Satellite Radio

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
Do any of you all listen to Sirius Rado? I am hooked on the BackSpin Channel. Whenever I clean up my home I turn it on to BackSpin and do the damn thang. The updates about the artist are the old school artists are an added plus. I must be old as dirt, because BackSpin considers Tribe Called Quest old skool and I consider Tribe new skool.

When I am about to smoke one (Cigars), I turn it to Reggae Rhythms and jam to the Ganza Music.

I didn't think that Satellite Radio would take off in the beginning, I am happy that I was wrong.

What do you all think of Satellite Radio?

I don't have one, but I've listened to it w/my girl, Vinita. I love satellite radio...I'm thinking about having one installed in my ride. :tup:

I've gotta check out the prices on them, first.

I've been doing some comparisions between XM and Sirrius. XM offers the MyFi player and I like the portability with it, but I'm finding I like the programming with Sirrius. I'll be buying one soon, I just don't know which one.

I remember when I had the same dilemma. My issue was solved when I rented a car with sirius in it. After one weekend of driving the car, the decision was made.

I've had XM Radio for about 2 years and I love it. Sirrus has more programming stations, but XM is adding more. I think Sirrus has a contract, XM has no contract. Until April of 2005, XM was $9.95/month, but since they are adding more stations they are going up to $12.95/month. Either way, satellite radio is the way to go. I love driving out of town and not have to worry about tagging a bunch of CDs around or having to find a radio station in the city I'm passing thru.

I dont go out of town to really benifit from satellite radio. The Expedition has it pre-installed, I just have to pay for the service.

Didnt XM and Surius have a life time plan when they first came out? I remember seeing that on one of the commercial.

Da_Sperm said:
I've had XM Radio for about 2 years and I love it. Sirrus has more programming stations, but XM is adding more. I think Sirrus has a contract, XM has no contract. Until April of 2005, XM was $9.95/month, but since they are adding more stations they are going up to $12.95/month. Either way, satellite radio is the way to go. I love driving out of town and not have to worry about tagging a bunch of CDs around or having to find a radio station in the city I'm passing thru.

I've had it in my ride for 1 year now and I love it too. It was preinstalled in my ride. I was only gonna keep it for the first three "free" months...but got hooked.

I have XM and I love it. For you XM subcribers, the trick is to let your subcription expire for a month (if you can go that long without it). The people at XM will call you to extend a special offer. In our case, they offered us a full year for $60.00 ($5/month). There was no way I was turning that down.

I am told they do this all the time.

SOG, when I first got on the web back in 96, I did that with AOL for about a year. I'd call in to cancel and they would offer me another month or two of free service.

I may use that trick when I purchase the XM receiver in the next month or two.

cat daddy said:
SOG, when I first got on the web back in 96, I did that with AOL for about a year. I'd call in to cancel and they would offer me another month or two of free service.

I may use that trick when I purchase the XM receiver in the next month or two.

U shole right about AOL...I've been doing that, for quite sometime now. :nod:

Back