Sin City

pbla

Focus
Has anyone seen this movie SIN CITY? It's one of those Director projects that have a lot of stars in the movie. This movie is loaded with veteran actors and actresses. But anyway the movie SUCKS bigtime.Although as a photographer the cinematography was very tight,award winning IMO, but as for story,it sucked big time for me. :tdown:

I was just about to come in and say "I heard this movie was good".

Ima have peep out what it is about.

To much narration or voice over for me. I tried to watch it twice and went to sleep both times. Rosanne Dawson look good though! :bowdown:

pbla said:
To much narration or voice over for me. I tried to watch it twice and went to sleep both times. Rosanne Dawson look good though! :bowdown:

You mean Rosario Dawson. Yes, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Is she black?

I'm sorry PBLA...but SIN CITY was the schitt! :D

I saw it twice at the theatre and bought the DVD last week.
Everyone I talked to enjoyed it as well.
The cinematography was excellent...captured that comic book feel in just about every other scene. :nod:

As far as the narration goes...that's what MOST of the verbiage in comic book are...NARRATION! :D
Actual dialogue may only account for 40-50% of the actual book. ;)

:idea:
Oh yeah...

Rosario Dawson was aiight in the movie...but Jessica Alba????? :eek: :jump:

I've never seen this one...I'll have to pick it up, and watch for myself. Is this a new movie?

I bought on DVD last week, and I loved it. I'm just sorry I missed it at the theater. Everytime I tried to see it, something came up, and when I finally had the time, it was out of the theaters. Dayum.

NICE

pbla said:
Has anyone seen this movie SIN CITY? It's one of those Director projects that have a lot of stars in the movie. This movie is loaded with veteran actors and actresses. But anyway the movie SUCKS bigtime.Although as a photographer the cinematography was very tight,award winning IMO, but as for story,it sucked big time for me. :tdown:

The movie was just like the comic book.

If you are a comic book "Fan Boy" like I am then you enjoyed it, because it followed the same lineage as Frank Miller's book. If you are not a fan of it, then you would not like it.

Ntelekt said:
I'm sorry PBLA...but SIN CITY was the schitt! :D

I saw it twice at the theatre and bought the DVD last week.
Everyone I talked to enjoyed it as well.
The cinematography was excellent...captured that comic book feel in just about every other scene. :nod:

As far as the narration goes...that's what MOST of the verbiage in comic book are...NARRATION! :D
Actual dialogue may only account for 40-50% of the actual book. ;)

:idea:
Oh yeah...

Rosario Dawson was aiight in the movie...but Jessica Alba????? :eek: :jump:

eeeeh I ain't messed up about it. :spin:

Rosario Dawson is Black. Anyway that's the reason I bought the DVD:D. I probally watch it again Saturday morning. All books and novels the author reveal the characters thoughts, but screeenplays are mostly visual. I understand what the director was doing as for using VO(voice over),he was or they were trying to bring the novel experience to the screen where you get to hear the characters' thoughts.Just imagine what The Color Purple would be like if Steven Spielberg had chosen VO for character thought revelation.

SUfinest, let us know what you think about the movie.:D

pbla said:
eeeeh I ain't messed up about it. :spin:

Rosario Dawson is Black. Anyway that's the reason I bought the DVD:D. I probally watch it again Saturday morning. All books and novels the author reveal the characters thoughts, but screeenplays are mostly visual. I understand what the director was doing as for using VO(voice over),he was or they were trying to bring the novel experience to the screen where you get to hear the characters' thoughts.Just imagine what The Color Purple would be like if Steven Spielberg had chosen VO for character thought revelation.

SUfinest, let us know what you think about the movie.:D
oh, nevermind...someone posted something about the movie mimicking some comic book. I don't usually enjoy those types of movies.

pbla said:
I understand what the director was doing as for using VO(voice over),he was or they were trying to bring the novel experience to the screen where you get to hear the characters' thoughts.Just imagine what The Color Purple would be like if Steven Spielberg had chosen VO for character thought revelation.

The Color Purple was not a comic book, which is why VO would not parlay. Again, this movie was designed for comic book fans. I hated the movie Spawn because they deviated from the comic book. Spawn was one of the most popular titles in history, yet they made two of the black characters white to appeal to the non-comic fan audience. What they found out was that the white guys that loved the comic got mad at this, and ripped the movie.

Makaho 2.0 said:
The Color Purple was not a comic book, which is why VO would not parlay. Again, this movie was designed for comic book fans. I hated the movie Spawn because they deviated from the comic book. Spawn was one of the most popular titles in history, yet they made two of the black characters white to appeal to the non-comic fan audience. What they found out was that the white guys that loved the comic got mad at this, and ripped the movie.
First I love that sig of pep!

I used to read comic books. Ironman was the shat for me. But that was probally before your time youngblood.:D

pbla said:
First I love that sig of pep!

I used to read comic books. Ironman was the shat for me. But that was probally before your time youngblood.:D

When you have issues of X-Men number 6-100 then holla about who is really a youngblood. lol

And Pep does have skillz!! Treach was a fool to leave dat woman.

:D

Back