Scientists find "master switch" gene for obesity

A gene controlling obesity.....for everybody fat? Yeah, right. I've never seen people lose hundreds of pounds by altering a gene. A person's diet has more to do with his or her being fat than anything else.

Using a gene as an excuse for being fat makes no sense at all. If that was the case, then fat people would be at the mercy of a gene rather than their diet.
Is it nature or nurture? I lean towards nature. People have control over their own weight if they so choose more than a gene having control over it.

Last edited:
A gene controlling obesity.....for everybody fat? Yeah, right. I've never seen people lose hundreds of pounds by altering a gene. A person's diet has more to do with his or her being fat than anything else.

Using a gene as an excuse for being fat makes no sense at all. If that was the case, then fat people would be at the mercy of a gene rather than their diet.
Is it nature or nurture? I lean towards nature. People have control over their own weight if they so choose more than a gene having control over it.

Yeah, you have control over your weight ultimately but not over how it is distributed unfornutely. I have a small gut. I will have one regardless of what I do. My weight fluctutates up and down but that lil pudge stays the same in proportion to the rest of my body. I once got down to 225 and it was still there. I had ripped up abs sitting on top of a pudge.. :smh: I am seriously considering smart lipo yet to get that shat sucked out.

Back