Shirts...

UGA-MF-233.jpg

This is the shirt... :smh:

Father of what?

I refrained comment, but....

I have seen these shirts on Fraternity and Sorority members. I thought they were tacky. I have never seen a Masonic affiliated shirt of that nature (thank goodness). I really don't condone shirts of any kind being worn. That is just my stance. I know people do it every day, but that isn't the point. Some of the less informed members are cheapening the organization(s) (I know everybody ain't P.H.A., but we are all in it together) . I can understand wearing your shirt to lodge meetings (if your dress code allows it), picnics, etc. I do not like seeing guys wearing Masonically themed shirts amongst non-members, especially at parties, clubs, bars, etc. It gives a non-member the impression that Masonry is a play-thing. I ensure you it is not. Despite what some people have done in the past to make it seem as such.

The point is... I am not telling you not to seek this shirt. (if it is in your heart's desire... go for it!). I just got that tingle when I read the thread and noted the particular implication which may result from it. Please recognize these issues.

Masons have a form of recognition that requires no shirt, no hat, no ring, no jacket, no tattoo, or anything of the such.... We have gotten away from what is the standard to assimilate into what is not us.

I am going to rest on that.
Good insight. You'd be surprised at the things I hear. I remember when PHA stood for Party House Animals.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The last I checked BGLO's are not houses of Masonry, so Masonry can not be the father of them.

Good insight. You'd be surprised at the things I hear. I remember when PHA stood for Party House Animals.

Well one thing can be said for the Party House Animal clique.. They ran them Nuwabians off campus with the quickness...

Well one thing can be said for the Party House Animal clique.. They ran them Nuwabians off campus with the quickness...
I know very little of masonry, but the fact that those parties by members of PHA, who took the initials and used them to have the type of parties they had, used to make me wonder... Anywho, what's a Nuwabian?

PHA?? Party House Animals? :cool:

Yeah...I heard some stories about the Lodge at Jackson State. Met one of them back in 96 at a SU/J State game.

I know very little of masonry, but the fact that those parties by members of PHA, who took the initials and used them to have the type of parties they had, used to make me wonder... Anywho, what's a Nuwabian?

Woooo.. you don't even want to know.

I agree..
Why do we purchase these types of shirts? :confused: I saw a new shirt the other day.. "I've been through the Middle Chamber." I was like "What does that mean?" :confused: So, now I am going to wait until I see a "Brother" with this shirt on and I am going to ask "What does this shirt mean?" and "What do you know about it?" :D Grand Lodge is coming up... and there's always young brothers with stupid stuff on... :devil2::devil2:

You know the shirt I do not like the most? The Father of them all shirts. I see that shirt and wonder "Are we on the same level?" I mean Masonry and GLO?

Let's talk... ;)

4 sided = square

Well, i see i done started some stuff on here. Now, what im finna is my opinion! 1st. why do we purchase these shirts? because we are proud of the organization we are in, and what we been through, and no we DONT have to wear these things, but from what i see and think, is that more younger people tend to get these things shirts etc...while older people dont really have or wear paraphanilia because of what they learned or know. i mean its like telling a omega that just crossed not to buy and/or wear a shirt...but like i said youll see the younger crowd with shirts and such on..2nd. you said you dont know what the middle chamber means? if you dont really know,youre not a mason, and if you ask that person about that shirt and they dont know, well you should know what to do. I wouldnt go as far as calling the shirts stupid either, and yes the grand session is coming up on the 2nd weekend of june. and as far the "party house stories" lol, once again my opinion, these tend to come from places that are closer to colleges, said j-state and the "U", (southern) i guess because there are greeks that are there. alls imma say, is that things have changed, and everywhere is not the same.....now im goin enjoy my visit at disney world, have a nice day ladies and gents

Ya'll talk about something else before folks start spilling their guts......:uhoh:

:quiet:

4 sided = square

Well, i see i done started some stuff on here. Now, what im finna is my opinion! 1st. why do we purchase these shirts? because we are proud of the organization we are in, and what we been through, and no we DONT have to wear these things, but from what i see and think, is that more younger people tend to get these things shirts etc...while older people dont really have or wear paraphanilia because of what they learned or know. i mean its like telling a omega that just crossed not to buy and/or wear a shirt...but like i said youll see the younger crowd with shirts and such on..2nd. you said you dont know what the middle chamber means? if you dont really know,youre not a mason, and if you ask that person about that shirt and they dont know, well you should know what to do. I wouldnt go as far as calling the shirts stupid either, and yes the grand session is coming up on the 2nd weekend of june. and as far the "party house stories" lol, once again my opinion, these tend to come from places that are closer to colleges, said j-state and the "U", (southern) i guess because there are greeks that are there. alls imma say, is that things have changed, and everywhere is not the same.....now im goin enjoy my visit at disney world, have a nice day ladies and gents

Bro, I feel you on wanting to represent..........but if you do your history you will see that Masons never took to wearing shirts and para until it hit the college campus. Bro's start treating this as a club instead of a Fraternal body. I was once a t-shirt wearer. But I stop. A t-shirt is just something to advertise but does not say anything about you as a Mason.

Get a ring if you feel you have to show the square and compass.....but be ready to defend your schit to the up most.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I refrained comment, but....

I have seen these shirts on Fraternity and Sorority members. I thought they were tacky. I have never seen a Masonic affiliated shirt of that nature (thank goodness). I really don't condone shirts of any kind being worn. That is just my stance. I know people do it every day, but that isn't the point. Some of the less informed members are cheapening the organization(s) (I know everybody ain't P.H.A., but we are all in it together) . I can understand wearing your shirt to lodge meetings (if your dress code allows it), picnics, etc. I do not like seeing guys wearing Masonically themed shirts amongst non-members, especially at parties, clubs, bars, etc. It gives a non-member the impression that Masonry is a play-thing. I ensure you it is not. Despite what some people have done in the past to make it seem as such.

The point is... I am not telling you not to seek this shirt. (if it is in your heart's desire... go for it!). I just got that tingle when I read the thread and noted the particular implication which may result from it. Please recognize these issues.

I am sure members of BGLO's feel the same about their "Para" being abused in situations unbecoming their organization. Since some Fraternities and Sororities use this as a form of recognition, it may not be as severe as what I have set forth. (if that is not the case, I apologize). Masons have a form of recognition that requires no shirt, no hat, no ring, no jacket, no tattoo, or anything of the such.... We have gotten away from what is the standard to assimilate into what is not us.

I am going to rest on that.

I agree and I wear nothing. If I want to be recognized, I know how to get your attention without anyone else knowing that we have spoken. Even when I was younger, I never wore shirts. I'd every now and then wear a hat or belt. That's about it.

Who came up with the idea for that shirt?

I thought the Masonry was a more SACRED order.

Saw too many Masons during my days on "The Hill" who wanted to be like fraternities, and use their lodge as a substitute for a greek-lettered fraternity. :smh:

4 sided = square

Man wear Your shirt that YOUR money has paid for! I wish a ninja would tell me something about a shirt my money has paid for. I have much respect for Masons since my grandfather was a long time member of the Prince Hall Lodge on Claiborne and Orleans in New Orleans.

I personally dont like shirts dissing other GLO.

I really hate it when other GLO have someone else's colors on their shirt in an attempt to diss. Looking a mess.

Man wear Your shirt that YOUR money has paid for! I wish a ninja would tell me something about a shirt my money has paid for. I have much respect for Masons since my grandfather was a long time member of the Prince Hall Lodge on Claiborne and Orleans in New Orleans.

You trying to get that boy throat cut? :cry:

Did he die or become inactive? and its Basin st, pimpin.

Back