Saddam Challenges Bush to Debate

uuum,,, TMade,,,

,, i take it you are less than confident in Bush's mental capacities,,,,, :lol:

I think Ricky Sliley said it best this morning. Why debate? When you debate both sides leave thinking the same way they did when they went in so whats the point?

Re: uuum,,, TMade,,,

Originally posted by Bartram
,, i take it you are less than confident in Bush's mental capacities,,,,, :lol:

Kinda.....sorta....maybe..

I just think Bush loses either way, in a debate with Saddam, that's all. Bush won't get Saddam to admit anything, and Saddam will 'grand-stand' allday. He'll start shouting and pontificating, and if Bush can't match it or out-shout him, then Bush comes across as having been intimidated.

It's just not a situation I'd put him in, that's all. He had trouble debating Gore......

:argue:

You know T-Made,,,

That is a very good point. Good point. It would be a no-win for Bush and Saddam has nothing to lose, seriously. I didn't look at it from that perspective.

Re: Makaho Sanford?

Originally posted by Bartram

Mak, you remind me of Fred Sanford that time he kept tellin' Lamont, "I don't have nothing else to say. I'm gonna be quiet. I ain't gonna say another world.",,, only to keep on weighing in!

:lmao:

Admit it breh,,, you just can't resist weighing in on dem-rep smack! :bump:

Believe me....if a certain mofo hadn't bugged the isht out of me via PM I would have declined to engage in this drivel.

Captain Makaho deployed twice as a result of President Clintons global policy and put foot to foreign azz and had no problem with it. As a matter of fact, I applauded him for doing it. But when Bush wants to do the same thing.....he gets blasted by Clinton nutt swingers. So you tell me who is practicing paritsan political bullisht. I stopped giving a isht a while ago...I will never change your opinions, nor do I desire to.

I lived in Saudi Arabia, Korea, Japan, Germany, and Bahrain..yet I am told I don't know isht about world issues by mofos that have never traveled or lived outside the continental U.S.

I have been a Democrat, Independent, and now a Republican..have been on 6 campaign staffs, and was a G.O.T.V. coordinator for the N.A.A.C.P, yet, I am told by mofos here I don't know isht about politics.

Yeah, what do I know.......theory and perception is a much better teacher than experience and reality.

Re: Re: Makaho Sanford?

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock

Believe me....if a certain mofo hadn't bugged the isht out of me via PM I would have declined to engage in this drivel.

So what were they bugging you about coming on here and saying?

:dude:

North Korea for the 100th time does not have a Nuclear weapon...they are trying to "develop" one.

Hmm, that's odd....your beloved Secretary of State said otherwise in a press conference on CNN. He said they are known to have at LEAST 2 that can be placed in ballistic missiles and are capable of striking the US west coast. Now either the Department of Defense and the CIA is lying, or you've been to all of NK's nuclear facilities and checked to make sure they don't have any.

Originally posted by unknown1

Hmm, that's odd....your beloved Secretary of State said otherwise in a press conference on CNN. He said they are known to have at LEAST 2 that can be placed in ballistic missiles and are capable of striking the US west coast. Now either the Department of Defense and the CIA is lying, or you've been to all of NK's nuclear facilities and checked to make sure they don't have any.

Aggggh!!! Can be placed is not the same as placed....developing a missle to reach the U.S. is not the same as having one....

If I am trying to help a woman develop childbirth, I have to at some point get her pregnant....right now, N. Korea is in the foreplay stage..we are trying to cockblock and keep the pregnacy from happening right now.

But what do I know.....a media spinned clip that you could find on the net is much more informative than actual experience and knowledge to you people.

Uhh, the ballistic missle that can reach the US wasnt the main focus in the post. He also said that they have proof that they have 2 plutonium based nuclear weapons. Reading is fundamental.

Re: Re: Re: Makaho Sanford?

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90

So what were they bugging you about coming on here and saying?

:dude:

They were saying "Makaho, these dumb azz democrats are holding Sadaam's Nuttz and blastin the president again!!"

I'm glad he didnt do the debate....or else he probably wouldn't have known what to say.

bush.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Makaho Sanford?

They were saying "Makaho, these dumb azz democrats are holding Sadaam's Nuttz and blastin the president again!!"

Thank you Makaho and whoever your scared azz friend is for letting me know that since I don't agree with the man running the country I am a dumb azz democrat.

Please believe that no matter when or where I will have my say and will not ask someone else to step in and speak for me

:bump: :goodbad:

Aggggh!!! Can be placed is not the same as placed....developing a missle to reach the U.S. is not the same as having one....

