S&S magazine features 10page HBCU section

bluphiiijsu

Creative Director
Street & Smith's College Football Magazine is out with a ten-page Black College section. Billy Joe's Florida A&M Rattlers, who will feature Texas Christian transfer Casey Printers at quarterback, is the magazine's preseason number one team followed by Jackson State and Bethune-Cookman. Virginia Union and Winston-Salem State are picked to win the CIAA East and West respectively, with JSU (East) and Grambling (West) in the SWAC, FAMU in the MEAC and Tuskegee in the SIAC.

Billy Joe's Florida A&M Rattlers, who will feature Texas Christian transfer Casey Printers at quarterback, is the magazine's preseason number one team....

Apparently Street and Smith feels that Dwight Mann's table scraps is BCF filet mignon. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Make's you wounder !

Magazines Release Preseason Rankings for I-AA

College Sporting News

Athlon Top 1-AA Top 25
1. Montana
2. App. St.
3. Youngstown St.
4. Eastern Illinois
5. William & Mary
6. McNeese State
7. Grambling
8. FAMU
9. Lehigh
10. Furman
11. Northern Iowa
12. Portland State
13. Maine
14. NW State
15. Geo. Sou.
16. Eastern Kentucky
17. Hofstra
18. Northern Arizona
19. Jackson State
20. Western Kentucky
21. Hampton
22. Colgate
23. Stephen F. Austin
24. Southern
25. Tenn. Tech

Street & Smith's Top 1-AA Top 25
1. Montana
2. Eastern Kentucky
3. Lehigh
4. Northern Iowa
5. Eastern Illinois
6. Portland State
7. App. St.
8. ETSU
9. Youngstown State
10. Murray State
11. William & Mary
12. Delaware
13. Tenn. Tech
14. Montana State
15. Western Kentucky
16. FAMU
17. Tenn. State
18. Grambling
19. Colgate
20. Villanova
21. Northern Arizona
22. Western Carolina
23. Hofstra
24. Sam Houston State
25. Geo. Sou.

Top Players
Offense: Tony Romo, QB, Eastern Illinois
Defense: Freddy Pesqueira, DL, GSU
Newcomer: Casey Printers, QB, FAMU

Games to Watch
Mon. at Hofstra
App St. at ETSU
EKU at Eastern Illinois
NCAT at FAMU
McNeese St. at Sam Houston State
GSU at Furman

All-America Team
Offense
QB Tony Romo, EIU, Sr.
RB C.J. Hudson, EKU, Soph.
RB Tom Koutsos, Southern Illinois, Sr.
WR Drew Amerson, Cal. St. Northridge, Sr. (now at Troy State)
WR Chas Gessner, Brown, Sr.
TE Steve Farmer, Tenn. St., Sr.
OL Chad Setterstrom, UNI, Sr.
OL Nick Roberts, YSU, Jr.
OL Mike Brigandi, Hofstra, Sr.
OL Dylan McFarland, Montana, Jr.
OL James McCoy, GSU, Sr.
K MacKenzie Hoambrecker, UNI, Sr.
RS Brian Bratton, Furman, Soph.

Defense
DL D.J. Bleisath, Tenn. Tech, Sr.
DL Josh Jeffries, ASU, Sr.
DL Freddy Pesqueira, GSU, Sr.
DL Valdamar Brower, Mass., Sr.
LB Erik Dandy, WKU, Jr.
LB Stephen Cooper, Maine, Sr.
LB Nick Ricks, EIU, Jr.
DB Jon Ambrose, St. Peter's, Sr.
DB Yeremiah Bell, EKU, Sr.
DB Hadley Prince, McNeese St., Sr.
DB Terrance Miles, Ind. St., Sr.
P Eddie Johnson, Idaho St., Sr.

Street & Smith's mag is a serious contradiction this year. Notice in the S&S I-AA poll above that they have Tenn. State, FAMU and Gram at 16, 17 and 18 respectively. I read the mag the other day and their BCF poll has FAMU and JSU at 1 and 2. Their analysis read like JSU was the team to beat, but Gram is the only SWAC team to be ranked in the I-AA poll. Go figure.

P Eddie Johnson, Idaho St., Sr.

What does P David Beckford of Bama State have to do to become first team. He lead the SWAC every year in punting and been All SWAC every year. Black Colleges these days aint getting no love. Their wasnt even one Black Player on that list.

why was Michael Hayes and Lenard Mack picked HBCU 1st team despite not playing?

Mack will recover faster because all he did was broke an arm but putting so much on Hayes with a leg injury is a risk.

I hated that the previews focused solely on the 1st and 2nd place team in the division. Hell, they didn't even include anything on 3-5 except a measly paragraph.

I'm waiting on BVQ's report. They will actually have an interest in HBCU and will take more time to research.

Re: P Eddie Johnson, Idaho St., Sr.

Originally posted by Sting
What does P David Beckford of Bama State have to do to become first team. He lead the SWAC every year in punting and been All SWAC every year. Black Colleges these days aint getting no love. Their wasnt even one Black Player on that list.

TRANSFER/MIGRATE BACK TO HIS PEOPLE...LMAO...
:lmao:

TRANSFER/MIGRATE BACK TO HIS PEOPLE...LMAO...

I know you might be cockeyed and all, but do you see anybody from Valley on the list

Re: TRANSFER/MIGRATE BACK TO HIS PEOPLE...LMAO...

Originally posted by Sting
I know you might be cockeyed and all, but do you see anybody from Valley on the list

WELL YOU CAN SEE CAN'T YOU....NOPE NOT A ONE......BUT WHEN YOU SEE ME IT MIGHT BE THE LAST THING YOU SEE....:lmao:

PRESEASON IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THE POST-SEASON..SO WE CAN CHAT OVER HONORS THEN...

WELL YOU CAN SEE CAN'T YOU....NOPE NOT A ONE......BUT WHEN YOU SEE ME IT MIGHT BE TH

The only way you would have a chance at making it to the post season is by bring Toten and Rice back

Back