She Hate Me

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
I rented the long awaited Spike Lee movie ?She Hate Me.? I was satisfied with the movie. I heard of the movie the spring of 2004 and I waited for the movie to hit the theaters but ?She Hate Me? did not open at any theaters in Dallas. After viewing the movie, I would classify this movie as a guy movie. It?s not Oscar material, but it is Spice Channel lite type of viewing.

The movie is about this guy that is the VP of a company that is making a drug to cure AIDS. The FDA rejects the drug and the company begins to destroy company records were that prove that they falsified testing results (similar to M-clone). The VP sees observes the document shredding party and he calls the SEC (The Whistle blower). The company discovers that the VP ratted them out and they tell the SEC that the VP is the one that falsified the records. The company fires the VP and the SEC goes after the VP since the company has identified the VP as the issue. The VP?s assets are frozen.

The VP?s ex-fianc? pops up at his front door because she heard about his hardship. She is a lesbian and she arrives with her girlfriend. They offer him 5 grand each to impregnate each one of them. The ex-fianc? wants to get pregnant the old fashion way, but her girl friend doesn?t want him to poke her, she wants a sample of his fluids and she will do the rest with a turkey baster. He needs the loot so he takes on the challenge.

His ex then gets some of her lezbo friends that want to have baby. She cuts a deal with the woman and for the small fee of 10 grand, each of them can be impregnated by the VP. That is when this movie becomes off the hook. There is this one part with some WNBA like players that is insane. It was out of order when one of the basketball players told the VP that they were going to break him and then she put him in a chokehold when she was riding him.

If you are wondering what made this guy the lucky man: he had a BA from Harvard and an MBA from Wharton.

I have been waiting since the spring of 2004 for this movie. I still remember, Saturday morning running on a treadmill at 24-hour fitness in Lewisville, Tx with my headphones on. I heard that Spike Lee was coming out with a new movie. After the commercial break, a clip from the movie was aired. I damn near fell off the treadmill when I learned the plot of the movie. I remember thinking that damn Spike.

She Hates Me was well worth the wait and it is a movie with a different twist. I watched the deleted scenes and the directories commentary. I watch these bits to fill in gaps occur in the movie.

pv_symbiotic said:
After viewing the movie, I would classify this movie as a guy movie.

Definitely agree!
Overall, I actually liked this movie. Some of those sex scenes really, REALLY could've been left off... but nonetheless, surprisingly good.

She Hate Me is pretty sweet. It should be compulsory viewing for every male 15 and older. :shh:

I will say yes it is worth $19.95 if you are one of those people that that collect black movies.

I can honestly say that She Hate me is better than 50% of the movies that come on Staz in Black.

"...it's time for the weekly show, the perp walk, staring..." I loved that quote from She Hate Me.

pv_symbiotic said:
I heard of the movie the spring of 2004 and I waited for the movie to hit the theaters but ?She Hate Me? did not open at any theaters in Dallas.

Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes: :lol:

Sorry Dallas folks, but I'm on a "I hate Dallas" roll right now cause I went to Houston this past weekend and almost didn't come back. :love: :love: :love: :bowdown:

Anywhoo, I never heard of this movie, but if it's off da chain like that, then will be picking up this weekend. :read: :ebrow:

I recommend watching the deleted scenes and directors commentary.

I have found that watching the directors commentary answer questions when I am watching the movie and mainly when I am thinking to myself "...why in the F did you (director) do that..."

In She Hates Me, the deleted scenes actually help the flow of the movie. I was amazed that the some of the scenes were cut from the final print.

I saw the movie at the theater last spring, and I have mixed emotions about it, because it started out OK, then I thought it got a little out of hand, as most of Spike's lastest works have gotten.

As usual Spike tried to do too much with this movie. He a had a great storyline, and plot, but then it went crazy. Dude losing his job, and being blackballed is one thing. So I could understand being pimped out for the cash to clear his name, and to live, but to tie in Watergate (though it was an interesting story if it's true), the mob, his parents struggles, his ex, and her lover's problems, his former boss' problems (and we still don't know what happened to her), a congressional hearing, a state trial for his prostitution. Just too much for one movie.

There was a reason, this movie wasn't available for wide release. Nonetheless, it was entertaining before it got out of hand.

NICE

yvette23 said:
Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes: :lol:

Sorry Dallas folks, but I'm on a "I hate Dallas" roll right now cause I went to Houston this past weekend and almost didn't come back. :love: :love: :love: :bowdown:

Anywhoo, I never heard of this movie, but if it's off da chain like that, then will be picking up this weekend. :read: :ebrow:

It played at the Tara (independent movie theatre) in the ATL before hitting the video stores. It had limited distribution. It may have also played at Majic's Theatre but I don't vividly remember. I think that some black producers have been testing the waters in handling their own distribution. Marion Van Peeble did the same thing with Bad Ass. It does not look like it is a good move as many pockets of the black community and country miss out.

I think the first Bad Ass by Melvin Van Peeble was the genesis for this philosophy but circumstances different. Daddy Van Peebles did this by opening in Detroit and then Atlanta. His flick eventually became large and the rest is history. The difference is he did it because he had no choice.

Back