She's Gotta Have It

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Got this on my list to watch.

Anyone started watching it yet on Netflix?

I can't get into it. I gave up after 2 episodes. I Never liked the movie. Spike should've made School Daze into a series instead. His projects are hit or miss. More miss IMO

I can't get into it. I gave up after 2 episodes. I Never liked the movie. Spike should've made School Daze into a series instead. His projects are hit or miss. More miss IMO

It is OK. I think a School Daze project would have been better and if done correctly, would blow "The Quad" crap on BET out of the water.

It is OK. I think a School Daze project would have been better.

I finished it and thought it wasn't bad but he tried to hard to mix elements from some of his other movies into this one.

He totally changed Jamie and Greer's character from the movie and Nola didn't go for women but she ended up with one in the series.

School Daze was a project of the time and that time on black campuses are gone with the new intake process. These kids wouldn't understand or relate to it in that same manner.

Once I got past the first two episodes, I was into it.

The soundtrack was definitely on point.

The characters (Jamie, Mars, & Greer) were slightly different but they grew on me. I think the actors kept the essence what they were all about even though Jamie was definitely different.

I loved the promotion of the Arts. I mean, that was what was so unique about the orginal.

No, @Fiyah DeWanda ain't Tracy but I liked her. I really did. She brought something different to the character that help the observer understand more about Nola and what goes through her head.

Loved the cameo appearances from different people from Spike Lee joints.

Lastly, I don't advise watching this movie alone. Just like in the original and as in most Spike Lee joints, there are some inspired sex scenes that can make one feel some kinda way...LOL

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Last edited:
Finished watching this weekend and enjoyed...

Some shyt Spike was doing too much but that's Spike being Spike...

Cinema-graphics and music/soundtrack was on point...

1990d9a6-186e-4f4c-97eb-966dd8acf210-shes-gotta-have-it-1.jpg

be1716cf-6bb0-4251-b164-61359a6108ee-sghi_101_unit_02425r.jpg

The Original Nola Darling Cameo In 'She's Gotta Have It'

In the episode where Johns appears, Nola anxiously stumbles through an art gallery and can't help but feel a little out of place as she admires an interesting sculpture made out of hot combs. But her mood quickly shifts as soon as Johns, playing an admiring fan, makes her way over to Nola. After a quick hello and plenty of smiles as Nola says, "you look familiar," to Johns' character. If fans of the original film didn't already recognize Johns, they definitely should after hearing that comment. The two share a warm embrace and Johns exits the scene leaving Nola in awe.

shes-gotta-have-it1.jpeg

They just renewed it for a second season. Also DeWanda Wise will have role in a new Captain Marvel movie. Looks like we defintely have a star on the rise.

Last edited:
Back