So I'm the only nerd on HBCU Sports forum fascinated by the Falcon Heavy Launch?

pvdogteam

Who ya rootin' for? PVU
I thought it was a crazy display of hard work above advanced level mathematics at work and as an engineer I thought it was superhero level achievement by a private corporation. Still trying to figure how the roadster will stay in tack in the harshness of outer space for a billion year journey

Simulation

The actual launch

No. I watched it. I like very science and technology. I have watched it over and over. Just amazed at the achievement Musk and his team made.

There are a bunch of space geeks on here, I enjoyed the launch, it's always fun watching "good" history in the making. Musk is giving NASA a run for their money, and truth be told, decades from now, NASA will not be a big part of the space race when it comes to building space transportation.

There are a bunch of space geeks on here, I enjoyed the launch, it's always fun watching "good" history in the making. Musk is giving NASA a run for their money, and truth be told, decades from now, NASA will not be a big part of the space race when it comes to building space transportation.
Actually NASA loves the fact that Elon Musk is doing this. The traditional NASA contractors are the ones panicking. It's not a competition with the agency at all.

Actually NASA loves the fact that Elon Musk is doing this. The traditional NASA contractors are the ones panicking. It's not a competition with the agency at all.
It is if funding gets redirected to the private industry, which would affect both federal and contracted personnel.

It is if funding gets redirected to the private industry, which would affect both federal and contracted personnel.
But which funding? NASA contracts out most of this type of stuff already so that won't be much of a change. SpaceX already has Commercial Crew and CRS contracts with NASA. They can't do much with its rockets and without using NASA infrastructure.

Back