very basic if you ask me. FBISD could've stepped up and "Galena Parked" their stadium but they did not want to get into a situation where the East Side (majority minority) schools have better facilities than the West Side (majority white and upper class)

Shameful...old habits die hard... :lecture:

Back