Shacking

Been there, done that.

Eventually, the woman is going to expect you to marry her no matter how financially strapped you both are. So if you are not ready, DON'T SHACK!

Shack is when you share the same living space on a continuous basis.

The good thing about shacking is that you really get to know that significant other better. Some time folks get married after dating without sharing the same living space to later find out that the significant other was lazy, you can not get along with, or even worse NASTY. I had some friends in that boat.

When you date, everything is gravy but when you live together there are some type of responsibilities and compromising that goes along with it.

Also when you shack, if stuff doesn't work out, there are no legal ties.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by lovedawg
Shack is when you share the same living space on a continuous basis.

The good thing about shacking is that you really get to know that significant other better. Some time folks get married after dating without sharing the same living space to later find out that the significant other was lazy, you can not get along with, or even worse NASTY. I had some friends in that boat.

When you date, everything is gravy but when you live together there are some type of responsibilities and compromising that goes along with it.

Also when you shack, if stuff doesn't work out, there are no legal ties.

1. The person you marry will be different from the person you date or shack with. It's human nature and it is a good thing. Shacking won't make things better nor more tolerable.
  2. When you are married there are all types of responsibilities and compromising that go along with that. Why waste them both by shacking.
  3. When you shack, if stuff doesn't work out, you will still be emotionally scarred by the soul ties that you accrue. Why take them into another relationship with someone else.
  4. Would you really want to eat a meal after someone has spit all over the food and ground cigarette butts into it? If not, then why shack?
    [/list=1]

Hebrews 13:1-8
    1 Let brotherly love continue. 2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. 3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body. 4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. 7 Remember them which have the rulea over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Originally posted by Suge
Otherwise I feel that if you are going to play house, you might as well playit the right way.

Yeah!!!

Interesting how a relationship such as that is personified by a ragedy living domain.

Well, everybody has an opinion on shacking based on either moral, religious, or no foundation at all but facts of life are real and if we don't look at those, we might sets ourselves for failure.

For example, I was having a 3 year long distance relationship with a gorgeous looking and hot sexy machine sista. Everything was gravy.

But when we started shacking after she moved in with me, I found out that home girl was nasty, lazy, and always with dramas about different issues.

Eventually we broke up.

After that she got married with someone else, had a kid, and now getting divorce.

If I did not shack probably I would be paying the consequences now.

Peace Out

Well..well...

I see yawl still talk'n bout shack'n!
See my signature!

<marquee><font size=6 color=red>DON'T DO IT!</font></marquee>:smh:

Blacknbengal:
Nice is a shackin! Nice is a shackin!
Where is AAMUPrettywoman?

Yeah...DNICE....say it!:p Go on...Are UUUUUU shack'n?
Don't do it...if @ first you don't succeed...dayummittt....don't try...try again. STOP!:cool:

Fiyah:
Thinking back to the conversation at Mikes' & Kema's house.

Hey, I spoke the truth then and now. Don't make me walk over there:). I'm not afraid to say I'M NOT SHACK'N!:cool: People can believe and think what they want to...NEVER DONE IT...NEVER WILL!:swink: :ebrow:

Originally posted by lovedawg
Well, everybody has an opinion on shacking based on either moral, religious, or no foundation at all but facts of life are real and if we don't look at those, we might sets ourselves for failure.

For example, I was having a 3 year long distance relationship with a gorgeous looking and hot sexy machine sista. Everything was gravy.

But when we started shacking after she moved in with me, I found out that home girl was nasty, lazy, and always with dramas about different issues.

Eventually we broke up.

After that she got married with someone else, had a kid, and now getting divorce.

If I did not shack probably I would be paying the consequences now.

Peace Out

Maybe. Question: Do you think that you would have been able to detect her tendencies
  1. had the relationship not been a long-distance one?
  2. had you been able to spend some extended time visiting with her parents and close friends?
  3. had you been able to watch how she interacts is casual, business, and stressful/pressure situations that did not involve your relationship?
    [/list=1]

This inquiring mind wants to know.

NOW...

Originally posted by dacontinent
Would you really want to eat a meal after someone has spit all over the food and ground cigarette butts into it? If not, then why shack?

Say THAT! :nod:

Let the WHOLE church say AMEN!

I didn't want to shack with her, homegirl just came to live to the same area that I was and I told her not to move in with me but her butt ended up bringing herself in da house.

Even though, I was glad that it was like that in a way because if not I could be regreting it if I had married her.

And yes shacking is a sin but we are humans and sometimes physical desires take over the mind.

Like I said before she was a hot gorgeous looking sex machine but there a lot more things needed to make a relationship work.

Shacking is

actually moving in with each other, sharing responsibilities, etc. it's having a roomate, except the roomate is your spouse and you sleep together.

Re: Well..well...

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman
People can believe and think what they want to...NEVER DONE IT...NEVER WILL!:swink: :ebrow:

Well Ms AAMUprettywoman, I believe you are shackin! I believe you've done it and you are still doing it. :look:

If a man and woman are committed to each other for the long term without all of the games, its not shacking. There is no need for a ceremony in order to for two people to make a lifelong commitment. I am no biblical scholar, but I don't believe people during the biblical days wore wedding bans or even held marriage certificates. But they still considered themselves man and wife.

I don't know Same Old G

I'm no bible thumper either, but I think there has long been some form of marital or union recognition between spouses,,, but I don't know. interesting point. maybe somebody else can weigh in with an answer.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by SAME OLD G
If a man and woman are committed to each other for the long term without all of the games, its not shacking. There is no need for a ceremony in order to for two people to make a lifelong commitment. I am no biblical scholar, but I don't believe people during the biblical days wore wedding bans or even held marriage certificates. But they still considered themselves man and wife.

Now you said a mouth full there. That's a whole 'nother thread that can provoke some serious discussion. Very serious. I might run this by my Da and see what he says. Great discussion topic. Yes, yes. Better yet, let me start a new thread.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G

Some wore wedding bands but certificates of marriage were a part of the history at least from the days of Moses. Divorce also required a certificate.

The Biblical Jewish wedding lasted for about a week and was the quintessential public display. The focal point of weddings in the western world is the procession of the bride to the groom at the altar; the highpoint of the Biblical Jewish celebration was the procession of the groom to the bed chamber where his bride awaited him, usually by candlelight.

So, my response still has to be that shacking is shacking and a wedding is a wedding. There is no need for a ceremony in order for two people to make a lifelong commitment. After all, I have one with my children with a certificate of their birth. With my wife, I have a marriage, certificate, and commitment.

A ceremony nor a certificate doth a commitment make. They are simply proper, in order, and legal. Commitment comes from within. I think you ought to want all of them.

And I care because....

Blacknbengal:
Well Ms AAMUprettywoman, I believe you are shackin! I believe you've done it and you are still doing it.

You don't even know me on that level or any other.
But, you're free to believe what you like.:tup:

God knows all...and HE is the only one I'm concerned with and HE knows I'm not shack'n...so it really doesn't matter what you think.;)

Now...MRA because it's not like it's really up for discussion... AGAIN.:spin:

Re: And I care because....

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman

You don't even know me on that level or any other.
But, you're free to believe what you like.:tup:

God knows all...and HE is the only one I'm concerned with and HE knows I'm not shack'n...so it really doesn't matter what you think.;)

Now...MRA because it's not like it's really up for discussion... AGAIN.:spin:
:rolleyes:
MsAAMUprettywoman shackin!
~snicker~

Back