Selling books back to the campus bookstore...

Never did it....................Selling back to the Bookstore.

We used to sit in the UNION outside the bookstore and sell our's to the next person needing it.
One person creeping inside the store spotting people buying books we had.

We got more money than the book store was gonna pay us and the person buying it still paid us less than what the bookstore was going to re-sell to them for.:smash:

I got hip and started buying my books on half.com. Then I would turn around and make swap deals with people who had books I needed. I have made a modest profit this way. I can get 100 dollar books for sometime 15-20, turn around and sell them for 40 bucks after the semester is over. Everyone wins.

What's the most youve got back?

Yesterday i sold back 2 books and got back $124.00

I can't rightly recall, but I do remember walking in the bookstore with books, and walking out with over $200.

Thing is, I could have walked out with $25, and made a profit, because I never bought my books after the Fall semester of my Freshman year. I paid almost $60 for a book that I couldn't sell back because they were not using that edition any longer. After that, I caught 'em busy at the beginning of the semester, walked out with every book I needed, and sold them back at the end.

As an athlete we had to turn our books back into the athletic department at the end of each semester. Now as a grad student, I purchase all my books and I keep them. I wish I was able to keep all my books as an undergrad...

I wished I'd actually purchased some books during undergrad. :confused: I <b>always</b> got w/ the slowest person in class so I could tutor them and @ the same time, I'd use their text for my own studies. :)

I purchased a grand old... 6 books undergrad. Otherwise, I used everyone else's stuff. :emlaugh:

I can't rightly recall, but I do remember walking in the bookstore with books, and walking out with over $200.

Thing is, I could have walked out with $25, and made a profit, because I never bought my books after the Fall semester of my Freshman year. I paid almost $60 for a book that I couldn't sell back because they were not using that edition any longer. After that, I caught 'em busy at the beginning of the semester, walked out with every book I needed, and sold them back at the end.

You Thief!!!

Back