Should The Heritage Bowl

BISON-2K1

Be a preseason Classic matching up the top 2 teams from the previous season.I still think that TU and GSU would be a good matchup.Even better we could have the top MEAC and SWAC teams play without having to worry about choosing a bowl over playoff participation.

I THINK THEY SHOULD BRING BACK THE HERITAGE BOWL.JUST DON'T HAVE IT AT THE GEORGIA DOME. IT WOULD BE NICE IN HOUSTON OR NEW ORLEANS.I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT ON NBC AGAIN.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Why does this keep getting rehashed? This topic is discussed every two months or so. Nothing's changed. Neither conference is willing to change its stance on what's needed to make it better.

The MEAC has made a decision to go its way and the SWAC has made a decision to its own way. The Heritage bowl is, currently, not in any of the conferences plans.

Regards.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Make the Hertiage bowl weekend an ALL Star game between top HBCU players.

I think that did that before the Heritage Bowl. If I remember correctly it was played in Atlanta and called the Freedom Bowl.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by MightyDog
Make the Hertiage bowl weekend an ALL Star game between top HBCU players.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that did that before the Heritage Bowl. If I remember correctly it was played in Atlanta and called the Freedom Bowl.

BINGO, COMPADRES!

It was played before twice at the old [now it's gone] Atlanta Fulton County Stadium and if I recall, because I attended the first one, attendance was much better here than at the last few Heritage Bowls and the game was played in January.

we black people really need a black college all-star game. try to bring back the freedom bowl, thats a good idea. since our athletes can't get into the senior bowl. i'm sick and tired of going to the senior bowl seeing these atheletes from division 1a schools. every year in mobile its the same ehing. every year i only see 1 or 2 atheletes from a black colleges. this year there was only one player from a black college, and he was from tusskege. if they do bring it back, mobile will be the perfect place to have the game. ladd stadium's capacity is 41,646. we as black people should stand up.

Back