Simply Redd.......R.I.P.

RIP Simply Redd! Prayers go out to the little ones, family, and others who will undoubtedly be shaken up by this untimely death! :(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hello TSPN, it has been quite some time since I have posted on the board, I haven't been around in a while. I just started back to reading the boards last Friday. I was at work bored & I decided to come to the page, to see what was going on & I sent Redd a text message about it. She told me it kept her sane. LOL Niqueta has been my best friend for the last 4 1/2 almost 5years. I met her thru another message board by way of TSPN & some of you know what board I am referring to. But anyway, I still remember the very first time we talked, she sent me a message & instantly we bonded. We have many things in common. Redd & I have been through a lot together, we went from being best friends to sisters/sorors. I love her more than words will ever express to me. Just a couple of months ago she was helping me plan my wedding & she kept telling me "look, yall need to go ahead & set a date, once a date is set then we can make things more definate." Redd was to be my maid of honor & she also was going to make my vaile. Well when my fiance' & I finally set the date for our wedding I gave her the date, I told her "Redd, we finally set a date, we decided on March 27,2010." Niqueta's exact words to me were "Ummmm that's not going to work for me!" I was like "WTH you mean that date isn't going to work for you? I'm the one getting married, not you!" Niqueta simply stated to me "Omega, I know you don't want to hear it or except it, but you know I am sick, I have a bad heart & I'm not going to make till next year. I want to see you walk down the aisle, I want to be there for you & help you plan everything. So if you want me to be apart of your special day, yall need to get married THIS YEAR." I told her I wasn't trying to hear that, she was going to see me get married & she was still going to be around, because I wasn't letting her go anywhere, she wasn't leaving me!
Redd would try to talk to me about it & help prepare me for this, but I always changed the subject & brushed it off. I have sooo many memories with my bestie. Everytime Redd & I would see each other it was always a weekend thing, 2-3days. But she came to Houston at the end of April & she stayed with me for 6 days. We went to Louisiana together the first weekend in May for our sorority/fraternaty annual Mayfest weekend...the entire time leading up to Mayfest she told me we were going to have a blast, it was her mission to have a "damn good time, if it was the last thing I do!" We were just making plans to see each other at the end of June in Shreveport,La for our frats Convention & then she was coming back to Houston with me to stay a few days, then going back home & in July we were going to Essence Festival because I've never been to Essence in New Orleans. She was making sure that I had a chance to experience it & then we would see each other again the next 2 weeks in July for weddings. I had no idea that when I spent those 6days with her in May that would be the last time I would see her, I had no idea that when I told her good night on Saturday night that would be the last time I would tell my best friend good night.
I sent her a instant message on yahoo messenger Sunday evening at 6:59pm & I didn't get a response, I didn't think anything of it, but when I saw a status message on facebook & our soror called me & I logged back into my instant messenger around 9something Sunday night & saw the message from her sister to me, I lost it! My best friend/sister/soror became my Guardian Angel on May 31,2009.:angel2: I thank GOD that He blessed us with each other. Redd was a true friend to me. She loves me unconditionally & she was always there when I needed her & even when I didn't need her. I love her & I miss her so much. This is hard for me, & I'm helping the family with things for her funeral, so that's extra hard on me. But it really lifts my spirits & puts a smile on my face when I read everyone's comments about her here on TSPN, SF's & Facebook. & I thank you all for the kind words & support & I know her family appreciates it. Please keep us all in your prayers. People that I don't know have sent me messages with their condolences...she would talk about me to other people, so that tells me I am an important person to her. I love her & she never complained about anything, LOL She was here in Houston in the hospital, she was complaining about the food. But she never complained about her heart or the pain.
I love you Niqueta Ar'chunna-Nicole "OmegaRedd" Williams, no one will ever replace you in my life & you will always be "My QTPi" sleep well sis & I will see you again soon. & Thanks for telling me this morning that you are fine.

:bawling::heart::no:

