Sir_Gram Question...

Trust me, I've had some issues (grass) with the Bruhz on my "style" of marching because it is totally different from Psi steps. If there are chapters that step like the Ques well....Imitation is the greatest form of flattery!

I guess things have changed because the PSI was known for the "LOOSENECK", "HUMPBACK", "T..ty Squeezer" type of steps.

Ah I remember the days. We would charge $500 up front just to let other organizations put our "KKPsi" on the advertising poster for their greek show. If they didn't, we would IMMEDIATELY put the word out that we were NOT in the stepshow. Yeah, other greeks would put KKPsi on their advertising poster without extending the invite to us to participate in the show.

As was such a stepper myself that once I crossed Alpha, I was voted STEP MASTER a week after crossing and DIDN'T know an Alpha step to save my life. Oh, but your boy handled up.

I guess things have changed because the PSI was known for the "LOOSENECK", "HUMPBACK", "T..ty Squeezer" type of steps.

Ah I remember the days. We would charge $500 up front just to let other organizations put our "KKPsi" on the advertising poster for their greek show. If they didn't, we would IMMEDIATELY put the word out that we were NOT in the stepshow. Yeah, other greeks would put KKPsi on their advertising poster without extending the invite to us to participate in the show.

As was such a stepper myself that once I crossed Alpha, I was voted STEP MASTER a week after crossing and DIDN'T know an Alpha step to save my life. Oh, but your boy handled up.

Sperm, I think the Psi bros may step differently now than back in the day. But I feel what you are saying. KKPSI had a unique style and like Zock posted........us Zeta Nu bros had an even different flavor than other Psi chapters. We used to step with what we called a 3rd beat instead of just putting the foot down. It would be left foot, then right foot with the heel off the ground and then put the heel down for the 3rd beat.........That was ZN style. Even the way we did the Psi throw was different. I guess things evolve and chapters do things differently.

We used to step with what we called a 3rd beat instead of just putting the foot down. It would be left foot, then right foot with the heel off the ground and then put the heel down for the 3rd beat.........That was ZN style. Even the way we did the Psi throw was different. I guess things evolve and chapters do things differently.

Ah, I bet that was "FUNKY". You got me at my desk trying to put a beat together with the left heel down on "3". Traditionally, the left is down on "1" and the right is down on "3", right. So, what you are saying is when the left comes down, only the right hell goes up, then on "3", the right heel comes down?

"Que Weekend", Spring 89 in Pine Bluff. EX would always make it a point to come to the Greek Show LATE all "G-ed" up with our Suit bags across our back. When we walked into the Gym "Hazzard Gym", while some Kappas were stepping, EVERYBODY started screaming like Prince was there or something. We PURPOSELY walked to the opposite side of the gym so that everybody would notice, about a good 50 EX bruhs deep. One straight line, everybody suited up, Psi stars with us and the step team in front. We get up to the top of the bleachers and just CHILL.

Well, that ruined the show for those Kappas that were stepping.

Ah, I bet that was "FUNKY". You got me at my desk trying to put a beat together with the left heel down on "3". Traditionally, the left is down on "1" and the right is down on "3", right. So, what you are saying is when the left comes down, only the right hell goes up, then on "3", the right heel comes down?

"Que Weekend", Spring 89 in Pine Bluff. EX would always make it a point to come to the Greek Show LATE all "G-ed" up with our Suit bags across our back. When we walked into the Gym "Hazzard Gym", while some Kappas were stepping, EVERYBODY started screaming like Prince was there or something. We PURPOSELY walked to the opposite side of the gym so that everybody would notice, about a good 50 EX bruhs deep. One straight line, everybody suited up, Psi stars with us and the step team in front. We get up to the top of the bleachers and just CHILL.

Well, that ruined the show for those Kappas that were stepping.

Frat, that 3rd beat was funky..... basically you start out on the left foot then when you pick up your right foot.........you put it back down without the heel hitting the ground first(second beat)...........then you let the heel down for that 3rd beat..........

I remember when we were on line.....some of us (JR included:) ) initially had a hard time picking that up. I had to go to remedial step class with my DP. SMH. Of course we all got it down pat and it was something to hear when you got a bunch of us stepping.

Yall are funny! :lol: This is very entertaining!:winkgrin:

I say Sir Gram and Sonny have a step off! When you're done, come sit in my classroom so I can teach you both how its really done! :wavey: Ummm this is about stepping right?

Frat after this weekend you know how I treat young GREEKS that dont know sh*t from sugar.

Keep it Moving, Keep it moving.

We used to step with what we called a 3rd beat instead of just putting the foot down. It would be left foot, then right foot with the heel off the ground and then put the heel down for the 3rd beat.........That was ZN style. Even the way we did the Psi throw was different.
"Kappa Kappa Psi,
Is the Place you want to be ..."
;)

Back