Rosa Parks story on.....

I thought it was pretty good....I didn't know that we couldn't try on shoes in the stores....WTF. :eek:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I thought it was ok. What was the purpose of the part of the story where her mom heard her and her husband getting busy....:confused: Did that lend aide to the story?:confused:

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
I thought it was pretty good....I didn't know that we couldn't try on shoes in the stores....WTF. :eek:

The no shoes, falls under segregation. Remember separate but equal. If there was only one shoe store, then the black person came up short. There were/are laws stating they could take your money but white business owners couldn?t treat you as a human. The owners would say it is the law, to any black that questioned the mis-treatment.

The reason that I said are laws: the laws still exist, there are just classified as unconstitutional.

All I can say is, I'm glad I came along when I did....I would have been hung back in those days.

All I can say is, I'm glad I came along when I did....I would have been hung back in those days.

Whether you want to believe it or not. You would have adapted to the situation. Black folks have been know to adapted to some of the worst conditions is history.

Well my father (who is 64) told me that you couldn't try on isht in the store.. You just had to make your best guess and go for it.. There were no refunds or exchanges... Times were real hard for everyone involved. Seperate restrooms (if they had a colored one at all) Jim Crow laws, and the such fire me up.. I have been watching hallmark channel all month..

You younguns kill me with all that gibberish about what you would have done back then. :p

Originally posted by jelli
I thought it was ok. What was the purpose of the part of the story where her mom heard her and her husband getting busy....:confused: Did that lend aide to the story?:confused:

You know that there is always a love part and a freaky part in a movie. Well, they just put the two parts together and showed her mother listened to them gettin busy. Thats all.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

That's what I was saying, especially when the lady said she failed test to get her voter's registration and wouldn't let her see how she failed. I jumped at her through the TV then.

Originally posted by JSTUS

That's what I was saying, especially when the lady said she failed test to get her voter's registration and wouldn't let her see how she failed. I jumped at her through the TV then.

JSTUS, baby. Where have you been? I missed you! :(

Originally posted by JSTUS

You're not alone....my blood was boiling at that moment. I don't deal with these racial issues too well. :eek:

Back