Simply Redd.......R.I.P.

Niqueta and I talked last night after the game.

Never had I met a woman I cared for as deeply as I had Redd. She kept me sane after my father died. She made me laugh when I told her I couldn't.

No more 2 a.m. visits to Oschner just because...

I'm at a loss...

Thank you for calling, Jackie. I know Niqueta is at rest and is better now. I just wish I could have had one more moment.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
For once I am at a total lost for words. My heart truly and sincerely goes out to her family. Wow...RIP Simply Redd. WOW!!!

A prayer for Niqueta a/k/a Simply Redd...

Heavenly Father, we come to you in our time of grief asking you for your strength and wisdom. You chose to call one of your children home to be with you. Right now Lord, we are struggling to understand why but we know that it is you that knows when your servant has served their purpose on this earth. As we struggle to come to grips with our loss, we ask that you grant us the courage and the strength to go on with our lives. We know that Niqueta would want us not to worry about her anymore. She is in a better place.
Lord, we ask that you bless the friends, family, associates, and anyone else that had the pleasure of knowing Niqueta. Help them in this tough time. Bless her family. Her mother, her children, her relatives. Help them realize that while she is not here in the physical sense, she will forever be in their hearts and in their minds. It is through them that her name will forever live on. She may not be here to answer their phone call, but will always be there to hear their prayers.
We ask a special blessing for her children. Lead them and guide them as they are struggling to deal with the loss of their mother. Help them understand that their mother is never far away from them. Bless them as they try to keep with the lessons that Niqueta instilled in them. Guide them in the right direction and comfort them. Help them keep their mother in their hearts and in their minds and she will never be forgotten.
Lord, we also ask that you bless her friends. In this time of technology, it is easy to reach out and touch so many lives. Lives of people that you may have never even met. Niqueta is a perfect example of that. She touched the lives of so many. From longtime friends, friends she may have made last week, or friends that she met through various sites on the internet. She touched all of their lives and we ask that you bless them, too. Help us as we try to continue our lives without her. Her spirit will live on in all of us.
Father, we may struggle with dealing with the loss of someone so young and positive. But it is through you that we will get through this. We know that while we may weep tonight, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, JOY will follow in the morning and we will rejoice. While we can't right now, Lord, we know that with you all things are possible.
Heavenly Father, please take Niqueta and wrap her in your loving care. Let her lay her head on your bosom and tell her, "Servant of God, well done. You are no longer hurting. You are in a place where there is no more pain. For you are with your Heavenly Father. Now rest."

These blessings we ask in Jesus name.

Amen

Re: A prayer for Niqueta a/k/a Simply Redd...

Heavenly Father, we come to you in our time of grief asking you for your strength and wisdom. You chose to call one of your children home to be with you. Right now Lord, we are struggling to understand why but we know that it is you that knows when your servant has served their purpose on this earth. As we struggle to come to grips with our loss, we ask that you grant us the courage and the strength to go on with our lives. We know that Niqueta would want us not to worry about her anymore. She is in a better place.
Lord, we ask that you bless the friends, family, associates, and anyone else that had the pleasure of knowing Niqueta. Help them in this tough time. Bless her family. Her mother, her children, her relatives. Help them realize that while she is not here in the physical sense, she will forever be in their hearts and in their minds. It is through them that her name will forever live on. She may not be here to answer their phone call, but will always be there to hear their prayers.
We ask a special blessing for her children. Lead them and guide them as they are struggling to deal with the loss of their mother. Help them understand that their mother is never far away from them. Bless them as they try to keep with the lessons that Niqueta instilled in them. Guide them in the right direction and comfort them. Help them keep their mother in their hearts and in their minds and she will never be forgotten.
Lord, we also ask that you bless her friends. In this time of technology, it is easy to reach out and touch so many lives. Lives of people that you may have never even met. Niqueta is a perfect example of that. She touched the lives of so many. From longtime friends, friends she may have made last week, or friends that she met through various sites on the internet. She touched all of their lives and we ask that you bless them, too. Help us as we try to continue our lives without her. Her spirit will live on in all of us.
Father, we may struggle with dealing with the loss of someone so young and positive. But it is through you that we will get through this. We know that while we may weep tonight, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, JOY will follow in the morning and we will rejoice. While we can't right now, Lord, we know that with you all things are possible.
Heavenly Father, please take Niqueta and wrap her in your loving care. Let her lay her head on your bosom and tell her, "Servant of God, well done. You are no longer hurting. You are in a place where there is no more pain. For you are with your Heavenly Father. Now rest."

Amen

Amen.
Rest In Peace, Red.

:cry:

Amen

Amen. :cry:

TSPN family...I can't sleep, so I went over to Redd's facebook page to see if anyone posted any details...the following was posted by her son's father:

I don't [know] u dude but this is Lucian's dad. Redd had a heart transplant a lil while back and the heart didn't take. that had her in and out the hosp for a while but she stayed in high spirits of course. well to[day] she made a statement to her grandmother that she didn't feel well and she went lay down. later my son went in the room to wake her up and she didn't get up and her grandma realize she died in her sleep.

:bawling:

Amen

AMEN..Redd see u on the other side..we will take a road trip in heaven to see some football. Love you..

She was one of my best friends and a road dog till the end. I met her in better times, but soon things with her health declined to the point she needed intermittent hospitalization. I believed the sick Redd lived more than the well one. I see the need for her to visit all avenues in life, because her sojourn with us was not guaranteed. It is really hard to express how it is to see someone who is younger than me die. I prepared myself for the eventuality when she had the transplant, noting that the survival rate after 6 years was not very good. I woke up this morning to check my email and I see this. I am still shook.

Amen
Simply beautiful. :)

Amen

Amen...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I will never forget her kind words and prayer before my son's 4th heart surgery, and I couldn't help but think about her last week while my son was in the hospital for 7 days. She will not be forgotten by me and I look forward to seeing her soon. She died a peaceful death, and immediately stepped into her new spiritual body to rejoin the Father. I asked God if He could tell her I said hello, and I'll see her soon.

I didn't know her, but I remember her pretty pics and her inspiring posts.

May she Rest In Peace.

Amen

I too, say Amen, to that!

R.I.P. Redd...No more pain, sorrow...You're in a much better place now..
This is total shock!

RIP, Redd.
No more pain and suffering.

My thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones and all the lives Redd touched.

Oh my.......this is so sad. Prayers up to her family and all the friends who lives she touched.

Back