So I decided to give the black owned MNVO a try

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
I've been posting about it since last year in the "On Da Yard" forum and decided to give em a try (I mean it's only $45 a month and that plan has plenty of data even if I only average about 3-4 GBs a month total)

Man a headache of enormous proportions smh

The site was buggy and it wouldn't take my address (Red flag 1) which is the same one I've stay at forever

Then I try to port my number over and enter my payment info and it wouldn't take it due to insufficient funds (the same account I paid em with). Tried it two more times with no success

Contact their "support" and they said it was rejected due to "port credentials" yet my account was charged THREE times on Tuesday within 10 minutes after contacting them

They tried to port it again (after waiting almost 24 hours for a response) and they told me to check my account and PIN nubmers again. At this point I was like "F it" and reactivated with my current service to be safe (although I know even if your service is past due, you got 30 days before you lose your number)

Contacted them again and they said once again to check the numbers and didn't hear back from them again.... until I tagged them on Twitter typing this same story when the account wanna get sassy and said it was my current provider rejecting the port and they paid back all of my money.... except they didn't and I had proof.

But they said to "support black owned" though smh

But they said to "support black owned" though smh

I know the feeling. There are some black owned businesses that I have tried my best to patronize. SMH, I just gave up on them. But lets not allow the bad experiences to sour us on all black businesses. Just saying.

That's why I don't like the idea of "black business".

Because there are all sorts of negative stereotypes associated with black businesses. Stereotypes that all the stakeholders of the business are aware of - customers, suppliers, employees, lenders, managers, advisors, and ultimately the owners. So many that they tend to become self-fulfilling prophecies.

People expect these negative stereotypes, so that's all they see. That's all they experience. That's all they can offer. Lower performance based on lowered expectations.

That's why I don't think anyone should be able to tell your business is Black-owned. I believe in just having a BUSINESS. Not a Black business. Simply a business. That strives to be the best business of its type in its market. Have the best product. Provide the best service. In the cleanest office. With the most professional and courteous staff.

We've got to see ourselves as outstanding businessmen and businesswomen. "Black business" is too self-limiting - self-defeating - when we let lowered expectations define us.

JMHO

if they are the strong-arm type, they'll use the term for incentives

But I'm like you, in today's society just run it like a business as your success will have to be other races if you want to grow at a faster rate. If you own a restaurant in a black area, the key is make sure the whites who dine will be comfortable and if they do, they'll grow the business faster as that's another customer base you can tap in to.

I know the feeling. There are some black owned businesses that I have tried my best to patronize. SMH, I just gave up on them. But lets not allow the bad experiences to sour us on all black businesses. Just saying.

Oh it won't and if I had access to a couple of billion I would run all of the other race grifters out of our neighborhoods and strengthen our black businesses here in this area (and go from there). We already got enough against us for me to hold it against all black businesses (generally when I am traveling I TRY to go out of my way to support one only to see in most cases it's owned by an "other")

But I am also not about giving black businesses a pass just because they are black. In this case, it's terrible customer service. Very terrible. They can't even do a basic service of porting a phone number

if they are the strong-arm type, they'll use the term for incentives

But I'm like you, in today's society just run it like a business as your success will have to be other races if you want to grow at a faster rate. If you own a restaurant in a black area, the key is make sure the whites who dine will be comfortable and if they do, they'll grow the business faster as that's another customer base you can tap in to.

You're kinda contradicting yourself though. On one hand I think you're saying to just run a good business( which I agree with) but then you say that you should go the extra mile to make whites feel comfortable if you own a business in a Black area which I dont agree with at all.

My dad was a business owner in a blue collar white area before it changed. In those days, you were already at a disadvantage let’s be honest so you got to be on your Ps and Qs.

but they never promoted it as a black business - others do it for you like the meac and swac don’t call it an hbcu championship. That’s what mainstream calls it and if it bites and pays - keep doing what your doing.

run the business the right way people will see past color. if you can make money and be known as a black business even better.

I’ll support a black first by any means but like any business I hope to get a quality product and it’s consistent.

I’ll support a black first by any means but like any business I hope to get a quality product and it’s consistent.

That's all I want plain and simple

Not a sassy response on Twitter and backing yourself into a corner with a lie

Back