Last edited:
Hello TSPN, it has been quite some time since I have posted on the board, I haven't been around in a while. I just started back to reading the boards last Friday. I was at work bored & I decided to come to the page, to see what was going on & I sent Redd a text message about it. She told me it kept her sane. LOL Niqueta has been my best friend for the last 4 1/2 almost 5years. I met her thru another message board by way of TSPN & some of you know what board I am referring to. But anyway, I still remember the very first time we talked, she sent me a message & instantly we bonded. We have many things in common. Redd & I have been through a lot together, we went from being best friends to sisters/sorors. I love her more than words will ever express to me. Just a couple of months ago she was helping me plan my wedding & she kept telling me "look, yall need to go ahead & set a date, once a date is set then we can make things more definate." Redd was to be my maid of honor & she also was going to make my vaile. Well when my fiance' & I finally set the date for our wedding I gave her the date, I told her "Redd, we finally set a date, we decided on March 27,2010." Niqueta's exact words to me were "Ummmm that's not going to work for me!" I was like "WTH you mean that date isn't going to work for you? I'm the one getting married, not you!" Niqueta simply stated to me "Omega, I know you don't want to hear it or except it, but you know I am sick, I have a bad heart & I'm not going to make till next year. I want to see you walk down the aisle, I want to be there for you & help you plan everything. So if you want me to be apart of your special day, yall need to get married THIS YEAR." I told her I wasn't trying to hear that, she was going to see me get married & she was still going to be around, because I wasn't letting her go anywhere, she wasn't leaving me!
Redd would try to talk to me about it & help prepare me for this, but I always changed the subject & brushed it off. I have sooo many memories with my bestie. Everytime Redd & I would see each other it was always a weekend thing, 2-3days. But she came to Houston at the end of April & she stayed with me for 6 days. We went to Louisiana together the first weekend in May for our sorority/fraternaty annual Mayfest weekend...the entire time leading up to Mayfest she told me we were going to have a blast, it was her mission to have a "damn good time, if it was the last thing I do!" We were just making plans to see each other at the end of June in Shreveport,La for our frats Convention & then she was coming back to Houston with me to stay a few days, then going back home & in July we were going to Essence Festival because I've never been to Essence in New Orleans. She was making sure that I had a chance to experience it & then we would see each other again the next 2 weeks in July for weddings. I had no idea that when I spent those 6days with her in May that would be the last time I would see her, I had no idea that when I told her good night on Saturday night that would be the last time I would tell my best friend good night.
I sent her a instant message on yahoo messenger Sunday evening at 6:59pm & I didn't get a response, I didn't think anything of it, but when I saw a status message on facebook & our soror called me & I logged back into my instant messenger around 9something Sunday night & saw the message from her sister to me, I lost it! My best friend/sister/soror became my Guardian Angel on May 31,2009.:angel2: I thank GOD that He blessed us with each other. Redd was a true friend to me. She loves me unconditionally & she was always there when I needed her & even when I didn't need her. I love her & I miss her so much. This is hard for me, & I'm helping the family with things for her funeral, so that's extra hard on me. But it really lifts my spirits & puts a smile on my face when I read everyone's comments about her here on TSPN, SF's & Facebook. & I thank you all for the kind words & support & I know her family appreciates it. Please keep us all in your prayers. People that I don't know have sent me messages with their condolences...she would talk about me to other people, so that tells me I am an important person to her. I love her & she never complained about anything, LOL She was here in Houston in the hospital, she was complaining about the food. But she never complained about her heart or the pain.
I love you Niqueta Ar'chunna-Nicole "OmegaRedd" Williams, no one will ever replace you in my life & you will always be "My QTPi" sleep well sis & I will see you again soon. & Thanks for telling me this morning that you are fine.

:bawling: I was doing better with the crying, but just broke down again..

Sorry to hear that we lost Redd and I had the opportunity to meet her. She came up to me and asked if I was MD and I said yes and we talked for a while. I got the impression that she was shy, but I am happy to know that she enjoyed her time on this earth. RIP.

Speechless!! :no: :cry:
Lord have mercy O. Bless you for sharing this with us.

Omega, thank you for sharing your memories with us. And thank you for contacting me and telling me how much Niqueta admired and loved me. Your words have been so comforting.

I talk to her just last week about re-establishing the Bastrop-Monroe Chapter of Jack and Jill. She was getting an interest group together and preparing to submit the application to me and the RD for June 15th. She wanted her children to grow up in Jack and Jill like she did.

On behalf of the South Central Region and our National Officer, Jack and Jill of America, Inc. extends its heartfelt condolences to the children and family of Niqueta. We acknowledge her extraordinary efforts on behalf of our organization.

Lu's daddy called me today also to make sure I knew about the arrangements. He wanted me to tell the TSPN family thank you for your prayers and outpouring of love.

Still hurts, because you can never prepare to lose someone you love. :(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Re: Simply Redd....

Man, I keep checking in here hoping that someone say "April Fool's" or "Psych" or something! It's just so hard to believe that she's gone!

It's just too much going on!!!!
I only knew her through her posting and I found her to be a sweet and thoughtful person. I am really shocked to hear of this. We really need to acknowledge the lord every day not only in bad times but, in good times. I know I can't make it without talking to him often. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

Y'all the news I got Sunday night was just heartbreaking and shocking to me. I've been pretty emotional about it. I'd only hung out with Redd twice in the years I got to "know" her, but she was such a sweetheart and so cool. We mostly kept in contact through facebook and texts. Everybody she that knew her just loved her. RIP Niqueta.

Prayers go out there her family and friends. Its truly a sad story and she is looking down on her kids, family and friends. So make her proud.

I don't know what to say about that, other than may she rest in peace. She was a aight girl with a cool vibe. At least the PMs told me that.

wow. this is too much! I don't even know what to say! I haven't been on the site in while but dang, I wasn't expecting to come back to this! Lord help us!

Back