So much for DJ Durkin being a coaching pariah

The training staff will or are getting the blame for the kid's death, not Durkin. Coaches couldn't even be in attendance at that workout. The school even said so. So, it's business as usual. Durkin should be able to resume his career.

The facts are Durkin was reinstated and was only let go AFTER a public outcry. The University of Maryland reinstated Durkin after their investigation. So, miss me with all the mob mentality, putting emotion over facts. I really believe some of you all more than anything have a hard on for trying to get White people but especially White men back for what you all perceive as past transgressions against you or Black people in general. Durkin is not liable for that kid's death and Durkin should be able to resume his career.

Reactions: J C
Black folks consume too much media and don't read the facts. Even if you read what ESPN wrote they cited anonymous sources and stated the University of Maryland did not find Durkin liable for that guy's death. I'm Black too and I know us. I can tell when we are spouting off and haven't gotten any foundational knowledge of a situation.

Not for an off-season workout where the coach couldn't be present.
He was present according to the school.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports...s/bs-sp-durkin-mcnair-workout-0713-story.html

DJ Durkin was at workout where Jordan McNair was carted off, according to summary released by Maryland
Don MarkusContact ReporterThe Baltimore Sun

Third-year Maryland football coach DJ Durkin was present at the May 29 workout when redshirt freshman offensive lineman Jordan McNair was hospitalized, according to a summary of events released by the university Thursday.

McNair, 19, who was treated by the team’s trainers and then transported to a local hospital before being airlifted to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, died June 13. The former McDonogh star’s cause of death has not been revealed.

He was present according to the school.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports...s/bs-sp-durkin-mcnair-workout-0713-story.html

DJ Durkin was at workout where Jordan McNair was carted off, according to summary released by Maryland
Don MarkusContact ReporterThe Baltimore Sun

Third-year Maryland football coach DJ Durkin was present at the May 29 workout when redshirt freshman offensive lineman Jordan McNair was hospitalized, according to a summary of events released by the university Thursday.

McNair, 19, who was treated by the team’s trainers and then transported to a local hospital before being airlifted to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, died June 13. The former McDonogh star’s cause of death has not been revealed.

What does "present" mean? Does that mean he was out there with the players working out? Or, that he was in the football facility?

So we caping up for coaches who let a kid die on his watch?

Is this what’s hot in the streets?

It don't matter. Saban going to do whatever he wants at Bama. What they gone do? Fire him?

Yes, he could hire him as a consultant. Nobody wouldn't say a word.

The National Media would though and go out their way to destroy him, Bama and David Duke. Lol. That would be ugly for them. Saban is powerful we know. But not enough to withstand a person like David Duke. DJ Durkin getting hired is nothing compared to hiring an open racist especially with Alabama’s history.

The National Media would though and go out their way to destroy him, Bama and David Duke. Lol. That would be ugly for them. Saban is powerful we know. But not enough to withstand a person like David Duke. DJ Durkin getting hired is nothing compared to hiring an open racist especially with Alabama’s history.

DJ Durkin is Mother Theresa compared to David Duke.

Reactions: JR
Back