If I am trying to help a woman develop childbirth, I have to at some point get her pregnant....right now, N. Korea is in the foreplay stage..we are trying to cockblock and keep the pregnacy from happening right now.

But what do I know.....a media spinned clip that you could find on the net is much more informative than actual experience and knowledge to you people.

Ahhh.....your beloved secretary of defense was just on CNN. What did he have to say? And I quote..

"N. Korea has restarted one of their nuclear plants, and may be restarting the other within a few days. They have in their possession 8,000 rods which can be turned into nuclear weapons 4 months in the least, 6 at the most. N. Korea has at LEAST 2 Nukes already, THAT WE KNOW ABOUT."

So break this down for me good ol Makaho...why does the CIA & Department of Defense keep saying THE ALREADY have WMD? And we're in Iraq trying to find something that we don't know exist. :rolleyes: And for anyone that says this is about "Liberation" of Iraq, what about The Sudan, what about Egypt, what about so many of the other countries under leadership of a dictator? What about the REAL countries that pose a threat to us? What clowns. :rolleyes:

If they were images of anywhere else in the world, the photographs would suggest something quite benign: columns of black smoke swirling harmlessly out of a tall chimney across a snowy landscape. But the shots taken earlier this month by U.S. spy satellites were of the Yongbyon nuclear facility, ground zero for the North Korean nuclear threat?and where there's smoke, there's fire. Analysts say the photos indicate North Korea has taken yet another step toward building multiple atomic weapons. The smoke is rising from a coal-fired steam plant. It produces energy for a reprocessing facility capable of turning 8,000 spent-fuel rods possessed by the North into bomb-ready fissile material. "Any reactivation of the reprocessing plant is very serious," says a South Korean defense analyst. "If they do reprocessing at full speed, it won't take them more than three months to produce plutonium."

North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il, lauded by his lackeys as a "military genius" and "Great General," appears to have concluded that his country can't win a war without the ultimate weapon. Purely from the viewpoint of a military strategist, that conclusion may be inescapable. With 1.1 million men under arms, North Korea boasts the world's fourth-largest military. It has a formidable conventional arsenal, short- and long-range missiles, chemical weapons and one of the biggest "special operations" forces trained to go behind enemy lines. Last week, Americans learned how big the North Korean threat has become when CIA chief George Tenet testified to Congress that Korea's latest missile could probably carry a nuclear warhead to California. Says Victor Cha, a Korea expert at Georgetown University in Washington: "North Korea is not just a peninsula-security problem for the U.S. anymore. It is a homeland-security issue."

Kim may be capable of terrorist-style strikes. But he needs an equalizer like the Bomb because his military almost certainly lacks the capacity to win a prolonged ground conflict involving conventional forces?the most likely scenario should a conflict erupt across the demilitarized zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea, where 560,000 South Korean soldiers stand guard with the support of 37,000 U.S. troops. The North gets its military clout from sheer size?almost a third of its GDP goes into military spending. But the isolated, impoverished country equips its troops with outmoded hardware, some of it dating back to the cold war.

Pyongyang's inability to win a war may be comforting only to war-games theorists, however. The desperate nation?or at least its military ?lite?would probably fight to the death. Defense experts say North Korea's countryside is virtually a fortress, honeycombed with hardened bunkers and tunnel complexes shielding troops and supplies. Kim is known to admire the blitzkrieg tactics used by Nazi Germany in the early stages of World War II to swiftly overrun and overwhelm opponents. At the outset of a ground war, the North could blanket South Korea and U.S. troops with chemical weapons. It could use up to 300 artillery pieces that are within striking distance of Seoul to pound the capital's population. More than half of the North's soldiers are deployed within 150 kilometers of the DMZ, so generals can concentrate forces quickly and avoid long supply lines, mitigating U.S. air power. Scuds and longer-range Nodong missiles could be hurled toward U.S. bases in Japan. Even if the North would eventually be defeated, the U.S. estimates a North Korean attack on Seoul could result in up to 1 million casualties. Says a U.S. military official: any war with the North "is going to be bloody." All the more reason to seek a diplomatic solution for what the U.S. still insists is not a crisis.

=============================

Wasn't it Bush that said there will be no negotiating with those who pose a direct threat to the U.S. or our allies?

Re: Re: Makaho Sanford?

Captain Makaho deployed twice as a result of President Clintons global policy and put foot to foreign azz and had no problem with it. As a matter of fact, I applauded him for doing it. But when Bush wants to do the same thing.....he gets blasted by Clinton nutt swingers. So you tell me who is practicing paritsan political bullisht.

