Simmons to TxSU?

I can’t wait to talk see lilc reaction after this fall and next. People talking about it because Brian is hot right row. Get over the fact he from SU. Probably half the swac have or have had Juke alumni on staff. What other school can say that?

Can't override someone contract. That would've been the thing to do the moment the job came open. But alas...our interim administration, like the last one doesn't see the band bringing dollars and footprint. So the band takes a backseat to a backseat. Bring green, TSU will listen nahmean?
It is a damned shame how some HBCUs view their bands.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I can’t wait to talk see lilc reaction after this fall and next. People talking about it because Brian is hot right row. Get over the fact he from SU. Probably half the swac have or have had Juke alumni on staff. What other school can say that?
Get over it? You can't tell me anything about MY hbcu and the band where I put in work. Go push your tuning slide all the way in somewhere or blow the snot out of a classical tune on stage for a stage performance like you're USED to and worry about your own.

It is a damned shame how some HBCUs view their bands.
The bands ain't pushing research. They do some community "clinics", school notoriety and "crankfest"....but research, bringing grant money...not happening. It could be MORE to the culture that bands give and way more that hbcus do for their bands. It's a culture-wide lack of college administration creativity. And when I say that, I only mean hbcus because PWI bands and what they do when they do it is uh...boring.
PV should have the Rose Bowl pics all over campus. All the new stuff on campus and those pictures aren't everywhere. That's footprint way in California. Ijs...

Can't override someone contract. That would've been the thing to do the moment the job came open. But alas...our interim administration, like the last one doesn't see the band bringing dollars and footprint. So the band takes a backseat to a backseat. Bring green, TSU will listen nahmean?
That's what I mean. It's too late now, this would have been the thing to do when the job was actually open.

That's what I mean. It's too late now, this would have been the thing to do when the job was actually open.
Yeah I agreed on that. In the clutter above see what I was saying. But again...personally why an su grad and not seek out abTnSU grad if they just didn't want to hire any of the many Ocean alum we have? Ijs...you and I could go all day on why I prefer TnSU and TnSU sound over su but I gather you know exactly where I stand on that and why

Get over it? You can't tell me anything about MY hbcu and the band where I put in work. Go push your tuning slide all the way in somewhere or blow the snot out of a classical tune on stage for a stage performance like you're USED to and worry about your own.
Sounds like you need to take a chill pill.

I’m interested to see how his arrangements change. Obviously TXSU’s trumpets aren’t as strong as SU’s, but the Ocean has had the best euphoniums in the SWAC for a while.

I want to see how he arranges for the Ocean’s tubas as well. I loved how SU’s tubas had crazy moving parts like a bass in a New Orleans jazz band.

I’m interested to see how his arrangements change. Obviously TXSU’s trumpets aren’t as strong as SU’s, but the Ocean has had the best euphoniums in the SWAC for a while.

I want to see how he arranges for the Ocean’s tubas as well. I loved how SU’s tubas had crazy moving parts like a bass in a New Orleans jazz band.
It’s gone be great! The other TxSU Alumni can learn a thing or too. He is a musical genius in the arrangement department. I’m excited to see him grow. This may pave the way for younger band directors to get an opportunity of this magnitude so young.

It’s gone be great! The other TxSU Alumni can learn a thing or too. He is a musical genius in the arrangement department. I’m excited to see him grow. This may pave the way for younger band directors to get an opportunity of this magnitude so young.
This is exactly why I don't buy into the someone is too young for the job. It all depends on a person's mindset. Now, if he gets there and tries to be buddies with the boys and get with the girls, that's where the problem will be. I'm sure he will draw a hard line to let the students know that he is not their friend but at the same time, he is someone they can come to with any issues.

Speaking of his arrangements, I love what he did with Barry White's Love's Theme. He can definitely be put in the category with the late Mr. Knighten and the other great Southern arrangers. His pen is on point.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Nate had a job after SU - he’ll need to try and get that back first and lay low if he can
I know there were rumors of him going to TxSU before he went in, but I think I heard him say he was working at an elementary school or something in the last interview he did before he turned himself in. What was the job?

How much you have to lose betting against the notion that a convicted felon won't get that job in the state of Texas?

I don’t know the laws of Texas lol.
It’ll be shame if they kept him for working there if that’s the case.

Is it true Simmons been suspended ??? A source emailed me today a alumni they're saying Redding is in charge idk how true this is but any word on this ??

not sure but anyone who knows about culture is you better skate lightly with this generation. You take them out their comfortable element and they dont like you? It's over. You don't know who is pulling the strings behind the scenes and using the students to carry out agendas.

not sure but anyone who knows about culture is you better skate lightly with this generation. You take them out their comfortable element and they dont like you? It's over. You don't know who is pulling the strings behind the scenes and using the students to carry out agendas.

what is going on? Simmons is a young guy himself he isn’t too far in age from some of the students

what is going on? Simmons is a young guy himself he isn’t too far in age from some of the students

I don’t know but if you were cool with the last BD or staff and this new guy comes in and makes it hard for you or changes/calls you out on your bad habits what you think will happen?

Back