Sister Souljah

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
Ok, this hefa is bad.....I was granted the privilege to see her about two weeks ago at "Girlfriends Coffee Talk", here in Dallas and this lady is deep. She rocked the house. I bought her book "The Coldest Winter Ever" and I'm enjoying it tremendously. Souljah is awesome and I had the pleasure of meeting her and getting my book personalized by her. I've only read a couple of chapters just because I haven't really had the time nor the energy to read lately, but what I've read so far has been good.

She's received rave reviews on the book but I'd like to hear more about it and other books she's written. Have any of you read them? If so, give a sista some feedback.

Peace

Also,

Does anyone know the title of the first book Souljah wrote, the one before "The Coldest Winter Ever"?

I read The Coldest Winter Ever earlier this year. Excellent, excellent, excellent. She's on a whole different level than many fiction writers. I was literally reading the book riding on the elevator and anywhere else I could squeeze in a page or two. I rate it in the top 10 books I've ever read in my life. Let's discuss when you finish. Don't want to give anything away.
I haven't read anything else by her. Post when you hear of her ever appearing in Dallas in the future. I would love to hear her speak.

That book was recommended by

one of my female friends.. I never got around to reading it.. I think I might pick it up...

Hey D-Town! My sister went to that same event. She was just telling me about it the other night.

I've read <i>The Coldest Winter Ever</i>. It was recommended to me by Prissy_1 and I finished it in two days flat! It was excellent. I can't wait until the film version.

For those in the Houston area, she'll be speaking at Prairie View A&M University tomorrow night, 6:00p.m., All Faiths Chapel.

Originally posted by Tara

I can't wait until the film version.

Me either Tara; she discussed this at the seminar. She's writing the script for it as we speak. Hopefully it'll be out some time next year.

Originally posted by JSTUS
I read The Coldest Winter Ever earlier this year. Excellent, excellent, excellent. She's on a whole different level than many fiction writers. I was literally reading the book riding on the elevator and anywhere else I could squeeze in a page or two. I rate it in the top 10 books I've ever read in my life. Let's discuss when you finish. Don't want to give anything away.
I haven't read anything else by her. Post when you hear of her ever appearing in Dallas in the future. I would love to hear her speak.

Girl everyone has commented on this book in the same fashion as you. I've gotta hurry up and finish it. I'll post a thread for discussion once I'm done.

Oh, and I'll let you know next time she's here. I attempted to log on to her website yesterday, but it's still under construction.

Peace

great reviews

Like the rest of you, I heard it was a GREAT book! I've picked that book up a ga-zillion times only to put it down and buy another one instead. I don't think it took off immediately because no one thought she would be good at writing fiction books since she's always so deep on the real tip. I have to admit that I didn't take her book seriously either. But, I don't think her other book is a fiction book. Don't know the name of it.

ANOTHER book to add to the list...t*sigh* the list continues to grow! When will I EVER have time to read all of the books I want to read? Can a sista get a job reading books for a living? Just wonderin...

Re: great reviews

Originally posted by Jag-Tig

When will I EVER have time to read all of the books I want to read? Can a sista get a job reading books for a living? Just wonderin...

OKay....I feel ya.:D

Back