I have been a Democrat, Independent, and now a Republican..have been on 6 campaign staffs, and was a G.O.T.V. coordinator for the N.A.A.C.P, yet, I am told by mofos here I don't know isht about politics.

Yeah, what do I know.......theory and perception is a much better teacher than experience and reality.

Let's take these 3 in order:

#1:
You are 100% correct. That the extreme left is whining and belly-aching now and, for the most part, didn't say jack-siht when Clinton ordered actions without UN approval is not consistant. However, as is true of both the extreme left and extreme right, the Reps were and still are blasting Clinton for "killing thousands of innocent christians". Back then when I saw the usually hawkish reps not going along with Clinton,, I was like,, "HUH??!! Are the reps the ones who shoot first and ask questions later?" It's all politics and depends on who's in office when it comes to zealot dems and reps.

#2 & 3:
Reguardless of experience and such, this is a country of opinions, plus this page thrives on smack, so that's to be expected. Even if you do have lots of experience in politics and such, people can still disagree with you phylosophically. Me for example, I can't see that no one side has all the right answers. I think the answer lie somewhere between the ideologies of the extremes, so I take things on a case-by-case basis and try to employ rationale, logic. Lastly, I think the extremes/zealots on both sides "oppose" the opposite side because they are the other side, not because of logic and reasoning. This is the American way; to draw sides, divide up into camps of "us against them" and compete. That's good, helped build our country, but many times you (or I) can see that both sides are simply stubborn and obstructionist if the other side is in power,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for the most part,, there are people who have sincere objections/beliefs,,, but for the most part, all the party "groupies" are sheep to me.

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
I don't think the 'insiders' in Washington would ever allow a debate to happen between GDubya and Saddam. Personally, I don't think Bush can 'think on the fly' fast enough to match wits with Saddam. And unless the questions and answers are scripted, then Saddam wins the debate anyway you look at it. I say 'Smart move by Saddam' by demanding a debate. But even he knows it'll never happen.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Even his closest advisors know that to allow Bushy to debate with ANYONE else on such an international scale, would reveal him as more of an "intellectual lightweight" than he's already been.

To allow Saddam to "rip him apart" in a debate would mean political suicide. There are many leaders throughout the world who feel that Bush is "inept" when it comes to his ability (or lack thereof) of any kind of intellectual exchange. Why do anything to allow those numbers to grow?

This has to be the most evil act the US is going to commit publically since Vietnam. We have no business invading a soveriegn nation for their oil.

How many excuses are we going to use for invading Iraq? The latest excuse is that we want to liberate the Iraqi people. So when we get thru with Iraq, why dont we just mosey on over to China and liberate those people since thats our "new thing."

Anybody that says that this is about anything but Oil is a raving fool. If it werent about oil, why are we concerned that Saddam will blow up the refineries? That wouldnt even phase us if we were only interested in "liberating the people."

This makes me sick to my stomach. We are about to invade a country because they have weapons of mass destruction that we cant find. Huh? We are bout to invade a country cause they have missles that go 93 miles. Oops wait, Saddam said that he will destroy those missle (which is all that they have found) but Bush says, we are going to invade anyway.

The bottom line is that this is evil and rotten to the core. We will pay for this evil act on American soil again.

Originally posted by Get Ready
This has to be the most evil act the US is going to commit publically since Vietnam. We have no business invading a soveriegn nation for their oil.

How many excuses are we going to use for invading Iraq? The latest excuse is that we want to liberate the Iraqi people. So when we get thru with Iraq, why dont we just mosey on over to China and liberate those people since thats our "new thing."

Anybody that says that this is about anything but Oil is a raving fool. If it werent about oil, why are we concerned that Saddam will blow up the refineries? That wouldnt even phase us if we were only interested in "liberating the people."

This makes me sick to my stomach. We are about to invade a country because they have weapons of mass destruction that we cant find. Huh? We are bout to invade a country cause they have missles that go 93 miles. Oops wait, Saddam said that he will destroy those missle (which is all that they have found) but Bush says, we are going to invade anyway.

The bottom line is that this is evil and rotten to the core. We will pay for this evil act on American soil again.

GR,

I agree 100%.

:tup:

Originally posted by Get Ready

I can't even watch the news nowadays without getting the same feeling. The feeling is somewhere between sick and angry (more on the angry side, though.)

And I won't even mention the digustingly slanted news coverage by our right-wing azz 'liberal' media (FOXNews and CNN in particular should be ashamed). But hey, if the people who don't have the guts to think independently want to buy their bull****, let them go right ahead.

Wrong is wrong, and America will pay dearly for it's shameless imperialism sooner or later. Ya'll better pray it's later. :uhoh:

Back