Roy Jones, Jr. gets knocked out AGAIN!!!

Man, the ref didn't even have to count Roy out. He could have just stood over Roy like he was Smokey and said:

<marquee>"YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUGG OUT!!"</marquee>

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man...I love Roy Jones Jr. I hope he retires after this fight. He needs to start thinking about his health. He's not the fighter he once was. This guy took his soul tonight.

When it rains IT POURS. In my best Cossell voice, "Down goes Punk Roy. Down goes Punk Roy. Down goes Punk Roy."

The simple facts are Punk Roy WAS a creation of rap videos. He fought bums, homeless guys and Europeans (they might as well be homeless) for 5 years. He was never as good as his hype. And frankly, for the last two or three years, he's been a much better rapper than boxer.

I think he should retire; however, if he DOES continue to fight, he should move up in weight. It's pretty clear that getting back down to the lt. hvy weight drains him too much. Still, I think he could beat Ruiz.

Lamont,

You might be right about the weight loss draining him, but after that fight, I'd rather see Roy hang 'em up and call it a career.

I think that Roy should retire as well. They said that he had a concussion last night. That's why he was out on the mat for so long after getting knocked out. I think that, for health reasons, he needs to retire now.
I think I remember hearing that once you get that 1st concussion, it's easy to get another one. Being a boxer, hits to his head will be given. There's no telling when or where he'll get another concussion. They do have health effects associated with them, too.
His health is more important right now. He needs to seriously think about retiring.

p1_925_jones_ap.jpg

"Man, the ref didn't even have to count Roy out"

Looks like he fell dead....Damn

:smh: :smh: :smh:

The fight was rather sad on the real. It is time for him to hand it up, but personally I have been feeling that Roy Jones, Jr. should left it alone a minute ago. This beating was coming, and he should have seen it coming. Always trying to be a soldier, but they do die as you all saw.

Roy must have thought he was still in his 20's with his left hand below his waist. If he continues to fight he will get knocked out every time by any average fighter if he doesen't change his style. The quickness and reflexes just aren't there and they aren't coming back. Retire while you still have your health.

LaMont said:
When it rains IT POURS. In my best Cossell voice, "Down goes Punk Roy. Down goes Punk Roy. Down goes Punk Roy."

The simple facts are Punk Roy WAS a creation of rap videos. He fought bums, homeless guys and Europeans (they might as well be homeless) for 5 years. He was never as good as his hype. And frankly, for the last two or three years, he's been a much better rapper than boxer.

I think he should retire; however, if he DOES continue to fight, he should move up in weight. It's pretty clear that getting back down to the lt. hvy weight drains him too much. Still, I think he could beat Ruiz.

When I first paid attention Roy Jones, it was back in 94 during the James Toney fight. I followed his career and thought, man he is a good fighter with no one good to fight. I felt that by the time his skills began to deteriorate, better contenders began to show up in the divisions he was fighting in....,

So Lamont, I guess your'e saying the contenders were there all the time and he didn't have to play pro ball and be in rap videos just to challenge himself????????

SB99 said:
The fight was rather sad on the real. It is time for him to hand it up, but personally I have been feeling that Roy Jones, Jr. should left it alone a minute ago. This beating was coming, and he should have seen it coming. Always trying to be a soldier, but they do die as you all saw.

Exactly, he's nowhere near the fighter he once was, he's not as quick or active in the ring, and he doesn't have the power to hurt anyone in this division. He's getting knocked out by shots that wouldn't have touched him in his prime. He should have retired a while ago, and especially after the Tarver fight. He was dominated and knocked out by a career middling fighter, hopefully this will let him know it's time to go.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I saw the fight and it was not the fight jones was expecting.tarver gave evry fighter confidence when facing roy. like i told my wife while watchign the fight.it is like a rb who fumbles for the first tiem in a game .the next time he gets the ball everyone will try to strip it or make him fumble cause of his past history of fumbling.like roy got knocked out in his last fight so johnson figured he could knock roy out also. he caught roy on the ear also .all your center of balance lies in your ears.the fall more than anythign had roy unable to get up .his head slammed against the canvas.roy played around with this dude the whole fight while johnson stayed on roys azz the whole fight forcing the issue.roy seemed timid not to throwing punches.if roy does fight again i hope he will come back with an urgency not seen since the montel griffin fight.he might just retire and be trhu it . i don't want to see him go out in a loss like that.

Robber said:
Lamont,

You might be right about the weight loss draining him, but after that fight, I'd rather see Roy hang 'em up and call it a career.
I hope his legacy remains intact. It seemed he stayed down longer than the fight. Folk will remember this one (he was not past his prime like Ali was with Holmes).

I hope I am wrong. When one thinks of Ali, I think of him beating Foreman, not his embarrassing loss to Holmes. I wonder what folk will remember of Roy.

Brotha's gonna need to make some decisions. Retire and work for HBO or just rethink his career position all together.

ROY JONES HAS BEEN UNDER THE WATCHFUL EYES OF THE FANS FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS AND WHEN BERNARD HOPKINS BEAT HIM UP A FEW MONTHS AGO AND NOW JOHNSON A VIRTUAL NOBODY KNOCKED HIM DOWN TO THE MAT, AND AT THE END OF THE NIGHT YOU SEE A STUNNED ROY JONES JR ON HIS KNEES WITH A TOWEL LAYING ON HIS NECK WITH A SWARM OF MEDICAL PERSONNEL ASKING ,BEGGING HIM TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL BUT HE WOULD NOT GO.ROY JONES WAS ALWAY'S A BIG FIGHT DRAW IF HE WANT'S TO CONTINUE HE WILL HAVE TO GET BACK INTO THE GYM ,NOT HIS RANCH IN PENSACOLA ,FLA BUT A GRIMMY GRUNGY GYM WHERE HE CAN GET THAT KILLER INSTINCT BACK.THE LAVISH LIFE HAS MADE ROY VERY VERY SOFT AND VULNERABLE TO THE KNOCK OUT ASK OSCAR !!!!!

Back