Sage Steele replaced on ESPN

No one is a product of their environment in their 40's. At that age, you are a product of the decisions you make.

She is a product of how her parents raised her. You think Donald Trump aint a product of his home environment? Wasn't like Sage was trying to escape the HOOD or some bad stuff to learn how to do right and make good decisions. Her comments and thinking is based on HER beliefs and how she views things. And I am willing to bet it started at home. Just like Tiger Woods thinking. It started with Earl Woods. Earl claimed he was of mixed ethnicity and never wanted to be JUST BLACK. So it passed on to Tiger. Sage aint no different.

BTW, I still consider myself a product of 70's and early 80s Jackson, Ms and how my parents raised me. You may do some things differently. But your core system of beliefs are often developed from your home life. If it was a bad life then maybe you change your mentality or if you considered the way you were raised not all that, then you may fall into different beliefs or mindset as an adult.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
She is a product of how her parents raised her. You think Donald Trump aint a product of his home environment? Wasn't like Sage was trying to escape the HOOD or some bad stuff to learn how to do right and make good decisions. Her comments and thinking is based on HER beliefs and how she views things. And I am willing to bet it started at home. Just like Tiger Woods thinking. It started with Earl Woods. Earl claimed he was of mixed ethnicity and never wanted to be JUST BLACK. So it passed on to Tiger. Sage aint no different.

BTW, I still consider myself a product of 70's and early 80s Jackson, Ms and how my parents raised me. You may do some things differently. But your core system of beliefs are often developed from your home life. If it was a bad life then maybe you change your mentality or if you considered the way you were raised not all that, then you may fall into different beliefs or mindset as an adult.
Agreed, but there is too much data out there to continue being as dismissive as she was. She stated that most of the racism SHE encounters is from Black people...did she even take time to look at Jemele Hill's life? Did she consider that maybe Blacks don't like because of what you say rather than how you look? Those same Black folk hate Stacey Dash, too, and she isn't bi-racial. Her comments became more and more opinionated and myopic, and now she's paying for it. I

Agreed, but there is too much data out there to continue being as dismissive as she was. She stated that most of the racism SHE encounters is from Black people...did she even take time to look at Jemele Hill's life? Did she consider that maybe Blacks don't like because of what you say rather than how you look? Those same Black folk hate Stacey Dash, too, and she isn't bi-racial. Her comments became more and more opinionated and myopic, and now she's paying for it. I

That's my point LS. She has been made to believe that her line of thinking is correct. Damn anybody else's life. Her Dad was the first black varsity football player at West Point and of course he was an officer in the Army. Her mother is white and they lived the MILITARY charmed life all over the world. So she don't have that same thinking we do nor does she believes she has to look up a Jemele Hill to see what it means to be black. I bet her old man and Mom told her the other black folks have issues because they don't try hard enough to overcome. Plus she hung with nothing but white folks and other folks. She don't relate to the Jemele Hill's of the world and she thinks they are haters of folks like her. And I bet she got her Republican beliefs from her parents. Daddy probably felt some kind of way as he broke the color barrier on the football team at West Point and got him a white wife along the way. Probably got told he was "different" from the other blacks and then started believing it.

Stacey Dash is just lost. She had different opinions before 2012. I think she did stuff for publicity and it backfired on her.

ESPN president John Skipper spoke out in support of the “SportsCenter” anchor, who was ethered on Twitter earlier this week.

“Sage has done a wonderful job for us in a number of important roles. As previously announced, her ‘SportsCenter’ presence has grown and this week alone she has led our coverage from the men’s Final Four and the Masters,” Skipper told TheWrap on Thursday.

“Sage definitively has a bright and long-term future at ESPN and my complete support,” he added.

sage-steele-and-hair-1s.jpg

Back